It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

the rocket body has 3 meters probably a long forgoten rocket from golden age space age

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sorry Folks Elenin is not going to hit us , maybe another comet who nows when, but not elenin i been chasing him all nights photos available email me . check also

dailycosmicnews.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

You wont be able to see in google earth try gustavo Muler site stay well

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dailycosmic

What? Did you just skip to the end of the thread or something? I think everyone is aware of the fact and linking us to your own blog site about it proves nothing and adds nothing to the debate.

i been chasing him all nights

I decided earlier in the thread that Elenin is a female, despite the discoverer obviously not being!!

Why email you for photos. Why not post them here?

I believe ngchunter would be more than aware of that! Try reading the thread first and getting a feel for the characters and expertise of the posters. It really does help.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm a little late, but Elenin's orbital elements were updated on the 13th at the JPL Small-Body Database:

Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 19:56, +/- 4 minutes
Minimum distance at closest approach to Earth: 34,958,870 km
Closest approach to the Sun: 2011-Sep-10 17:16, +/- 3 minutes

For reference, here are the previous updates:

As of April 7th:
Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 19:51, +/- 5 minutes
Minimum distance at closest approach to Earth: 34,962,792.1 km
Closest approach to the Sun: 2011-Sep-10 17:13, +/- 3 minutes

As of March 25th:
Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 19:55, +/- 10 minutes
Minimum distance at closest approach to Earth: 34,934,372.5 km
Closest approach to the Sun: 2011-Sep-10 17:13, +/- 7 minutes

As of Marth 15th:
Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 19:52, +/- 19 minutes
Minimum distance at closest approach to Earth: 34,898,790.4 km
Closest approach to the Sun: 2011-Sep-10 17:11, +/- 13 minutes

As of March 10th:
Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 20:20, +/- 26 minutes
Minimum distance at closest approach to Earth: 34,827,592.2 km
Closest approach to the Sun: 2011-Sep-10 17:28, +/- 18 minutes

As of March 3rd:
Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 21:08, +/- 39 minutes
Minimum distance at closest approach to Earth: 34,699,527.9 km
Closest approach to the Sun: 2011-Sep-10 17:55, +/- 26 minutes

As of February 23rd:
Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 21:39, +/- 1 hour and 7 minutes
Minimum distance at closest approach to Earth: 34,833,620 km
edit on 18-4-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Closest approach to the Sun: 2011-Sep-10 17:16, +/- 3 minutes

vow 7hours spare and we could call it comet ninele(ven),
(10 years after)

i'm trying hard to convince myself we are just facing "coincidences"

i haven't succeeded yet

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

the poison is often in the tail.... we crossing the tail??????

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hey everyone I'm back!!
Some questions for all you astronomy types/ Puterman
...HYPOTHETICALLY: I realize Elenin is supposed to be small, but we can all agree that it has been building up LOTS of energy since the previous orbit ( I believe its been 30,000 years correct me if I am wrong ). Surely an impact explosion would be more powerful then AT LEAST 3-5 nukes right? What if it hit the sun? Could it cause a massive CME or something catastrophic? Has there ever been a comet with an orbit as long as Elenin's? I thank you for your answers in advance.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How about a big bolt of lightning... pillar of fire.... when a bunch of things line up this Sept/Nov, as I was reading about on a blog.

laura-knight-jadczyk.blogspot.com...

Just needed to add, I have always had Oct 14th as the day I am waiting for. I just haven't had a year, but I have always known I would know when the time comes. Now I just have to figure out what it is I have to do!
edit on 20-4-2011 by win 52 because: adding a realization of the date this comet nears earth, is all

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Don't know if this huge comet or whatever it truly represents, be it dwarf star, galacitc energy wave, who knows what this code is covering, but what I think might happen, if nothing else (and that is not something we know, it could be worse) is huge cme's that could do a lot to us.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
No doubt Leonid Elenin is a pen name. He now has a facebook, let's see his activities and interests::

Astronomy. That's it. Astronomy. Along with asteroids and comets. How nice.
No other pictures of himself.

His favorite games are, let's see: Fallout and Elite.

Mostly English friends, those that are of a different language, Russian I assume, have not been on facebook for long either.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

If Elenin is actually about 4 km in diameter and it is not largely ice but with a solid iron core and it hits earth at say a very fast steep trajectory on bedrock land, lets say, 40,000 mph at near 90º impact it would hit at about 10,000 times the Hiroshima bomb. It would have a devastating effect on a couple of hundred mile radius but would have little to zero effect on the earth itself. It could throw debris into the atmosphere to threaten a mass extinction due to largely the blockage of sunlight for an extended period of time, years or close to a decade, feeding plants, feeding animals. Sea life would suffer less but obviously plankton would die without enough light, at the bottom of the sea food chain.

If this comet hit the sun there would be absolutely zero effect on anything. Comets larger than this hit the sun all the time. You're talking basically fire against ice times a trillion cubed.

If this comet hit our moon it would effect nothing because there is no life on the moon to disrupt and it would be but a pin prick to the massive moon. The gravity of the situation is comets are very small, but huge bombs to life, virtually harmless unless they hit you.

It is the very life giving atmosphere on earth that magnifies the devastation of a comet impact to life (not the planet), on a dead planet, large moon, or star a comet impact is nothing.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

thanks!! your response is much appreciated!! Now if you can answer my other question, has there ever been a comet thats passed by us with an orbit greater than or equal to that of Elenins???

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Here's a list of comets with hyperbolic orbits: www.spaceobs.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Really if it hit the moon it would have little affect?? I find that extremely hard to beleive.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dniMnepO

Really if it hit the moon it would have little affect?? I find that extremely hard to beleive.

Agreed 10,000 Hiroshimas not affecting a moon with Zero atmosphere??? please explain..I understand theres no life there but still...The moon is 49 times smaller than earth[url=http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_larger_is_earth_than_the_moon]

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am sure this comet will not hit us.

It is just a warning of sorts. The Earth's temperature will drop a few degrees. There will be more violent storms with flooding and some very high tides. Also there will be volcanoes quakes and tsunamis with no regular food delivery or production on large scales to feed the masses of people in the cities that survive the strikes.

Pretty much a wreck. Roads not open, no planes flying, not to mention heat and viable shelter. Many people who survive the strikes and fire bursts will migrate to the warmer regions.......much like thousands of years ago.

Do you have the fortitude or stuff to get out with your soul in tact?

You will be where you are destined to be. If you are one hiding underground, I am not so sure you have the right stuff. Watch the meteor shower Friday morning before sunrise.(4:am or so)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
I am sure this comet will not hit us.

It is just a warning of sorts. The Earth's temperature will drop a few degrees. There will be more violent storms with flooding and some very high tides. Also there will be volcanoes quakes and tsunamis with no regular food delivery or production on large scales to feed the masses of people in the cities that survive the strikes.

Pretty much a wreck. Roads not open, no planes flying, not to mention heat and viable shelter. Many people who survive the strikes and fire bursts will migrate to the warmer regions.......much like thousands of years ago.

Do you have the fortitude or stuff to get out with your soul in tact?

You will be where you are destined to be. If you are one hiding underground, I am not so sure you have the right stuff. Watch the meteor shower Friday morning before sunrise.(4:am or so)

Yeah, because comets totally do that every time they're near us.

I guess we've been killed three times over by Halley, McNaught and Hale Bopp, and countless more times by countless others.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Imagine that, Leonid Elenin has updated his SpaceOrbs blog.......

April 21, 2011 - Update

ViewS?!?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spydrbyte25
Imagine that, Leonid Elenin has updated his SpaceOrbs blog.......

April 21, 2011 - Update

ViewS?!?

You are aware that all he's saying is that it's coincidental, right?

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join