It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird's crash into ground floor window!!!! Image enclosed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

There is no need for that sort of response. First of all, I am new here, so I was unaware that people posted personal information, I naturally assumed this was in relation to a conspiracy theory. As you most likely know, there have been mass deaths of fish and birds over the past weeks.

Here are the documented cases I found of bird and fish deaths over the past week or two. The dates are when they were discovered or reported, so they may not be entirely accurate. The explanations are ones I found in articles, although there may be other “official” explanations I missed, as listed below.

12/30- Brazil 100 tons of dead fish, sardines, croakers and catfish washed ashore.
Explanation: cold water

12/31- Arkansas, Thousands of blackbirds fell dead from the sky.
Explanation: Fireworks

01/01- Kentucky, hundreds of dead birds found in yards
Explanation: Fireworks?

01/03- Arkansas (again) 100,000 dead drum fish along the river

01/04- Louisiana 500 blackbirds dead on the highway
Explanation: Powerlines

01/04- Canada, hundreds of fish washed ashore

01/04- Florida Thousands of dead fish washed ashore

01/05- Maryland 2 million dead fish washed ashore
Explanation: cold water stress

01/05- Texas 155 dead birds on the highway
Explanation: Power lines

01/05- Tennessee 150 dead birds found on the side of the road
Explanation: Need to research

01/05- Sweden 100 crows found dead on the street'
Explanation: Fireworks or cold water

01/05- England, 40,000 crabs dead on shore
Explanation- cold weather

01/02 - Chile Hundreds of dead birds found on the coast
Explanation: Unknown or solar eruption

01/05- New Zealand hundreds of dead snapper fish washed ashore with their eyes missing
Explanation: starving due to weather conditions

12/30- Brazil, 100 tons of sardines, croaker and catfish washed up on the shore
Explanation: imbalance in the environment, chemical pollution, or accidental release from a fishing boat

01/05- Italy Thousands of turtle doves show up dead in trees, flower beds, streets, discovered with a mysterious blue stain in their beaks (unprecedented)
Explanation: Poisoning or hypoxia (suffocation)

01/03 Japan 23 dead birds found dead
Explanation: Avian influenza (possible unrelated, in my opinion)

12/25- Vietnam 150 tons of tilapias found dead
Explanation: caused by frequent ebb tides and the high densities of fish kept caged in pens

If you feel this site has gone down, I apologize. However, I assure others that I will be a good contribution to this forum. I am reasonable and I always try to back up my info with detailed research. Sometimes, I will discuss theories which may not be provable, but will most likely ask them as a question. In the real world, I have a degree in International Politics and Media, worked as a teacher for a decade and am currently pursuing my PHD. This makes me look good on paper, too.

Either way, I feel your response was unwarranted. It was natural for me to conclude that the poster was drawing a connection.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

No, I apologize for that. Someone told me "Are you serious?" (as if it were insane for me to draw a connection between your post and a conspiracy theory). Naturally, I would draw that conclusion considering the nature of this forum. I have addressed that person instead in another post. I apologize if you felt I was personally calling you out for the post. I wasn't.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALadInsane
A quick google image search of 'birds window' or 'birds window imprint' will show just how common this is.

In no way do I feel this is is linked to the bird deaths.

There was no bodies because they quite possibly dusted themselves down, and sheepishly flew away with their beaks between their legs in shame

Now why didn't i think of Google!

I don't feel it is linked to the bird deaths ether. There was one dead bird and the other one flew away.

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I wish people would stop saying "ATS has gone downhill".

ATS hasn't gone down hill at all. One poster has merely asked a question that they wanted advice about. Maybe they didn't know that this was a common occurance?

There are lots of questions i ask that would seem naive and basic to some, thats because you know the answer and i don't.

It doesn't mean the whole site is stupid.

All it takes is a few people to read, "ATS has gone downhill", and they go and repeat that elsewhere because some people actualy believe it.

Sorry if this sounds like a petty rant, but at a time when conspiracy sites such as ATS are under close scrutiny from the outside, it does nothing to help the image.

If anything, it makes people sound like they want to discredit ATS in just a few words.

Now some people have a name for that.

Back on topic, this happens a lot here too. I especially get young birds doing it a lot, in fact i recently moved my feeders away from my window as some birds were exitedly flying for the food and smacking into the windows.

CX.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I am not sure the posting of a smeared window pic contributes anything to anything.
But yes it is not unusual.
A friend of mine has encountered birds trying to get into his GROUND FLOOR window on several occasions.
Sometimes it's not that they don't realise there is glass there - they see a reflection of themselves and try to get at it.
Nothing to see here, move along....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInsideTrack

Thank you for your apology and i accept it

A part of me wants to tie this in with the mass bird deaths, but i don't think this has anything to do with it. Like a couple of other posters have said, it could have been due to reflection of sun light or disorientation.

Thank you also for all the information you have inputted in regards to the mass bird deaths.

Thank you

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Also depends on how clean the windows are.

In Leeds there is a shop window in a shopping centre there that has the imprint of my forehead and nose on it. I went in for a closer look through the window, but it was so clean i smacked my head hard against it, how the alarms didn't go off or the window smash i don't know.

So it's not just birds that do it.

CX.
edit on 17/1/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

The internet is a large place and there are literally thousands of other places the OPer could have found an answer to their query.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes we have a feeder out back and they have flown into our window. I really like that picture. Actually laughed when I seen it. They left perfect spots where they hit. Good enough splat marks it looks like Doves to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thank you for your kind words. That is simply all i am doing here. Trying to get a question answered. Like i have said before i have only seen this happen when i have been in a car.

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
reply to post by CX

The internet is a large place and there are literally thousands of other places the OPer could have found an answer to their query.

True....and ATS is one of those places.

Let's face it, with over 200,000 members here, theres as much chance of getting the answer as anywhere else on the net.

CX.
edit on 17/1/11 by CX because: spelingz

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yep op, happens all the time.
Im in the midwest of the US now and it seems to happen here more than anywhere Ive lived. At this house it happens a few times a year on my bedroom windows. Outside is a large tree and the windows face East.. Im guessing the reflection of the windows from the sun confuses them. We have dead ones sometimes and ones that apparently do what the other poster said and fly away quickly in shame.

The first time this happened we were asleep and our dogs ( all 4) were int he bedroom.. SMACK.. dogs barking, husband cursing, I jumped out of bed like Id been shot, baby awoken and crying.. mass pandemonium.

Dumb birds.. its a 2.5 story huge red brick historic home.. cant miss it. Literally apparently.
Now if that little window attracts like 50 birds and they all smack into it repeatedly and fall to the ground... you have the makings of a conspiracy. Or a horror movie.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Yes, but if it two birds crashed into my window today, considering what has been going on, I would be alarmed, as well. It's only natural.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by CX

Yes i admit there are other places i could have asked this question, but as i was already on ATS when my friend sent me the photo i thought id ask here. Saves me looking else were!

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInsideTrack

Yes, but if it two birds crashed into my window today, considering what has been going on, I would be alarmed, as well. It's only natural.

I must admit, i've never seen it happen to two birds. Just one.

You kind of think that after their mate smacks it's beak off the glass, the other one would do a quick u-turn?

CX.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

This is why my friend had sent me the photo, she was abit worried by it as like me she has never seen anything like this happen before.

I can now add that she is much more calmer now its known to be a common thing to happen

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

reply to post by CX

True....and ATS is one of those places.

Let's face it, with over 200,000 members here, theres as much chance of getting thr answer as anywhere else on the net.

CX.

To add to that, in order maintain the integrity of the community, it would do everyone good if newer or younger posters were guided into recognizing what is thread worthy or what is a conspiracy thread issue, and what is not.I t makes no sense to attack or degrade a kid or newbie and only destroys what may become a great contributing member ....but our own credibility when we behave badly.

and no, Im not a newbie.. Im half senile apparently and had to make a new screen name. Shaddup..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

I must admit, I've never seen it happen to two birds. Just one.

You kind of think that after their mate smacks it's beak off the glass, the other one would do a quick u-turn?

CX.

I know, this is why I wasn't sure if it was normal. One bird hit the window and died, then another straight after

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Once you get to know this place, ATS is a wealth of information from many members with many fields of expertise at their disposal.

I'm not talking about the members that are good at Googling and get their info that way, and i don't mean with conspiracy matters. I mean there are professionals in such a wide range of careers here.

I garuntee there will be someone who knows about bird behaviour.

So it's always worth trying it here.

CX.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Crutchley29

01/05- New Zealand hundreds of dead snapper fish washed ashore with their eyes missing
Explanation: starving due to weather conditions

If you feel this site has gone down, I apologize. However, I assure others that I will be a good contribution to this forum. I am reasonable and I always try to back up my info with detailed research. Sometimes, I will discuss theories which may not be provable, but will most likely ask them as a question. In the real world, I have a degree in International Politics and Media, worked as a teacher for a decade and am currently pursuing my PHD. This makes me look good on paper, too.

Either way, I feel your response was unwarranted. It was natural for me to conclude that the poster was drawing a connection.

Sorry, but your detailed research is obviously flawed.
Those fish were dumped by a fishing trawler, which began taking on water off the coast of new zealand. It has been on the news here, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join