It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird's crash into ground floor window!!!! Image enclosed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

To add to that, in order maintain the integrity of the community, it would do everyone good if newer or younger posters were guided into recognizing what is thread worthy or what is a conspiracy thread issue, and what is not.I t makes no sense to attack or degrade a kid or newbie and only destroys what may become a great contributing member ....but our own credibility when we behave badly.

and no, I'm not a newbie.. I'm half senile apparently and had to make a new screen name. Shaddup..

I like that, kid or newbie! Makes me feel young again. I have been coming here for a couple of years now and registered last year once i felt that i could contribute to threads of interest. It scares the hell out of me to make my own thread for fear of people making fun or just being plain nasty.

But Ive now leaned to not take it to heart when people criticise.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

Id read abotu that recently.. caught on camera right? Wasnt it a polish vessel and theyre being prosecuted?? I hadnt heard much else.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981

Originally posted by Advantage

To add to that, in order maintain the integrity of the community, it would do everyone good if newer or younger posters were guided into recognizing what is thread worthy or what is a conspiracy thread issue, and what is not.I t makes no sense to attack or degrade a kid or newbie and only destroys what may become a great contributing member ....but our own credibility when we behave badly.

and no, I'm not a newbie.. I'm half senile apparently and had to make a new screen name. Shaddup..

I like that, kid or newbie! Makes me feel young again. I have been coming here for a couple of years now and registered last year once i felt that i could contribute to threads of interest. It scares the hell out of me to make my own thread for fear of people making fun or just being plain nasty.

But Ive now leaned to not take it to heart when people criticise.

HAH! Foot in mouth disease again..... Ive had that a few times recently!

Well as you know then, youll always run the risk of folks being haughty asses, but there are always a bunch that arent. In any case, hope to see more of your posts and hang in there. Thick skin and sense of humor required!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

That was the initial explanation. I stated that I made this list when it first occurred. I encourage anyone to let us know what the "official" explanation for these events are in your area. As we know, not all news items are identical and often two newspapers will have disparaging stories. It seems there is a lot of attacking, as opposed to contributing. Regardless of the explanation, the sheer number of incidents is enough to raise alarm.
edit on 17-1-2011 by MrInsideTrack because: word missing, may have been seen as offensive

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInsideTrack

That was the initial explanation. I stated that I made this list when it first occurred. I encourage anyone to let us know what the "official" explanation for these events are in your area. As we know, not all news items are identical and often two newspapers will have disparaging stories. It seems there is a lot of attacking, as opposed to contributing. Regardless of the explanation, the sheer number of incidents is enough to raise alarm.
edit on 17-1-2011 by MrInsideTrack because: word missing, may have been seen as offensive

Do a search, there have been numerous threads with an incredible amount of information ( layperson and professional alike) and photos. You can even pick your flavor of conspiracy from aliens to chemtrails to fireworks to haarp.

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

It seems there is a lot of attacking, as opposed to contributing. Regardless of the explanation, the sheer number of incidents is enough to raise alarm.

I don't think it was offensive, merely an observation by a newly registered member which is fair enough.

You will find some that attack here, and some are worse than others, but we are lucky enough to have more than enough staff to deal with it.

Unfortunately, as with anywhere in this world, the ones that make the most noise and behave the worst are usualy the ones that get the attention. Good conduct often gets hidden amongst the chaos.

I'd suggest sticking with it, turn a blind eye to the not so gracious, and enjoy the many great things about this site.

CX.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
ATS has hit a new low.

That is unfair, the guy( sorry girl ) has come here with something (s)he thinks is special and interesting and feels it might be connected with the bird deaths. The first thing you do is put the guy (gal) down. I know its common for birds to hit windows especially patio doors . I live in a semi rural area and have seen it many times in my life. However would you like it if he (she) made you look silly by mentioning your mullet? Lets be kind and civil to members who come to us with threads even if we think they are misinformed or plain silly.
edit on 17-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
ATS has hit a new low.

That is unfair, the guy has come here with something he thinks is special and interesting and feels it might be connected with the bird deaths. The first thing you do is put the guy down. I know its common for birds to hit windows especially patio doors . I live in a semi rural area and have seen it many times in my life. However would you like it if he made you look silly by mentioning your mullet? Lets be kind and civil to members who come to us with threads even if we think they are misinformed or plain silly..

Thank you for your support, and i would like to add that i am a woman

I do feel a little silly for making this thread now. I though i was doing my friend a favour by trying to put her mind at rest and get some logical answers to what happened. My friend was very shaken up by it all as she has seen the numerous reports of mass bird deaths and like i said neither my friend or myself have ever seen two birds hit a window like this.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Well the first step in any criminal investigation is proving that there is something worth investigating, no?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Sorry I thought you were a guy. Thanks for your thread ,its good people are questioning why things happen its how we learn. Please don't be put off writing threads. We don't all bite and there are many very good members who can help you if you need it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Imagine what a shock an owl hitting a window would have given your friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I agree. It's great people are questioning things. Though this site seems most popular for UFO related items, as its site demographics suggest, I am actually here to discuss politics, a topic I am an expert in. Though I am not an expert on bird flight patterns, I am intelligent enough to ask questions about something I can see with my very own eyes and draw connections. You have to put it out here so people can let you know if your suspicions are founded. This site was designed for the discussion of theories that are not being discussed in the mainstream media, no?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by boo1981

Oh please forgive me. Since this is a forum on conspiracies, I thought thats why you were posting it. I'm new here, so I didn't realize it was like Facebook or other social networking sites where people post things about their personal lives

I suggest you go and get some manners and learn to respect other posters

troll

e2a: just read the rest of the thread, above was a knee jerk reaction to a rather rude comment which has now been sorted
edit on 17-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I see it all the time. Over the summer about once or twice a week, and in late fall when the crab apples begin falling off the back yard trees, they eat those, get tipsy and fly into those windows all day long.

The magpies are big and give you quite a start when they hit, but they are usually okay. The little song birds die alot when they hit. It's sad.
edit on 17-1-2011 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Hey, so I am new here. Did you post that and then read the rest and apologize? If so, thank you! If not, I did not mean to insult the girl. I was responding to someone else who thought it was ridiculous that I made a connection to a conspiracy when I thought that was the purpose of this site. Also, since my discussion of politics and conspiracies has been relegated to college classrooms and work, on the ground, through peaceful activism, I am a little new to the online world. What exactly is a troll? I have a general idea, but I keep seeing this word being thrown around.
edit on 17-1-2011 by MrInsideTrack because: grammar error

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I live out in the country... it happens all the time. I call them kamikaze birds.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have two large bay windows in my home and this stuff happens all of the time.

This is a NON-issue.

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hi boo....here are a couple of videos of birds repeatedly flying into windows...why?... i don't know, but i wonder whether your friend might have experienced this instead of two different birds?

Here is some info on the subject, hope it explains a few things...

Why are young birds flying into windows?

Like most around Crowland and the Lincolnshire countryside we look forward to spring and early summer to see new arrivals at garden bird tables and around our hedgerows.

We had often found a number of young fledgling birds dead outside. It appears they had flown into windows at the back of the house which overlooks a large tree-lined garden. The bird varieties included Thrushes, Blackbirds and a Great Tit. All had collided with windows resulting in their death. Some had just been stunned and managed to recover after a short while.

The windows throw reflections from the surroundings and the birds frequently believe they are flying into open space when in fact they are flying into a reflection and into the window. Large picture frame windows are the worst.

Source: www.crowland-links.com...

CX.

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981

There were no images of the dead birds, just an image of were the birds hit the window.

Apologies, i re-read your initial thread and you say that there are no images of the dead birds. Are you saying that there are dead birds, or that there are no images because there aren't any?

I know it looks like that window took a mighty splat, but after watching those videos above, a bird with moisture on it's feathers could easily make a mark like that without dying.

That said, it's not unusual for birds to die doing this either.

CX.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This works....print off, cut out the silouette and tape in your window, black side out. The birds will naturally avoid the window.

Hawk Silouette Cut Out

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join