It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird's crash into ground floor window!!!! Image enclosed!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Today my friend told me about a friend of hers that had posted up a photo of a window where a bird had flown into it followed by another!!

There were no images of the dead birds, just an image of were the birds hit the window.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfb7b71dfa8a.jpg[/atsimg]

Has this happened anywhere else, and is this normal? I personally have never seen anything like this. Only from were bird's have hit vehicles.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Windows are transparent.

Extremely common.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It's super common. They see a reflected sky and crash frequently.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
ATS has hit a new low.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Windex commercial???
Thats the only place I've seen it happen,

Than again, I have seen birds chase there own reflection in my side view mirror of my car.... Its always a red cardinal though

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Where did this occur and were there other incidents, as well? As you may have heard, there have been dead birds cropping up al over the place.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInsideTrack

...I hope you are not being serious.

ATS really has gone downhill.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This happens all the time. In summer at least once a week at our place, but we do have many large windows.
The glass reflects the sky and landscape and the birds can't tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Right first off I'm NOT saying this is anything to do with the hole mass bird death's!! I'm just curious as to weather anybody else has ever had this happen. I PERSONALLY have never seen this, only when i have been in a car. A pigeon hit the car and survived.

I can understand a bird flying into a widow on a higher level, not on the ground level. And is it also normal for the bird to kill its self from hitting a window like this?

I have placed this picture here as my friend wanted to know if it was normal, that is all!! No need for people to say "has this site hit an all time love" and "can you be serious"

This happened on Friday 15th Jan 2011 in Plymouth UK.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
This happens all the time. In summer at least once a week at our place, but we do have many large windows.
The glass reflects the sky and landscape and the birds can't tell the difference.

Thank you for your reply Pazcat. I just thought it strange as the window is quite small. But like you say, light reflects off of the window and so on.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInsideTrack
reply to post by boo1981

Where did this occur and were there other incidents, as well? As you may have heard, there have been dead birds cropping up al over the place.

I did'nt have that in mind when i see this image. I just thought it was amazing how a bird could fly into a small window like that.

I thought the photo was quite interesting and wanted to share it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
Windows are transparent.

Extremely common.

Yes it is, I've seen a few do that over the years.

Nothing really abnormal about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Crutchley29
Windows are transparent.

Extremely common.

Yes it is, I've seen a few do that over the years.

Nothing really abnormal about it.

Thank you. Well thats all i wanted to know. When you see something for the first time you are always going to question it. That is simple what i am doing here, Ive never seen it before so i am asking people here if they have.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Very common. There's some information at this link...

audubonportland.org...

Just because it's common though, doesn't mean it's always that they "don't see the windows." Something from the article to note...

Less common causes of window strikes are disorientation due to disease and intoxication from eating fermented berries.

I would add "or pesticides or other human-introduced poisons."

A few years ago, some lawn service or another (as near as we can speculate because 4 of the 6 we found were flopping around on newly sprayed lawns...the other two were dead on same) poisoned all the owls in our neighborhood. The owls became disoriented and a few flew into windows or the sides of homes. The CDC never got back to us with the cause of death for the 3 we couldn't save. And there are no more owls in our neighborhoods.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I must say... I have had that happen on 3 occations i estimate. But in simular conditions with the sun in the rear throwing glare on the glass. So i put it down to them seeing the reflection of the sun and being confused. Maybe that was the case there.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thank you Lucidity for the link and information you have provided.

Its good to know that some people can be civil and grown up in replying to a question.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
I must say... I have had that happen on 3 occations i estimate. But in simular conditions with the sun in the rear throwing glare on the glass. So i put it down to them seeing the reflection of the sun and being confused. Maybe that was the case there.

Yes you may be right as it dose look quite sunny in the background of the photo

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Oh please forgive me. Since this is a forum on conspiracies, I thought thats why you were posting it. I'm new here, so I didn't realize it was like Facebook or other social networking sites where people post things about their personal lives

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInsideTrack
reply to post by boo1981

Oh please forgive me. Since this is a forum on conspiracies, I thought thats why you were posting it. I'm new here, so I didn't realize it was like Facebook or other social networking sites where people post things about their personal lives

How is this posting anything about my personal life???? Im simply asking a question thats all. If you dont like my thread then dont view it!!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A quick google image search of 'birds window' or 'birds window imprint' will show just how common this is.

In no way do I feel this is is linked to the bird deaths.

There was no bodies because they quite possibly dusted themselves down, and sheepishly flew away with their beaks between their legs in shame

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join