It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense, China, and Paying The Piper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Let's start off with mind numbing idiocracy : www.usdebtclock.org...

One would think that when you saw the debt even back in 2009 common sense would kick in. Maybe we shouldn't keep spending, but alas $787 Billion dollars was appropriated for the historical Stimulus Package, TARP, deal with the devil whatever you choose to call it.

We all heard how many jobs this created, how many people were saved from disaster. What wasn't/isn't reported is the little side projects that the government used our great, great, great, great grandchildren's money to pay for. They are still handing out money and are expected to have every red cent doled out before 2012.

The reason we "the people" could have saved a lot of that money is because we think logically. We live with budgets. Our ingenuity is beyond compare. Below is a list of things the government used our money to pay for..

1.Low-income housing residents in one Minnesota city receiving free laptops, WiFi and iPod Touches to "educate" them in technology ($5 million)

Really? Do we need ipod touches for education? Get them a library card. Our final cost? FREE!

2. University in California sending students to Africa to study why Africans vote they the way they do in their elections ($200,000)

Give me a break! The Africans vote the way they do because that is how they want to do it. Common sense cost? FREE!

3. Studying how male and female birds care for their offspring and how it compares to how humans care for their children in Oklahoma ($90,000)

Umm we all feed our babies, and care for them. The regular 5 year old says it's called an encyclopedia and you can use it for FREE at the public library.

4. University in Oklahoma sending 3 researchers to Alaska to study grandparents and how they pass on knowledge to younger generations ($1.5 million)

I have 7 simple words that explain it "I remember when I was your age" Now it's just silly.

5. F lorida beauty school tuition ($2.3 million)
WTH is this? The Harvard of hair?

The list is endless and the more I read the more po'd I get. More funds will be doled out this year to pay for more ignorant wasteful spending.

None of us (I assume. yeah I know) would have paid any amount of money for these things.

Here is a whole list of these "shovel ready" projects: hannity.blogs.foxnews.com...

Now the BIG question is... When China calls in our debt and we can't pay, will they consider the United States too big to fail?
edit on 17-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Good thread!

As if spending trillions wasn't enough, you'd think when the people found out the reasons...

You see, this entire post is why I believe we are headed towards catastrophe.
If we actually used our taxmoney for the purpose it was supposed to be used for:
Infrastructure, military, seniors and little else...
I think we wouldn't have so many earmarks and wasteful spending.

My problem is, it's 'our' taxmoney to begin with.
We should have a bigger decision on where it goes.

But because we are 'dumb cattle', they put the money where they want it.
Because you have the Secretary of State saying we need to help out the global economy, etc...
The SoS even said that when we shut ourselves in, i.e., self-reliance, it didn't work.
What a load of crap.

Why can't both parties realize this?
Someone explain to me how we let this go on?
Oh wait...

I already know the answer.
We are going to spend away the USA.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

You got it. We are way too stupid to be allowed input on the money we earn. Since blue colar folks wouldn't spend millions to study hook up habits of college women we must sit quietly in the corner donning the dunce cap.

They p@ss down the backs of americans and tell them it's raining.

We are indeed well on our way to catastrophe. I agree.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Many times over the last several thousand years China was in a position to easily take control of the entire planet but didn't.

Not worth it, too primitive.

What they are doing now is conquering through debt acquisition. Look at the news, not only do they own massive chunks of the US debt, but they are also floating loans all across Europe and the rest of the world too. Although it is possible that if countries refuse to pay the Chinese military may start to roll, but why bother?

They now make most of the products we buy.

All they have to do is cut off all exports to a default nation and threaten the same to anyone who tries to help said nation by smuggling goods to them.

We are going to increasingly see China making 'suggestions' that no beholden country can refuse. They don't even have to make a threat, there is already an implied 'or else'

This is why we see no easing of manufacturing being transferred to China, and we aren't going to either. In a very real sense, these transfers are part of the intrest on the loans China has made.

Check thier history.

China has always considered themselves as the middle kingdom: below heaven, but above the rest of the world.

I'd wager that although they may not have known how they were eventually going to take over the world, they have planned for this for centuries.

In this scenario, the Chinese military modernizing itself is merely a warning to any nation foolish enough to think that China can be pushed around.
edit on 17-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Actually the simple solution is this.

The United States actually has no real currency, all of our money is borrowed from the Federal Reserve Bank. The Federal Reserve Bank is a private institution and doesn't actually have anything to do with our government besides issuing money and regulating monetary policy.

If the treasury department printed United States Dollars, instead of Federal Reserve Notes. We could dump the Federal Reserve, and legally stick them with all of our debt. The Federal Reserve would owe China, not the United States Government.

new topics

top topics

join