It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are becoming social pariahs in Britain, claims BBC presenter Jeremy Vine

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

well i did say, several times now, that my theories are the wacky. i'm not expecting you to jump up and down for joy if you have a different view of things. but i do expect you to be fair about it, by examining the information i've provided and responding to it in a reasonable fashion, not by yelling at me in large WORDS. i mean, it isn't like i'm asking you to pay me money or buy my books (which are free) or even believe everything i say. (although this appears to be your intention where i'm concerned. i must must must believe that all my research is garbage, that 5500 years of ancient history is myth, that artifacts are nothing special and prove nothing, even though archaeology is a science which has proven many things actually are true from ancient texts, which you expect me to think are not true even though science proved it. you're a confusing fellow )

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Re Gorman91

Sofar you've presented nothing but a maze of circle-argumentation. You bend, twist or fabulate 'evidence' to 'prove' your system, and then your system justifies the bending, twisting or fabulating of 'evidence'. Round and around.

If you know what substantial evidence is, present it. Otherwise you should try to do some real learning, if your mindset allows it.

PS In general I wouldn't mind to return to OP topic, but I guess the thread has run its course.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

are you referring to the ossuaries that were later found to be unrelated?

No I'm not referring to ossuaries later found unrelated

The Jesus Family Tomb by Simcha Jacobovici, Charles R. Pellegrino,
Published March 1st 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Slan1

This is one of the main reasons so many real Christians in the USA have left the church in droves.

For the sake of the Atheist posters and members of the other 34000 or so groups who that you assert are not real xtians can you please define what a "real Christian" is and where you get the authority for your claims .

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Gorman91

52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

source online NIV bible

52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

source online KJV bible

why does thos event not feature in the none biblical accounts of the time period ?

Because, like many other Biblical events they simply didn't happen, just because they appear in a bible in no way means that thy did or should have.

I touched on this earlier in relation to Moses and the Exodus, fine jewish minds and a whoel heap of money have gone into digging for evidence and still, after all this time nothing.

Can we say that the Moses Man did not exist or the event did not happen,? well of course noand but we know how much the xtians love the "prove a negative argument".

However if we are going to get a little close to proving a negative then the exodus is certainly up there, because of conflicting evidence in relation Egypt itself having its' own Exodus.

Circular reasoning is the order of the day with xtians as they say you just can't educate pork so perhaps the best we can do is take solace in the fact that, for every minute their time is taken up in this type dialogue. That's a minute they are being kept away from infecting a child, the desperate or ignorant.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ahmose, what's it mean, do you know?
i'll wait.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
ahmose, what's it mean, do you know?
i'll wait.

What does a random pharaoh have to do with this discussion???

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

not talking to you.

will though, if you want. might not be all that interesting for you tho

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I must protest. Wormholes are not the most efficient method of travel. In fact, if they really were all that, they would use at a minimum, warp. At a highpoint, quantum jumping. Wormholes simply are not that great. They are liable for damages ranging from gravitational anomalies to temporal misalignment, all the way down to accidentally blasting someone into a gazillion pieces, smeared across a galactic arm.

My rule for God is simple. You're either at the top, or you're not my creator.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Once again, your words are just that. Words. No evidence, no proof. no quotes. So why are you right?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by undo

I must protest. Wormholes are not the most efficient method of travel.

i'm interested in the singularity, at this point in my research.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I hear that world go around a lot. Exactly what do you mean?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

time, space and gravity don't exist in a singularity. i'll quote wikipedia here:
"According to general relativity, the initial state of the universe, at the beginning of the Big Bang, was a singularity"

in that video about super massive holes i linked, the galaxies were created by the super massive black holes. each black hole has its own singularity, so every galaxy has a singularity in its super massive black hole, which time space and matter are being created and destroyed from.

so my theory is, at this point, god is in the singularity, controlling the singularity, employing the singularity. what that means is science has just found the first verse in the bible.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

A singularity is the opposite of an ergosphere. Lets go through some scientific fact with that. And sorry, but I may have to say your view is a bit wrong.

Well that's kind of outdated view, but only just just so. Some now speculate that the singularity from the universe's beginning will come again. All things in the universe decay. We see no reason why Dark energy and dark matter wouldn't either. What is causing the universe to expand? Dark energy. What will happen when the repulsive effect of dark energy decays? It will stop making the universe expand. Then the universe will pull and heave back together in freefall and at that velocity, and no space left to go, it will create the singularity. At which point the death of another universe will eventually cause ours to be re birthed. It's very early theoretical simulations, but basically when a universe dies, and there's no space for all that energy from the collapse to go, it causes an affect into a neighboring universe. Either that are there are no universes and it will be the true death of the universe. OR, the sudden collapse of all things of the universe will cause it to re-energize dark energy and we will begin once more.

In any case, the fact is that in a singularity, time space and gravity do exist. Everything exists. But it's just so immensely compressed that it goes EXTREEEEMLY SLOWLY. To an outside observer, a singularity has time paused. However, it's still going on in there. A second in a singularity is a gazillion bazillion years in our own relativity. However, eventually, and by that, I mean in God-only-knows how many Centillion years, it will decay. All a singularity is is a point in the space time continuum where everything is so compressed it is as if time is paused. However, there is no direct proof that time has a limit to it's ability to speed up around an ergosphere, or slow down around a singularity. We observe yet bigger and bigger galaxies that defy our reasoning to how much
"umpff" space time can take. It is safe to assume that, in fact, space time has no limit to its ability to take mass in variable compressed sizes, as when the universe first began, it WAS taking all the universe in a single point.

In fact, Time is still logically happening in a singularity. Just very slowly for an outside observer. If one were to fall into one and some how survive, it would suck. The whole of the universe would go by in a flash. To you, a second. To the outside, eons. But that singularity WILL decay eventually. And die.

There is no way to leave a singularity. There is now way to interact with a singularity, nor reach the outside world. You basically fall in, die, and get sprayed as cosmic dust across the eons it takes you to fall out of one.

All things die. And to put your faith that a singularity will cause you to become God or that that's where God is is quite a fallacy.

A singularity is just the opposite of an ergosphere. Ergospheres make time go faster, singularities make time goe slower. This being from an outside observer relativity. To a person in an ergosphere, the universe has paused. To a person in a singularity, the universe just ended.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Interesting enough, this is the basis of warp drive technology. Which will be available for Government military use in probably 50 years. That's your first Unmanned space exploration unit.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

A singularity is just the opposite of an ergosphere. Ergospheres make time go faster, singularities make time goe slower. This being from an outside observer relativity. To a person in an ergosphere, the universe has paused. To a person in a singularity, the universe just ended.

that's really interesting! so that's kind of a fancy way of saying alpha and omega.
beginning and end. new heavens and new earth. 1000 years 1 day. etc.
edit on 23-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Assuming you some how could live in one. It's not even that 1000 years would be a day. It's that you physically could not interact with the universe because once you fall in, the universe ends.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Assuming you some how could live in one. It's not even that 1000 years would be a day. It's that you physically could not interact with the universe because once you fall in, the universe ends.

is there a link available that explains what you are suggesting? also, didn't you just say earlier that it's not god if it's not on the top? so why would god be effected by time / space / gravity? just curious how your data on it differs so much from everything else i've read.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, God would not be affected by time space or gravity. But if he was in a singularity, he is clearly using it and being affected by it. Jesus and God both used the phrase "I am". IE, it's just not explainable where they are or what they come from.

As to what I say, you'll have to give me some time. Those little things are mainly the result of hypothetical debates and discussions I had with jkrog08 (RIP) before his unfortunate accident. We discussed for days on end how one would acquire the means to construct a space ship that could break the light speed barrier. The results of which We can discuss over PM, considering it's well off topic.

I cannot merely link you to one place to give all the answers. You basically have to set aside a weekend, go to some wikipedia article like one on Ergospheres, and just read on from there, clicking every link, looking up every source, and thinking everything you can.

But what I can tell you is this. God has no home in this universe but the hearts of mankind. And to reduce it to him being in a singularity is kind of weak.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

But what I can tell you is this. God has no home in this universe but the hearts of mankind. And to reduce it to him being in a singularity is kind of weak.

thanks, will do. i didn't say he WAS the singularity. i said he was in it, using it, to create and etc. doesn't mean that's the only place he is, obviously. at least, not if we take other examples from the texts into account. heaven is all around you at this moment, suggests other dimensionality. i'll go read the ergosphere data now. thanks again.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

eh, once you mix faith with physics, you get an unfortunate mixture. It means man can kill God. And if God is above all things, he would not need a singularity. He could just speak it into existing.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join