It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I wonder how future civilisations will view our society??"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think the subject line of this thread is the most prominent and stood out to me in Micheal Moores most recent film venture - '' Capitalism - A Love Story ''

I have been a long time fan of Micheal Moore, now compared to some political commenters he is soft and doesnt ask exactly the right questions. i still think he has done an amazing job in documenting the US government, corporate behaviour and things that need changing.

His latest epic - ''Capitilism'' is his most recent but more his most ambitious movie yet and gives us an insight into the most recent events of the stock-market collapse and it following actions.

I still think his best movie was Farenheit 9/11 and i will never forget the footage of Bush sitting there for 7+ minuted after the WTC attackes.....

It is a must see along with, Sicko, Farenhiet and Columbine, ang gives us an insight into not only corporate America but the increasingly corporate GLOBE!!

Enjoy, it is worth the watch. Also i do realise this is no longer a new release but it was not advertised 1 sinlge bit in Australia which sez something for corporate powers....

Enjoy peeps

Also - a massive statement that stood out to me was this from:

Elizabeth Warren - Congressional Oversight Committee -

MM - Where is all our money and where has it gone?

EW - I dont know?

Wow, these people are supposed to oversee everything happening but they are just sheep...

edit on 17-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Iv'e gotta add this -

After watching just the first 5 minutes of the movie i was angry to say the LEAST!!

If i had the sherrif's office beating down my door i would be crazy to say the least. How dare in a time of crisis and fall they come and beat down your door because the bank is struggling and calling in it's loans!!

Anger is my only responce!

It's sad... the amount of people out there that think they have the dream, that they own their own house and land but in reality the bank owns it as collateral and as soon as a downturn hits the bank steps up and drives you out!

No care in the world, no compassion - no wonder people compare corporations with sociopaths...

Fair enough, this family... the guy or his wife may have lost their jobs but to put them out on the street as quick as possible and to turn their back on them and then sell the land and house for 1/4 of it's worth and then still expect the shortfal from the owner is a disgrace.

Fair enough some people are bad at budgeting and get them selves into the situation but some are innocent bystanders and deserve better.

Remember when you buy your home that every single year you pay rate / rent to the council. So do you really OWN that land??

I thnk not, because if you did youwouldnt be forced off your property for not paying land rates / taxes.... It's disgusting and a complete illusion!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
How will they view us?

About like this: link

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

hmmm not quite sure if it relates to this thread....also i think that link is how we view the past, not how the future will view us. Alot of things have changed since then...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

How was she supposed to know the government didn't ask the banks what the loans were going to be used for like they should have. And look what the money was used for buying companies, planes and bonuses which I thought was funny fail at your job and still get a bonus. We need to re-regulate the banking industry and file charges on the people that ripped this country off.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yeah... I think you are agreeing with me... hmm if im wrong please correct me. But yeah i do agree with your saying, these people that are labelled sheep dont know what is happening at the time.

They are elected by us but lead astray by the people that are supposed to guide and help them...

I dont blame the public individuals, although i do blame them in not being diligent and not asking the right questions.. Although i do understand that when you start asking the right or ''wrong'' questions that is when you are kicked to the curb...

It's really a sad state of affairs and a disgrace. The system has long been corrupt, they are only now becaoming scared because we have people like Micheal Moore and many, many others that go much further into detail that ask the right queations but get bullied or pushed to the side and labbeled a nutjob...

We need to retain hope however, that is what they want... for us to lose hope and rely on them. The minute we lose hope is the minute we lose all control whatsoever.

Never forget we the population and civilians are the majority and no matter what we can take back control. - ( I am not inciting civil war or revolution yet ) but if things continue on this path, that is our only option... We have people born in our gen - y that have a better grasp than current leaders but because we are just '' citizens '' they wont listen to us. For some reason they think they are better than us because they went to a school that cost 10x as much as ours.

They forget that we are more in-touch with public and they over the years have lost touch with public, no matter what illusion they put forward. We listen to their election promises and then watch year after ywar as they overlook or modify those election promises...

Sometimes i hate this world, but i love it at the same time... only we can make a difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I also wanted to add this clip which is also featured in movie. I have to add this is my first upload to youtube and it doesn't seem quite right so i must apologise but the top half of the clip is visible and the statements of Jimmy carter are clear...

P.S. if anyone has tips on uploads for youtube i welcome it

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I say they will view it as an "EPIC FAIL" and be laughing at our stupidity.
sorry if it's been said already, but that is my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

What's an epic fail??

Stupidity...lol you got that right!!

Too many people of humanity suffer from ignorance and stupidity....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

My motto is do what you bloody well want and stay away from me screwballs.

That sums up todays society, just stay away from people. Amazing how people cannot live there life in peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Epic fail= a failure of epic proportions

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I haven't heard anything about his next documentary, I have a feeling it will be about Wikileaks since he is a big supporter of them. He usually makes the news while he's filming and I haven't heard anything from him so I don't think he is filming right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thats the whole problem with society

dont ya think??

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The movie was actually quite good, your welcome to your opinion though..
Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I cant believe i just the biggest argument with my mother on this topic. She is down staying for a couple of days, and i tried to show her this documentary. She is brainwashed by the MSM.

She goes on to justify the actions of the bank by saying well... '' these people didnt pay their mortage'' yeah ok fair enough. If they didnt pay their mortage for 1 year or less in some cases and they are bad with credit then yes, in normal cirumstances they would and should be evicted!

These people were struck with a recession, an econmic downturn, that was caused by and initated by the banks, the public banks, investment banks, the SEC lack of diligence and oversight or just plain curruption and becoming complacient and the FED waiting untill the last minute to step in. By then it was too late, millions of job losses, foreclosures and evictions! The mortage bubble burst!

The banks should have had the resources to see this coming, i mean come on, they are some of the highest paid execs and dare i say, gamblers in the world!

Yet as soon as they make a bad decision they crap themselves, call in their loans and allow little if any goodwill to honest, hard working citizens that have lost their jobs. Never mind that if in a couple months they will get back on their feet and bring their loan balance upto date....nooo why should we care. Lets sell their homes for 1/4 it's worth and then make the debtor pay the balance and bankrupt them... its the capiilist way..!!

What a crock of..sh...crap!!!

I cant believe how heated the argument got tonight with my mum, i cannot believe it at all, and to see how she has been pushed to believe that the baks were the right ones and the saints in this whole mess!

It was disgusting to see.

She thinks that watching ABC ( AUS ) is the total truth of the matter. I couldnt beleive it. Since my OP, i have watched this movie 3 times, and it still sadens me that we the citizens were the ones that suffered most and the rich still came out on top becuase as an inverster even in a downturn or bear market you can still make millions if not billions!!

It's disgusting to see the backbone of all or countries kicked to the curb whilst the rich get richer.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ill gove you a great example of betting or investing in losses( i have to say this nothing compared to money made in the crash of 08 )

Look up how many short stocks there were on the day before and morning of 911 for airline stocks.....

There were some out there that knew what was going to happen and bet or invested on the fact the Airline stocks would go down on Sept 11, 2001!! WTF is that...how could they have known?

Although this isnt a thread about 911, it is true....look it up.

The same goes for the greatest stock market crashes, whilst many were losing millions or even billions, the people that knew what was coming were shorting stocks or just waiting for prices to drop to bragain basement prices....

Thnk about it.... that is when the biggest profits were made..

Why buy shares for $25 p/s when i can wait and buy the same share for $5 p/s and then after 1-2 years be back to the original sell price of $25 or higher...
edit on 19-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join