It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Uh No. Christianity didn't exist before the resurection. Baptism did. You Mecca bigger mess.

You can't possibly have Christianity without the resurection.
edit on 25-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Did you see the connection at all with Halley's Comet and the birth of Christ I posted above?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
OMG! I just realized something. With this Comet Elenin close approaching Earth around Oct. 21st, 2011, this could be when Babylon falls in Revelation. And I found a Nostradamus Quatrain that directly relates to this. I am majorly freaking out now!

edit on 25-1-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
OMG! I just realized something. With this Comet Elenin close approaching Earth around Oct. 21st, 2011, this could be when Babylon falls in Revelation. And I found a Nostradamus Quatrain that directly relates to this. I am majorly freaking out now!

wow, so how and why does babylon fall.....if it hasnt already?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Ok, so the Feast of Tabernacles is from Oct. 15th-21st, 2011 (7 day feast)

As I have shown in my theory, the Great Tribulation of 1260 days could start at that time.

lastgreatday8.blogspot.com...

What could start the Great Tribulation? A bolide or meteorite hitting Earth.

Having a look at the Feast of Tabernacles

Zechariah

12 ¶ And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbor, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbor.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
16 ¶ And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem, shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

There is punishment on the Feast of Tabernacles!

The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

The Fall of Babylon

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9 ¶ And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10 standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
11 ¶ And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
12 the merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
13 and cinnamon, and odors, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
16 and saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
18 and cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
21 ¶ And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

A millstone cast into the sea as shown above (a meteorite or bolide). And it says the voice of the harpers and musicians and the trumpeters should be heard no more at all when Babylon falls.

Well when does that happen when there are harpers, musicians and trumpeters? Feast of Tabernacles!

"Simchat Beit Hashoeivah or Simchas Beis Hashoeiva is a special celebration held by Jews during the Intermediate days of Sukkot/Feast of Tabernacles. Afterwards, every night in the outer Temple courtyard, tens of thousands of spectators would gather to watch the Simchat Beit HaShoeivah (Rejoicing at the Place of the Water-Drawing), as the most pious members of the community danced and sang songs of praise to God. The dancers would carry lit torches, and were accompanied by the harps, lyres, cymbals and trumpets of the Levites. According to the Mishnah, (Tractate Sukkah), "He who has not seen the rejoicing at the Place of the Water-Drawing has never seen rejoicing in his life."

en.wikipedia.org...

Nostradamus Quatrains that directly relate

Quatrain 2,41

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:

The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

Quatrain 2,42

Cock, dogs and cats will be satiated with blood
And from the wound of the tyrant found dead,
At the bed of another legs and arms broken,
He who was not afraid to die a cruel death.

Quatrain 2,43

During the appearance of the bearded star.
The three great princes will be made enemies:
Struck from the sky, peace earth quaking,
Po, Tiber overflowing, serpent placed upon the shore.

Quatrain 2,44

The Eagle driven back around the tents
Will be chased from there by other birds:
When the noise of cymbals, trumpets and bells
Will restore the senses of the senseless lady.

Quatrain 2,45

Too much the heavens weep for the Hermaphrodite begotten,
Near the heavens human blood shed:
Because of death too late a great people re-created,
Late and soon the awaited relief comes.

Quatrain 2,46

After great trouble for humanity, a greater one is prepared
The Great Mover renews the ages:
Rain, blood, milk, famine, steel and plague,
Is the heavens fire seen, a long spark running.

The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven,
Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 ¶ And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

OMG!

Quatrain 1,55

I the land with a climate opposite to Babylon
there will be great shedding of blood.
Heaven will seem unjust both on land and sea and in the air.
Sects, famine, kingdoms, plagues, confusion.

Quatrain 1,56

Sooner and later you will see great changes made,
dreadful horrors and vengeances.
For as the moon is thus led by its angel
the heaves draw near to the Balance.

Quatrain 1,57

The trumpet shakes with great discord.
An agreement broken: lifting the face to heaven:
the bloody mouth will swim with blood;
the face anointed with milk and honey lies on the ground.

Quatrain 1,58

Through a slit in the belly a creature will be born with two heads
and four arms: it will survive for some few years.
The day that Alquiloie celebrates his festivals
Fossana, Turin and the ruler of Ferrara will follow.

Two heads as shown above

The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

The Two Beasts

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 ¶ And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

*is still waiting for a response to my most recent post addressed to you*

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Yeah likely so. Remember, there are synchronicity effects in the Bible. What happened back then, happens again in the future in a similar manner. I look at it more of an esoteric code, a sort of time marker, reading between the lines.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just like I thought in a previous post I mentioned. Very intriguing!

"Bolide Week
Every since I was a kid I have been fascinated various Meteor showers. Over the years I have often pondered reports of bright bolides in October and these past two years have been no exception. Whilst the Orion meteor shower peaks on October 20/21, there have been some notable recent bolides in early october. The Piscid and Draconid showers occur around this time.

Last year on Oct 7, 2008 TC3, the first ever asteroid detected before it hit the earth, slammed into the Sudan with the flash being detected on carpark security cameras as far away as Egypt. This year on Oct 6 a similar sized object exploded in the upper atmosphere over Indonesia (Australia's nearest neighbor). Nicolas Wethington covered this extensively in Universe Today. It is either an interesting co-incidence or an aspect requiring further research that some of the brightest bolides seem to occur in the early October. Perhaps the most famous the Peekskill meteor seen by an entire football stadium of people.

2008 TC3 October 6th

Indonesia 2009 October 8th

Peekskill 1992 October 9th

Statisticslly over thousands of years there would be one at least one bolide every calendar night. So it remains an interesting aspect worthy of further research whether these Bolides are part of Piscids or Draconids shower or random small solo asteroids."

aartscope.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Great, informative thread. Pity it falls into prophecies area, which is not my cup of tea unforunately (especially those regarding christianity and Bible codes, some others I find rarely interesting).

23 pages of this excellent read and I am astonished no one pointed that Elenin Comet's due time to make some fireworks up in the sky matches the timelines of armageddon described by famous here Dark Knight user. I remember he mentioned lights in the sky in late 2011 which were meant to begin the series of cataclysmic events.

Being loooong (like 2-3yrs) time lurker I really find this peculiar.

Some great open minds here, keep up the fabulous job of opening the closed ones! Hope I shall have an opportunity to contribute.

Cheers from Poland.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
IF God created humans, why He gonna whipe them out? Our are we a bad creation??? And why do people not believe in the way of nature doing his thing? Better creat a ohter thread for Bibble codes and bla bla bla.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

I completely agree with you, the revelations theory has gone far enough to warrant another thread to keep the science and religious aspect seperate.

A good thread though all the same.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Well nick you could liken this to a great experiment. I started the thread as an astronomical post and it has been complimented by the religious theory. Not my cup of tea personally as I have said but at the end of the day it serves a useful purpose to keep the two lines running in the one thread in my opinion.

If the astronomy is correct, and there is no perturbation of the orbit, Elenin will give us a display and pass on, never to be seen again. If at the same time she is a portend then we have not long to go to see if the religious theory is borne out. Of course I hope it is not! That would give me somewhat of a belief problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I am very curious to see how this plays out. I have a lot of questions though. For instance, will the things it passes en route change its trajectory? I know nothing about the mechanics, and the whole thing makes me nervous!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What about this ?

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... AL37;orb=1

just press >> to run simulation

a lot of incoming bodies arround...neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 26-1-2011 by borutp because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by borutp because: link not working

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

Originally posted by havok
Great find!

My first thought is this could be the 'blue star' that the Hopi's predicted.
The blue katchina? (spelling)

If the comet passes close enough to give Earth viewer a show, and it gives a blueish hue..
This could very well be it!

It's got me thinking thats for sure.

some think the explosion of comet Holmes back on Oct. 25 2007 was the Blue Star Katsina:

blog.beliefnet.com...

and another more "new-agey" take:

2012rising.com...

and more on the explosion of the comet from a scientific bent:

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

a quote from the 2nd web page (2012rising.com) states:

"Although there seems to be possible confirmation from the Hopi elders regarding their prophecy, we do certainly have confirmation from Mayan elders. It is stated in the interview of Drunvalo Melchizedek that the council of Mayan elders have stated their acceptance of Holmes as the Hopi Blue Star."

now, Melchizedek, to my knowledge, is the only one who has stated that the explosion of Comet Holmes is indeed the Blue Star Katsina- perhaps that has changed, or been repudiated.

regardless, it is all very interesting, as there are many other signs of the Hopi Prophecy that have already come to pass. (as if we didn't already know the -snip- is in the process of hitting the fan.)

PS - the Hopi spell "Kachina" as Katsina. the "CH" is a westernized pronunciation of the word.

edit on 17-1-2011 by mythos because: hurrah for typos

Though I do not consider myself 'New Agey' I guess at times the shoe does fit.

I wanted to respond to this and say that I think Melchizadek is yet another phoney new age shill liar out for fame, fortune or chicks. Whatever it is these people get out of spouting B.S.

I will delete my reference to him from my site as I have no evidence he really spoke to the Maya and a fair bit that he makes up such claims.

Thanks for reminding me I had that on my article.

Kind regards

Bruce Fenton
www.2012Rising.com

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You are right!!! I Hope we all here have a long great time on ATS to all discus this matter???? Till we are old and gray. We will see where this ends or maybe never ends. I hope we have a great time here on ATS. I do for shure!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Great thread, F&S. Promises to be some good sky watching come November! Keep us informed.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm not a big "space" information kinda guy so this question may be dumb to some of you. When I watched the comets simulation I couldn't help but notice it was in 2D. If this simulation was in 3D I can't help but think that the comet could come in at an angle to us and not even pass through our rotation around the sun either coming in or out of the system. Or do all comets and planets lye flat to the sun like on a plate. Seems kinda flat to me, just like people used to think the earth was flat???? Just something I'm wondering out loud about.

My second question is about the rocket that was 23 stories tall. It was launched with a "secret payload" Could this possibly be a launch to prepare to "fight" this comet or something else? Hmmmm something else to think about.

so anyone have some relevant information to my questions?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

THe latest report I read was, that rockets secret load was spy stuff

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

Hi Stargate

Im not a big bible buff anymore...but one thing that stuck out to me, and still sticks with me to this day...is how I understood what the 'new moon' meant in the bible. It was as if God led me to find this and showed me how many had it wrong.

So can I ask you, what makes you follow the calendars that use a 'new moon' as the time of conjunction of the moon and sun. For without technology...in times of way back when and also, maybe in times to come...a 'new moon' was observed by the first sighting of the thin silver crescent in the western sky 'after time of dark moon' (which today many use the description of 'new moon' with the new definition/modern definition, that has been given by astronomers with our technological advantages...of the time when the moon and sun conjunct).

It seems evident to me...that many that say they are following a biblical calendar...are not using the definition of new moon that has been given to them. The times of dark moon (sun and moon conjunction) can not be precise without technology. Sometimes dark moon last 1 day...sometimes 2 days...sometimes almost 3 days. Its stressed in the bible to 'not predict' the new moon....and to 'observe' the new moon. Literally, men (priest) were given this duty to 'observe' the new moon in the western sky after the days of dark moon...to start their 'new month'.

You will notice many calendars these days are predicted. Many are saying that there can be solar eclipses on the day of 'new moon' or a 'new month day'. But I dont find this idea in accord with the way God suggests that it must be observed. If the new moon is the first 'light' of the moon after times of dark moon...then there could not ever be a solar eclipse on the day of a 'new month'.

I find this all the more showing of 'gods plan' that 'no one will know the day' and if there is going to be a 'dark sun' it would truly be supernatural and not something we can 'predict'.

So what do you think about this? When I step out to observe the new moon every month...the power/energy I feel is a 'renewing'. God was all about 'light' and stressed that darkness was 'lack of light'. I really have a hard time understanding why biblical followers use the time of 'dark moon' as the time to determine 'new moon'.

Our of the many things I have carried with me from the bible that are consider precious as spiritual knowledge...is the 'observing' of the new moon that can be seen in the sky. How do you think Moses and his people could of 'observed' a precise day of 'dark moon' in the desert, especially when dark moon can be anywhere from lasting 1-3 days?

I see many being caught up in the idea that solar eclipses and 'the 1st day of a new month' can go together...but this is one thing that I feel if they want to follow the way God said for them to 'observe' the new moon in the sky...they are following wrongly.

I find the worth in it, because of feeling. Step out and start observing the 'new moon' in the sky...and tell me you dont feel something of deep spiritual worth there as you do this several times. Will you check into this??

Without our technology...we can not determine the true day of sun and moon conjunction. Before our technology, a precise time of true conjunction (we now define this as new moon)....could not be done by 'observation' of just the night sky and eye sight alone.
edit on 27-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

I know the post I replied to you in, did not go into the 'times of solar eclipses' on 'new month' days...but I have seen a few post in the past that have and I wanted to bring this up to you before...so forgive my lack of going back and finding those posts.

You posted a lnk earlier in this thread...in that link it says this...

Total Solar Eclipse (Sun Shall Be Turned Into Darkness) March 20th, 2015 (Nissan 1- The beginning of the Biblical Year- Jewish New Year)

So this tells me that this calendar is using the 'new moon' time as 'dark moon' and not the 'observing of the new crescent that can be seen in the sky'. There is nothing to suggest in the bible that 'dark moon' was the time of 'new moon'.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join