It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's president Hu: Dollar-Based System 'Product of the Past'‎

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

China's president Hu: Dollar-Based System 'Product of the Past'‎

www.foxnews.com

BEIJING—Chinese President Hu Jintao emphasized the need for cooperation with the U.S. in areas from new energy to space ahead of his visit to Washington this week, but he called the present U.S. dollar-dominated currency system a "product of the past" and highlighted moves to turn the yuan into a global currency.

"We both stand to gain from a sound China-U.S. relationship, and lose from confrontation," Hu said in written answers to questions from The Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post.

Hu acknowledged "some differences and sensitive issues between us," but his tone was g
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well here we have China coming out officially saying the dollar is dead. These times of economic crisis may be a good thing. If the yuan is made worth more then the cheap China goods will go away. The cost of China's goods will be no better then if the products were made in the good old USA.. If this can bring good jobs back to the people of America then I am all for it. I do not see this as a gloom situation. America can be the great country it has been again. The Chinese have not won yet. If they revalue their currency that will be great, the Dollar might not be the worlds used currency, but China wont be able to have a monopoly on making everything due to it being real cheap. America does need the jobs back.. If this does that, then good. What do you think good or bad?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-1-2011 by TheBigO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

Yeah, lets see Americans put their kids in factories for 10 cents a week pay.

What you say is ignorance.

But I´ll let you believe the good words that are meant to draw you in and then POW.

China is economically on the move. News agencies will suck up, production companies will suck up, universities will suck up, etc. etc. All because China owns their behinds. AND THEY KNOW IT. They just don´t want you to know.

Heck, the zionists are terrified of China! That´s why they are planning a war just in case all things don´t go as they would´ve wished for. Read some books

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Read some books? Are YOU that scared of China? You that big of a wimp? Your tone doesn't scare me, China does not scare me. The doom you hold onto is what is ignorant with this world. Whats wrong with people like you? Since your life sucks so bad deep down you want hell for everyone else. I don't give two snips about you.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hu highlights the need for U.S.-China cooperation, but his successor will eventually demand U.S. submission to China, and a global acceptance of the Yuan as a global standard currency.

They want cooperation, they want more US manufacturing, corporate relocation to China and the collapse of the US economy.

They want to be the global supreme power.

And the crafty bastards are well on their way already.

Hope Obama is practicing his bows.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Manufacturing jobs will be great for the joe schlum that doesn't have a chance in a corporate big wig BS office job.
Everyone deserves a living. Some people would rather work for something then have nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
the yen has been around longer than the dollar im assuming, and the dollar is a thing of the past? lol
you cna thank american corporations for helping china become the new superpower of economic control...soon might be china occupied USA as our weak president caves and gives in, hands it all over to them without OUR consent...war will be immenant. thanks the FED too, and wallstreet, for helping too allow cheap toxic chinese toys and products to hlep in this power shift. shuolda stayed with made in america only brands*

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

Read some books?

Yes, you want to know which ones?

Are YOU that scared of China?

I don't have a reason. I don't live in the US. YOU do.

Your tone doesn't scare me, China does not scare me.

Let me first congratulate you for being the first person able to distinguish tones via reading. Second, even if it doesn't scare you, it'll sure as heck scare the next generations, meaning your children or theirs. A great war between China and the US is looming, no matter how you want to turn and twist around it. This is not doom and gloom this is simple mathematics. Your defensive response already sheds too much light on your thinking. (Really? Defensive because someone said read some books? Start with Brzezinski; The Grand Chessboard, then come back and tell me you're sure this is all for the better of America
)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
sounds like chian maybe, wants to help brin the US economy down, so were as poor as indoensia and india, working for peanuts not even to make ends meet, then as they move in, eliminate and get rid off those undesirable in thier eyes..much like hitler did the jews of WWII. or the yugoslav albanaia war of 1991-1992 hell, even stalin starved over 50 million of his own people to death ,s ohis governemnt communists could live better. thats the world we live in kids

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I'm glad your the first internet psychic and exactly know how where I live?

It is still an assumption on your part. That other stuff about *be scared of china blah blah* you spout, just more assumptions, I assume your asinine.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

China is sucking up the US economy, jobs and manufacturing, massive amounts of US debt, and laugh at us over the massive trade deficit.

From our destruction only can come their ascension.

And it has been ongoing for decades now.

Seems that many Americans will wake up to what is really going on here, when it is already far to late to do anything about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

Sigh...

It is still an assumption on your part.

It? It? What do you mean it? Can you please fix up your grammar before you start thinking about geopolitics? Thank you very much.

That other stuff about *be scared of china blah blah* you spout, just more assumptions, I assume your asinine.

Let me remind you of the fact that YOU started throwing around the fear accusations. Unless you are a zionist, because then, sure, I said you were terrified and not just scared. The general American population is too brainwashed to know what is going on, so in a sense they are too brainwashed to be scared, or have an opinion of their own for that matter. Foxnews - telling you; WHAT to think!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

There you go again with more assumptions. You assume everyone is brainwashed, you assume fox news is telling me what to think over this. You assume wrong. Attacking grammar what a straw man argument the worst EVER!
*snip*

------------------------------------------------
Mode edit insult:

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics
edit on 1/17/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

Fox news has an interesting stance.
The Wall Street Journal has a slightly different spin on it.

I was just reading Reuters and found this...
US senators threaten currency bill ahead of Hu visit

"There's no bigger step we can take to preserve the American dream and promote job creation, particularly in the manufacturing sector ... than to confront China's manipulation of its currency," Democratic Senator Charles Schumer said.

The message to Hu is "we are fed up with your government's intransigence on currency manipulation. If you refuse to play by the same rules, we will force you to do so," Schumer said in a conference call with reporters.

Beijing's currency practices give Chinese companies an unfair price advantage in trade and have acted like "a boot on the throat" of U.S. economic recovery, Schumer said.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

There you go again with more assumptions.
No. STOP MAKING STUFF UP.

You assume everyone is brainwashed,
No. Stop MAKING STUFF UP.

you assume fox news is telling me what to think over this.
They are and obviously you do.

Attacking grammar what a straw man argument the worst EVER!

Actually, if you can't understand how to structure a sentence how the heck do you want to understand geopolitics? It wasn't a straw man, rather, you are the straw man.

You know what scum is right? That is what you see when you look in a mirror.

Thanks for showing the readers what they needed to see. Panicky people like you are the danger.

reply to post by SLAYER69

This is ridiculously funny, ironic, hypocritical etc. etc. would you not agree?

The message to Hu is "we are fed up with your government's intransigence on currency manipulation. If you refuse to play by the same rules, we will force you to do so," Schumer said in a conference call with reporters.

Because, last I checked, the US has overthrown how many legitimate governments for oil profits? How many countries have been made dependant on the US irregardless of their own choice? Exactly how much of the world bank is owned by the US treasury? How many propaganda wars are being waged by the US, just for economical gains?

The audacity is astonishing.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

ok i am new here but i had to join just to respond to this... look i am not into this doom and gloom and i really hope jobs return to the USA.

if the dollar is dropped from trade be prepared to see a huge inflation. you have to remember every country but the USA backs there bills up by precious materials. remember 1977 or in that era it was passed the dollar will no longer represent gold.... that means all that paper flying around has false value.. Cause we just keep printing more... people may not agree and i hope i am seeing it wrong ... i only hope

i have a son any type of collapse in this country is that last thing i want to see.....

I am a AMERICAN no matter how things are i love where i live......

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I thought it wise to interject something of substance contributing to the topic for the reader other than....

you and TheBigO's pulling each others hair.

On-topic: Yes, each side has been reacting to the others in an ever increasing escalation of counter moves.

edit on 17-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Somebody has to stop the thieves robbing Americans blind. We are being robbed by Politicians, Corporations, DOD, Federal Agencies, Federal Reserve, Bankers.....multitudes of mafia's who've been feeding at the trough filling their pockets with our countries money.

All while the majority of America gets poorer and poorer every year. I really liked how they got rid of allll the blue collar Federal jobs (Wage Grade) and contracted them alllll out so Americans make pennies while the Corporations make millions/billions and funnel some of their profits to Congressmen to keep it allllll going.

Thank you China for stepping up to the plate. Somebody has to stop the American thieves robbing us and the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The US needs to man-up and make room at the table for China, China on the other hand needs to also man-up and realize who set the table with regards to system of finance they rose to their position. It's a big table no need to start fighting over table scraps IMO.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by TheBigO

Sigh...

It is still an assumption on your part.

It? It? What do you mean it? Can you please fix up your grammar before you start thinking about geopolitics? Thank you very much.

*sigh...* (indeed)

Hey Grammar Nazi... Yer doin' it wrong.

The sentence you are critiquing is technically grammatically correct; the use of "it" as a subject is context messy, and bad writing in terms of clearness in this case, but the grammar is alright. "It" is a pronoun, and you can replace a noun with it. The first sentence however needs some work, but I could extrapolate the meaning.

Either way, I'm more inclined to agree with you back on the China/economic topic, (Save the Zionist stuff) but still... Your argument would carry more weight without resorting to attacks on grammar and spelling as a weak attempt to discredit someone. Frankly, I'm left wondering less about your on-topic point and more about what your ancillary problem is.

*poke*

*poke, poke*

Oh... For the record, I mix up 'their' and 'they're' all the time, and I'm pretty good at grammar. My husband is waayyy smarter than I am, and spells lettuce like "let us be friends", and I'm pretty sure you screw up too. I'm just sayin'...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join