It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Methinks you are being somewhat testy considering I am supporting what you said which was.....

Bottom line, two and a half Tsar Bomba's going off on the moon or earth would not be an extinction level event, far far far from it, and if one went off on the moon, zero effect to earth. Good enough for you?

MY point was that we have just had an even with many more times the energy - the Japan earthquake - and that was not an ELE. That one was 476 Megatons equivalent of nearly 10 x the Tsar Bomba

That is the equivalent of a 4 km comet strike. I just didn't pull that out of a hat. Things are way over exaggerated.

Um who is exaggerating? I am not. You are, however, not correct as the impact of a 4 km comet would be about that of a 9.4 earthquake and therefore around 4 gigatons (80 x the Tsar Bomba)

www.purdue.edu...

The major seismic shaking will arrive approximately 20 seconds after impact.
Richter Scale Magnitude: 9.4
Mercalli Scale Intensity at a distance of 100 km:

General panic. Damage considerable in specially designed structures; well-designed frame structures thrown out of plumb. Damage great in substantial buildings, with partial collapse. Buildings shifted off foundations. Serious damage to reservoirs. Underground pipes broken. Conspicuous cracks in ground. In alluviated areas sand and mud ejected, earthquake fountains, sand craters.

Most masonry and frame structures destroyed with their foundations. Some well-built wooden structures and bridges destroyed. Serious damage to dams, dikes, embankments. Large landslides. Water thrown on banks of canals, rivers, lakes, etc. Sand and mud shifted horizontally on beaches and flat land. Rails bent slightly.

Energy before atmospheric entry: 1.06 x 10^23 Joules = 2.54 x 10^7 MegaTons TNT

The average interval between impacts of this size somewhere on Earth during the last 4 billion years is 5.5 x 10^7 years

Not sure what their energy before entry is all about but a 9.4 is about 4 gigatons. Of course it does depend on what you pick as the parameters but taking the minimum set it would be a 7.9 magnitude quake which is about 13 megatons of TNT and around 1/3 of a Tsar Bomba. Velocity and composition all have an effect obviously as does the area struck.

You are also aware that atomic, in this case hydrogen blasts have a greater effect detonated above ground than after they land, right?

Yes thank you I am. My point there was that in the event of a comet of meteor strike it would not be an airburst and therefore not the same as the Tsar Bomba. Why are you having a go at me?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Most the Earth is water, so chances are it would hit in the ocean (Pacific probably). But if it hits land and has a good angle and dense enough composition could and would put a significant amout of debris in the atmosphere. And an ocean hit would probably make a large tsunami. We would need to know a lot more info before just taking guesses. Has its trajectory been updated? Are there any other sources for its trajectory to verify? I hope its a comet, but Im still thinking its a brown dwarf, neutron star or something along those lines. Isnt this the thing that "lit up" for no reason at all a while back???

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I appreciate your input and I apologize for going off on a tangent. But as stated in that thread about the Purdue University site their analysis is based on the distance you place yourself from the impact ground zero, which I do not like. It doesn't give me a reputable impact scenario. One also must know the relative geology of said body, which we do not and they give you but 4 choices to enter, not to mention the choices of where it impacts. But its a good thumbnail sketch.

I really don't link much when I respond to things I see as exaggerations because I gathered my data from so many different sources throughout so many years. Some things stick in my head and I guess some things quite don't. When a very specific calculation is sited that I think is in error I will site where I get my information, that's why speaking on a forum without writing white papers in response is the reason I don't reference data sources unless its a very specific particular. I wouldn't use that Impact Earth site to support anything but a very vague and broad generalization of pure math calculations like, I'd feel it, I wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

Proximity to the sun increases the coma of a comet, in short the coma is a very thin kind of atmosphere, in a comet's case, sort of thawing. That is the part that grows visually of comets, which means its core is losing mass every solar approach.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Actually if you look at the results it is the seismic travel times and MMI of the resultant shaking that is dependent upon the distance that you place yourself from the blast. That actually is a very reasonable way of looking at things.

The output of the blast is not altered by your distance. The factors affecting that are the impact speed and angle, the substance of the strata hit and the composition in terms of density of the striking object.

In my opinion it is a perfectly legitimate calculation system.

Edit to add:

I really don't link much when I respond to things I see as exaggerations because I gathered my data from so many different sources throughout so many years.

Actually that does not excuse you from quoting sources. This is especially true if you gather data from many sources, as I do as well, as many sources conflict slightly and you need to be sure that you are remembering the right one. Your reader also needs to be aware that your are not just spouting something you have invented. Think Wikipedia for a second - no original research.

I guess each to his own however.

edit on 24/4/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yes it is a tool for generalizations within certain perimeters. What is does lack that interests me more is atmospheric debris after impact, which I understand is nearly impossible to set a graph on, but we do have some fairly accurate data on large volcanic eruptions and the amount of atmospheric debris they caused as sort of a base, and speculative ancient tectonic disruptions.

Still, things fascinate me on calculative scenarios of a field yet in its infancy. Thanks for the exchange.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012 The rapture is not part of original bible doctrine.I am deeply involved with numbers ,codes,calenders,leaders,and have found numerous anomalistic information on,and around the date.
There are other disturbing numerological finds regarding the Japan quake date of 3.11.2011.Note that George
Bush sr and Jr have been considered to be evil,and in many cases associated with the beast .The numbers 666,
Revelation 9.11 and revelation 13.18.I have found very disturbing numerical anomalies with them,regarding these key numbers.BushSr birthdate is 6.12.1924 and Bush jr is 7.06.1946.Let's add them together 6.12+7.06=13.18
also 7+6=13 and 6+12 =18. If you add the years in it is 13.18(3870).As a decimal .3870 % of one year is the date may 21.Also the numbers 3+8+7+0=18=6+6+6.If you google the number 3870 and put the word deaths next
to the number ,and scroll back starting on page 6,7,8,etc,you will find an incredible amount of recent deaths,
being 3,870 deaths exactly,over and over .It is frightening.What is more bothersome however is this.on 7.06.09
was the 2300 day of Iraq war(daniel 8.14)and GBush Jr's 63rd birthday.Remember their bdays are 7.06 and 6.12
so,7.06.09 +612 days =3.11.11=or again 7.6.09+6.12.you have the numbers 13.18 and next to that 9.11,and
of course the japan quake was on 3.11.11(9.11 representing the last two digits for those 2 yrs.09.and .11.)So we have 612
days between 7.06.09 and the japan quake date of 3.11.11,now lets add Bush Jr's birthdate in days to 3.11.11
So 7.06.09+612 days =3.11.11+706 days = Feb 14.2013.,which is 1,318 days after 7.06.09.On this date,it just so happens that Bush Jr is 66.61264 yrs old.!On feb 11,2011 BushJr is exactly 66.6.On that date Bush sr is 88.666yrs old,which is the only date in their two lives that contain both 3 sixes in their age,66.6 and 88.666.
What is even more amazing is on the decimal date 2013.18,Bush Jr is exactly 66.66yrs,which is mar 7,2013.
The 66th day of 2013.There are 1,335 days between 7.06.09 and mar 2,2013(see daniel 12.12)and add 3.5 days
see(rev 11.9)=3.5.13=1335 +3.5 days.I do not know how any birthdates could be more compelling related to
the bible except for Obama.If you take 13.18 and divide by 9.11,you get 1.44676180021 .this looks familiar,look
at it this way 1946.7.6(18=6+6+6)and 0021 scrambled is 2001 so you get Bush jr's bdate ,then 666 then the yr
2001.There is no mistake here.We are in those times of bible prophecy of Daniel and Revelation.There is in fact,
a simple time code provided in 4 versus.First daniel 8.14 =2300 days ,start at Iraq war 3.20.2003 add 2300 days
=7.06.09! the 2300 th day is on Bush jr 's 63rd bday.Next rev 11.3=1260 days so add 1260 days to the 7.06.2009 date =12.17.2012!very close to the prophesied date of Mayan calender .Next rev 11.9=3.5 days which
goes from 12.17.2012 to 12.21.2012! There it is! On the date 12.21.12 Bush jr is 66.46 yrs.(born in 46!)Next Daniel 12.12 =1335 days+ the 3.5 days in rev 9.11,goes from 7.06.2009,to 3.5.2013.On mar 2,2013,the 1,335 day after 7.06.09 date Mar 2,2013 represents revelation 5 verse 6 to 12.the exact description of the sky over Jerusalem at 5;58 a.m on mar 2,2013.This date is mid tribulation.Tribulation started on 7.06.09 and goes to sept,
2016.I believe a flood will occur on mar 22,2013 ,the cause being Gods wrath and the gravitational pull from
Niburu or one of it,s moons.It is strange that Bush jr's lunar age of 66.6 was on nov 16,2009.The hebrew strong's
number 1116(nov 16) is the word Bar raq' .Nostradamus mention of the Word Mabus ,relates to ObaMA and BUSh.I'll show you why .Multiply the bdates 7X6X4X6X8X4X6X1=193536.If you make this a date=1935.3.6 ,then
add 78 years =2013.3.6, the number 78 is a reference to Daniel 7;8 of the bible and 78 X29.5 days per month
(lunar months)=2300 days(daniel 8.14)If anyone reads this,I hope they can take away some agreement on the
shall we say ,coincidental numbers ,working out this way as it might apply to prophecy.Who knows,but God alone.I do not claim anything to be actual biblical prophecy ,but ask reader to consider these possibilities.The dates,ages,numbers,by themselves, are correct.In terms of a rapture .proverbs 10;30 says the righteous shall never be removed,and the wicked shall not inherit the earth.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor
Most the Earth is water, so chances are it would hit in the ocean (Pacific probably). But if it hits land and has a good angle and dense enough composition could and would put a significant amout of debris in the atmosphere. And an ocean hit would probably make a large tsunami. We would need to know a lot more info before just taking guesses. Has its trajectory been updated? Are there any other sources for its trajectory to verify? I hope its a comet, but Im still thinking its a brown dwarf, neutron star or something along those lines. Isnt this the thing that "lit up" for no reason at all a while back???

Um, no.

As it is right now, Elenin is a faint comet that is located right near Sextans, which will barely be visible to the naked eye even when it reaches peak brightness in September.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by messenger2232013

You make me so glad that I'm deeply involved with being HIGH right now! Seriously! If this happens, then it happens, have a great time in Heaven, or whatever y'all beliecve in! But stop with the Numbers already!!!!!! I thought we're supposed to keep these conversations light and cheerfull ??

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Here's a link to some papers that might shed some light on the effects of Elenin.

Link

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You know that Planet X Movie coming out in May called "Melancholia"...Wouldn't it be wild if the kid's name in the movie was "Leo"? ...Oh wait, it is... Check it out for yourself. What do you think of this? A "Leo" discovers the killer asteroid in the movie Deep Impact. Another Leo discovers comet Elenin. There is a kid named Leo in this new planet X movie. Comet Elenin is also known as "X1". Comet Elenin will be approaching us from the constellation Leo. The Sphinx which has the body of a Lion (Leo) stares off into the night sky waiting for something to return....

From Graham Hancock: -"we have demonstrated with a substantial body of evidence that the pattern of stars that is "frozen" on the ground at Giza in the form of the three pyramids and the Sphinx represents the disposition of the constellations of Orion and Leo as they looked at the moment of sunrise on the spring equinox during the astronomical "Age of Leo" (i.e., the epoch in which the Sun was "housed" by Leo on the spring equinox.) Like all precessional ages this was a 2,160-year period. It is generally calculated to have fallen between the Gregorian calendar dates of 10,970 and 8810 BC. (op. cit., p.189)"

Ok follow me here.... The comet Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years. (According to Wikipedia). That would put its last appearance on earth roughly in the vicinity of time when the Sphinx was said to have been built. Of course we can't be sure of the exact date of either, but they are close.

A lot to think about.... One more coincedence... The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

right, I get that as long as its a comet. But are there alternative sources for trajectory information? Does any one have info on previous object's trajectories to see if JPL is "off" or if the trajectories on other objects gets revised etc to compare to this one?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

Do you think Nasa or any other group capable of tracking this will ever post calculations showing that it will collide with Earth? The data will always show it being "close". If any real whistleblower gets the true info out, it won't be out for long.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You can Google for comet orbital maps and for pages every link is using NASA JPL data, so what's up with the rest of the world's rich economies? Everyone uses NASA JPL data. You'd think someone would chart things after the fact but I haven't searched long enough or lost interest when the first couple of pages used the same data.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

NASA got its start by using Nazi scientists. I wouldn't put anything past them or rely completely on anything they posted.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hereitcomesskippy
You know that Planet X Movie coming out in May called "Melancholia"...Wouldn't it be wild if the kid's name in the movie was "Leo"? ...Oh wait, it is... Check it out for yourself. What do you think of this? A "Leo" discovers the killer asteroid in the movie Deep Impact. Another Leo discovers comet Elenin. There is a kid named Leo in this new planet X movie. Comet Elenin is also known as "X1". Comet Elenin will be approaching us from the constellation Leo. The Sphinx which has the body of a Lion (Leo) stares off into the night sky waiting for something to return....

Egypt does have some fascinating stuff which could possibly give a hint to what we can look forward to in the future. The Sphinx would also give the hint, Leo people.

From Graham Hancock: -"we have demonstrated with a substantial body of evidence that the pattern of stars that is "frozen" on the ground at Giza in the form of the three pyramids and the Sphinx represents the disposition of the constellations of Orion and Leo as they looked at the moment of sunrise on the spring equinox during the astronomical "Age of Leo" (i.e., the epoch in which the Sun was "housed" by Leo on the spring equinox.) Like all precessional ages this was a 2,160-year period. It is generally calculated to have fallen between the Gregorian calendar dates of 10,970 and 8810 BC. (op. cit., p.189)"

Ok follow me here.... The comet Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years. (According to Wikipedia). That would put its last appearance on earth roughly in the vicinity of time when the Sphinx was said to have been built. Of course we can't be sure of the exact date of either, but they are close.

Interesting you bring these calculations up. There is a theory out there that Noahs flood could of occured in the year 9792b.c. So if you add 9792 to 2011 you get 11,803 years, which would be very close to the estimated orbit of Elenin give or take.

A lot to think about.... One more coincedence... The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th.

I guess if Elenin was an ELE, they would not release the movie on the 26th of September

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
ok, a few things i am asking for help on...

1: i have found this page with a bunch of info on it some i have seen before, some i have not, some i understand, some i do not, my question is, can any one tell me what information is noted in the last 7 columns noted on 2 lines as such
Elong Moon Comet
Sun Moon Phase Tail pA d RA dDec
At first i thought it was redundant listing of the right ascension and declination but they are obviously not, just curious here...

2: just before i found that page i came across 2 others one is french and the other i beleive is the english version but i have been unable to open either versions the file is a post script file and i do not have any way to open them...Please help, here is the link i found them at
scirus.com
here is the shortcut to the files themselves
File i cannot open

ohhh if you can help me and post that info here i would be eternally grateful
(insert smily face bowing at your feet here) i think i have seen and read most everything there is on this comet at this point..all except that file.....
edit on 3-5-2011 by RadicalRebel because: spellin'

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My opinion of Elenin is that it is a cover for Weather Wars. I don't believe the three earthquakes that were supposedly triggered by an alignment hold any water. For one thing, the earth was between the Sun and Elenin, so it's not like you had two things tugging.

9Narnia's predictions? These do not prove that Elenin is responsible for the three earthquakes. They prove only that 9Narnia had information from people or "spirit guides" or demons, whatever, telling her things they knew.

How did they know? And how is it that the earthquakes did in fact take place on dates that NASA tells us, according to its computer programs, that Elenin was aligned with the earth and the sun -- on strategic dates that correspond with occult and Freemasonic dates of special significance -- is it really coincidence?

Or were the earthquakes caused by HAARP activity? There is a ton of information on just how easy it is to trigger an earthquake. Benjamin Fulford calls the HAARP an "earthquake machine."

And we all know the New Madrid is being assaulted to trigger a massive earthquake.

So I think this Elenin is a cover for Weather Wars. We all know they think there are too many of us, and the Georgia Guidestones states the goal, to reduce world population to 500 million.

That's my take on Elenin. I think if it weren't named ELEnin (Extinction Level Event and 9/11) that nobody would be paying attention to this comet.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
One whole day - 55 Pages, some junk but mostly very informative. Still got 23 reference windows open.
Thanks PuterMan and all the others for an interesting reading day. Some laughs, some upsetting when people grab each other at the throat. . .

Comets are amazing things. Think of them as "Time Keepers"

Everything in nature is cyclic - and comets are cyclic; therefore I think the cycles of comets sometimes correspond with cycles of disaster. That is what made the people of old shudder in fear when a comet is visible by naked eye.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join