It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are becoming social pariahs in Britain, claims BBC presenter Jeremy Vine

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

So the Christians are learning a Zionist trick.

"We are the victim... everyone hates us.. boo hoo"

"religion is like a penis
it's fine to have one
it's fine to be proud of it
but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around
and don't try to shove it in children's throats"
edit on 18-1-2011 by Loki Lyesmyth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Vicky, you need to get a grip of yourself and stop throwing your toys in the dirt , Adolf Hitler was never excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church.

The German population were mostly Christian

Yes AH was known to allow investigation of the more outlandish aspects of life so what ?

Go here no photo-shop back then and the camera didn't lie in the 40s see the evidence for yourself

[url=http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/album.htm]

What is it Vicky over 34000 different flavored xtians all claiming to be the "True" christians? Now how many lying liars does that make ?

To be on the safe side perhaps it's best to fear the lot of you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
What is your opinion on Ralph Ellis' works if you have studied any? as I detect a hint of parallel thought

i'm thinking ralph was onto something important. the problem with this subject matter is so much is lost in translation bias. for example, there's a passage in the old testament in which jehovah is quoted as saying he was going to destroy the images of the egyptians. but when you look at the word "images" in the original hebrew in the passage, it's actually "mastabahs". i do believe, at the time of the writing, a mastabah was yet another word to describe a "pyramid."

in other words, if this is true, somewhere out there, buried under the sands of egypt (some of which may already be discovered, such as the osirieon at abydos) are the remains of a series of pyramids that were destroyed in some kind of biblical apocalypse. zecharia sitchin refers to such things as the "pyramid wars." i think he's right on that. i really do. in fact, i think there was at least one on the sinai peninsula and it was the "holy mount: which moses (named after pharaoh ahmose) ascended to obtain the ten commandments.

furthermore, if you look at the traditional garb of the hebrews, it seems to be a more down to earth version of the golden clothing of the pharaohs. for example, a hebrew wearing tallit, etc

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c099050194588514.jpg[/atsimg]

this makes me believe that there's a whole heckuvalot we haven't been told.

and further still, ralph connects the hyskos shepherd kings to the israelites in egypt, which are also known as the habiru. the habiru were the hibiru who were the original stone masons and temple builders of the gods, particularly Enlil of Nibru/Nibiru and Enki of Sumerian fame.

edit on 18-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

"religion is like a penis it's fine to have one it's fine to be proud of it but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around and don't try to shove it in children's throats"

dear god dude that made be scream

I am now going to write a second line to keep any xtian fundies lurking in the guise of a moderator off my back, and not to have the same fundie (if any) rag me for going off topic instead, then I would also argue that this is the sort of behavior being discussed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PJB729
In my home town, in the UK, there is a local park, the land was given to the town by a benefactor in the early 1800’s, when the park was first opened people came from all over the UK to visit it, the park’s formal gardens were a “Joy to Behold”. In the park there was a statue of a Florentine Boar, moving forward to the present day the local muslin community have demanded that the boar is removed as they find it offensive. The last I heard was that the local authority was considering their request.

Surely this crazy I don’t mind making allowances of peoples faiths and beliefs but it has to be a two way street, the removal of the boar may satisfy the local Muslim community but what about me and the rest of the people who enjoy then statue of the boar.

The boar has been there for a long time it was never meant as symbol of Muslim oppression; it is simply a piece of art.

I am all for tollerance but both side need to play the game
edit on 18-1-2011 by PJB729 because: spelling

And I am all for denying ignorance.
This is the same Boar partially destroyed by an air raid on Derby in 1942. And it's the same Boar that was replaced and unveiled to the public in 2005!!

It has stood there since 2005, undamaged and unmolested.

There are extreme views and opinions in EVERY section of society. One lone maniac shouting something does not represent the majority. Just because "a threat" was made about the safety of the Boar prior to its return, does not mean an entire religious section of a society is intolerant.

I'm afraid to say that this is just more of the "Daily Mail Britain" we live in today. One Muslim says something and the press report to the ignorant masses that it must mean they ALL think like that.
And those who don't read the BS directly hear the stories and never bother to investigate it themselves.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

here's a passage in the old testament in which jehovah is quoted as saying he was going to destroy the images of the egyptians. but when you look at the word "images" in the original hebrew in the passage, it's actually "mastabahs". i do believe, at the time of the writing, a mastabah was yet another word to describe a "pyramid."

If jehova is Lord and also Pharaoh is lord then need we not look any further than the destruction of imagery? such as a pharonic statue etc for example the destruction of the relics of Akhenaten .

We went here before Undo and have to be careful of going off topic again and getting but kicked, although we disagree on many issues I think it's best to add you as a friend as we may agree on many.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

nah, just don't like being stereotyped, methiniks. who does, really?
you know, i should take this opportunity to tell you that LOKI actually existed, from what i can tell. he was the sumerian ENKI. in fact, if you read the description of ragnarok, it's nearly identical to the book of revelation, just with different symbols and words, to depict similar data.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Did that whole section about Moses and the Jews having to do all that ethnic cleansing to take over Israel fall out of your copy of the bible?

Sunday schooling?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

here's what i'm talking about:

the cenotaph (false tomb) of Osiris The nearly subterranean temple of Osiris next to the great Temple of Seti I at Abydos was completely covered in sand in the early part of the century. When it was uncovered, it was so stylistically different from the other ruins on the site that it was quite controversial. It looks strikingly like the simple valley temple of Chephren at Giza -- simple, square columns, totally devoid of decoration.

you gotta see this: the osirieon
www.phouka.com...

anyway, i believe narmer built that, and narmer was the biblical nimrod and akkadian enmerkar.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

The main reason why Christians feel like they are being pushed out is that there is little to no religious broadcasting on British TV,

Your kidding right ?

And why should there be when there is no "nonreligious" broadcasting ?

I know you may struggle with the concept, but that would be any programs where reflection, celeberation or study (although that's a moot point) of religion is not the main point of topic - you mean I guess because I can imagine your mindset, why no programs for Atheists? You do really, don't you? Pray tell what would be the point, what would you discuss?
edit on 18-1-2011 by something wicked because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ah I see a mod in his/her wisdom has chosen to move this thread from Conspiracy In Religions to Social Issues which begs the question as to why ?

Do I carry on here at the risk of being banned by a christian moderator ?

Here goes let's continue to deny ignorance and look at how conspiracy is defined =

Meaning: [no obj] 1 : to secretly plan with someone to do something that is harmful or illegal —often followed by to + verb ▪ They were accused of conspiring to overthrow the government. ▪ She conspired with him to smuggle the paintings out of the country. —often + against ▪ He thought that they were conspiring against him. 2 : to happen in a way that produces bad or unpleasant results —often followed by to + verb ▪

The religion in question = Christianity

The parties being accused of being involved in the conspiracy = Vine, BBC, Anglican Church, Elements of UK Government, Catholic Church, ATS members that deny the allegation. And now the moderators that now after 30 hours and 169 posts have suddenly decided the thread topic does not contain a conspiracy but is a social issue.

THE PLOT
The alleged conspirators
are using their positions of trust , influence, office and public money to deceive and influence the unwary,gullible,ignorant,immature,and poor.

THE INTENT
To force their Cult upon others and enslave the young minds of other peoples children to comply with how they think other people should think or act and drag us all back to the bronze age, stifling freedom of thouyght and critical inquiry.

THE EVIDENCE ?
Currently being discussed and presented within this thread

Should this post be removed then we can see the hand of the conspirator hard at work, should I get banned then my case has been rested for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

we need a different thread where i can address some of the things i think are incorrect in mr. ellis' theory on the subject. in this way i can begin to clarify my thoughts on it, so i can get on with the process of learning what it all means.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I know you may struggle with the concept, but that would be any programs where reflection, celeberation or study (although that's a moot point) of religion is not the main point of topic - you mean I guess because I can imagine your mindset, why no programs for Atheists? You do really, don't you? Pray tell what would be the point, what would you discuss?

Were you addressing me ?

If so, firstly do you know how the BBC is funded ?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

we need a different thread where i can address some of the things i think are incorrect in mr. ellis' theory on the subject. in this way i can begin to clarify my thoughts on it, so i can get on with the process of learning what it all means.

I agree Undo I have to cool for my starving kids right now and don't want to derail the thread so will u2u you when my swede is a tad less cluttered.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

count yourself lucky. some of my conspiracy threads have been stuffed into skunk works, such as my thread arguing the premise of the "All roads lead to Rome" thread, by Protoplasmic Traveller, who grew so irritated with my posts in his thread, actually called for the other ats members to put me on ignore.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Actually you are far extremefying it.

Religion, but its own nature, seeks to spread and be said a loud in the public and in the classroom. Now if you think that's being shoved down your children's throats, then you've basically failed as a parent, because what you are really saying is "I don't want to have to teach my kids what is right and wrong".

Suck it up dude. Not everyone is the same. And many are proud to say who they are, and invite in happy hands those around them to their ways. If you can't handle it, then maybe you ought to rethink what you are confident in or not.

Fear of another's religion is nothing more and nothing less than lack of faith in your own.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's probably because God said you are gods. And you can rule your own life. because you are sons of god. IE, The nearest thing to god on Earth for the Jews was Pharaoh.

As to the similarity. You do realize it's been over 3000 years. Clothing traditions change a lot. I highly doubt they would keep the same. What you look at today is not what you saw yesterday.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Please don't take this the wrong way christians , but why should you be treated any differently than any other brainwashing cult ?
I find Christians are generally bigotted , self righteous and spiritually unable to walk without a crutch .

Your religion is based on a ficticious character from an ill documented history .

These are my beliefs . would you ridicule them ?

No, I would not ridicule your opinions/beliefs. You do however seem quite comfortable ridiculing those who don't share your opinions and do believe. That doesn't seem a little wrong to you? I may not be able to prove to you in a way that would satisfy you that what I believe is correct although I do feel I have valid reasons to believe. On the other hand, opinions aside, you can't prove I'm wrong. Obviously one of us is wrong, however the consequences of me being wrong pale in comparison to the consequences of you being wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by orangetom1999

Did that whole section about Moses and the Jews having to do all that ethnic cleansing to take over Israel fall out of your copy of the bible?

Sunday schooling?

I never liked Sunday School and avoided it when I could. I dont think they taught everything they needed to teach...even today.

As to the section about Moses and the Jews and all what you describe as Ethnic Cleansing ...to take over Israel.
The Jews were disobedient in this and were themselves punnished for not carrying out the instructions given to them. This caused them tremendous problems in later years.

You apparently don't know why they were instructed to do this because it is seldom taught in public school...while we are cultivating our "Feelings." It is also not often taught today in Sunday School in lieu of feel good churchism. It should be taught but so few Believers even know this today.

The Jews were instructed to do this because many of the nations in the land given to them by their God were already doing the Cleansing among their own peoples...human sacrafice. This can be found in the historys of many of these nations...even in secular history where you can find it. Mostly today it is ignored in lieu of the public schooling pattern of which you speak. Even many ministers do not teach this history in lieu of todays feel good education where everything is pretty and beautiful. This was not the case in many of these ancient nations.
You might want to look up the patterns of the nations worshiping Baal, Molec, and also Kemish and what they were doing to and amongs their peoples...including drug use or pharmakia.

In alot of Pagan nations ..you were worried about keeping your head on your shoulders in addition to scrapping out a living as pagan nation went against pagan nation..in conquerings.

Some of this can be found in surviving archeology such as the hexapala column of Sennacherib in the British Museum. Pagan nations conquering other pagan nations.

But the hebrews/jews were told to do this because the nations already there were doing abominations themselves and thus defiling the land. The Hebrews were told not to carry on in this way as did the previous inhabitants of the land.

I dont think they teach htis history either in secular form or in Biblical form in public schools in Britian ..do they??

Oh...what kind of human sacrafices were they making in the UK and on the continent in the olde days?? Do you know?? Do we have any records of this?? I mean secular records or records from archeology??

Thanks,
Orangetom
edit on 18-1-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Re Gorman91

Just as I started to get some sympathy for you because of your self-presentation earlier here, you then return to the bad semantics of extremism everywhere, juggling with language.

Quote:

["No belief is a belief system. It's a system with rules and ideas. Not as unified as most "religions", but then again, neither is Hinduism."]

Presented as you do it here, this is plain demagogic nonsense, using the far too common religionist methodology of confusing issues and bringing back 'arguments' arranged to fit your predetermined 'answer'.

'Belief systems' range from the religious 'faith-based' (starting from ASSUMED doctrinal 'truth'), (as opposed) to rationally based 'belief systems' (starting from AXIOMATIC pragmatic observations). There's a heck of a difference for any reasonably intelligent person, but you happily mix it all up in vague generalizations, and believe you have 'proven' some point.

So maybe you don't belong to the group of reasonably intelligent persons or maybe you consciously address your worthless proganda to those, who can't see through it. But then you've come to the wrong place. You WILL meet opposition here, who can recognize your 'through-the-backdoor' argumentation.

Personally I don't mind if people have private, and in my opinion bizarre, ideas. But it's rather insulting to hijack concepts from logic, science and other rational methods and then send these twisted absurdities back, as if they are the real thing.

If you have some valid points, present them clearly and with true colours instead of this word-mongering.

I will end with another quote from you:

["You can define it all you want."]

Maybe YOU should learn to 'define, before starting public debate.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join