It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspiration/Motivation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Does anybody else which you could find tins of it next to the beans at your local supermarket to buy?

Seriously, sometimes I just feel like everything is so pointless and meaningless, even though I guess I have a lot to be grateful for compared to many.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel.

only advice I can give is when you look for something you never will get it. I have been getting heavy into the philosphy and metaphysics forum and I have found much thought and interest in dreams meditation, also you should look at this thread it might just give you what you are looking for.

the art of Scry

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trapt

Does anybody else which you could find tins of it next to the beans at your local supermarket to buy?

Seriously, sometimes I just feel like everything is so pointless and meaningless, even though I guess I have a lot to be grateful for compared to many.

Everytime i start feeling like that ill put this on and it makes everything better...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I laugh and I smile like everyone, and do things that I enjoy. Eve really little and silly things can make me feel better for a little while, like watching The Goonies.

But every day there comes a moment when I sit back and I just feel this incredible sadness about everything and nothing inparticular, if that makes sense.

It's almost like I need to see a miracle or something with my own eyes to raise my spirits and give me belief again.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trapt

Don't get me wrong. I laugh and I smile like everyone, and do things that I enjoy. Eve really little and silly things can make me feel better for a little while, like watching The Goonies.

But every day there comes a moment when I sit back and I just feel this incredible sadness about everything and nothing inparticular, if that makes sense.

It's almost like I need to see a miracle or something with my own eyes to raise my spirits and give me belief again.

makes sense I feel the same way every now and then, the exact same emptiness I guess you could call it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

Yeah, quite often I find myself feeling down in the dumps. Actually, when I do, it's really bad...Kind of the thing where I don't smile let alone laugh at anything. I'm serious and just sometimes not fun to be around at all. However, the times I am not feeling that way, I am completely normal. Happy, friendly, just all out good spirited.

Sometimes it's my past that makes me feel so down. Other times, it's just that I feel like at the moment I am worthless. Those feelings move on and I feel better again.

Oddly enough, a while ago (over two years ago) I went through this thing where I started meditating a lot and tried to practice telekinesis (as weird as that sounds, I know...) and I stopped getting those feelings. But now that I stopped trying TK and I've strayed from meditation too I've been getting the feelings a bit more.

It's hard to summarize in a post my "journey" through extinguishing the feeling of pointlessness. If you want to know anything else (not that I'm any sort of expert) just send me a message. I am more than willing to try and help anyone out.

new topics

top topics

join