It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cool smoke ring/artifact picture I took - it's playing a guitar...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The guitar's invisible, but you get the idea...

It was a few years ago, when I first got my camera, and I was trying to figure out the settings. Regular automatic settings, flash on. Room lights on and no other source of light.

The smoke ring is the 'head'
The light artifact is the 'body' and the only thing I've come up with is the flash's reflection off the wall?
It's even got arms and what could look like a guitar strap, with the arms in a position like they're playing...

Not trying to interpret this or anything spiritual, just thought it was neat and it's a lot better than most of the 'orbs' and 'faces' that usually get posted here...
edit on 17-1-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Erm... Don't really know what I'm looking at?

Is that a picture of a wall? What kind of smoke ring was it? Not from a reefer by any chance?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Jimi Hendrix stick figure?

Or I could just be inebriated

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

looks like he's rolling one up to me

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I really don't understand why the mods haven't moved this to an " off topic " forum . This is neither Paranormal or topical in any way . No offence meant to the OP , but this site means a lot to many people who spend a great deal of time in serious research only to have their hard work shared in the same light as posts similar to this.

Come on guys at ATS , get a grip

edit on 17-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's a "humanoid figure" accidentally caught in a digital image...

Maybe you'd like to move the hundreds of similar threads too?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

Maybe you'd like to move the hundreds of similar threads too?

The poster above you does have a point to be fair. A lot of people in this forum really are searching for true paranormal phenomenon and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate coming your image which clearly isn't anything at all (As it's nothing but paradolia - seeing everyday objects where there are none).

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Would it make you feel better if I said I'd just started getting 'more serious' about playing my guitar around the time the image was taken? Do you want me to put some kind of slant to this to make it 'acceptable' for you?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

No it isn't lol .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Would it make you feel better if I said I'd just started getting 'more serious' about playing my guitar around the time the image was taken? Do you want me to put some kind of slant to this to make it 'acceptable' for you?

I know I shouldn't , but I'm intrigued to see where this is leading ....lol

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
yeah its really hard to tell what were looking at do you have another pic?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Definitely doesn't belong in paranormal studies but I see what you mean, I see the guitar strap.
Seeing as half the stuff I see on this board is, unfortunately, BS, this is pretty cool.
edit on 17/1/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Your above post is completely unnecessary and with all due respect, nothing short of ridiculous.

A lot of people in the Paranormal Studies forum, as well as on the rest of the forums on this website, are wholly dedicated to quality discussion and quality research, and as of late due to recent events have seen something of a drop in this.

This is why I agree the one of the above posters (which I mentioned in my previous post) and this is why I disagree with your thread in general. I'd personally like to see the quality and dedication produced by some members here continue. So excuse me, and others, for criticizing your thread, perhaps next time you should post something fitting into the category 'quality contribution' and posts criticizing you wouldn't occur? (That's a genuine piece of advice btw.)

EDIT: Btw, can you, in all honesty really say your thread belongs in the paranormal studies forum also?
edit on 17-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Alright warriors, I posted this here because I thought it was neat, not because I wanted some kind of stupid argument. And it's a lot better than posting some grainy/blurry shots of specs of dust or water and some story about just knowing it had to be supernatural...

Originally posted by Rising Against

Your above post is completely unnecessary and with all due respect, nothing short of ridiculous.

A lot of people in the Paranormal Studies forum, as well as on the rest of the forums on this website, are wholly dedicated to quality discussion and quality research, and as of late due to recent events have seen something of a drop in this.

This is why I agree the one of the above posters (which I mentioned in my previous post) and this is why I disagree with your thread in general. I'd personally like to see the quality and dedication produced by some members here continue. So excuse me, and others, for criticizing your thread, perhaps next time you should post something fitting into the category 'quality contribution' and posts criticizing you wouldn't occur? (That's a genuine piece of advice btw.)

EDIT: Btw, can you, in all honesty really say your thread belongs in the paranormal studies forum also?

Do you get some sense of accomplishment after posting this crap? Do you feel like you're upholding some moral code? Don't respond to this, we don't need to argue...

Back on topic - How is it possible that anyone can -not- see what I'm talking about here, or say that this isn't shaped like a person? That's what's ridiculous

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Apologies for giving my opinion on something i care about - the quality if this website - something i feel is diminishing as of late.

Back on topic - How is it possible that anyone can -not- see what I'm talking about here, or say that this isn't shaped like a person? That's what's ridiculous

I didn't once say that.
In fact I brought up previously why you can see a person in the first place, it's something called paradolia. Feel free to look it up - It's the reason why we see people or objects such as this in everyday objects.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
it's not always about you, you know.
I was stepping away from our conversation and speaking more to the others who said they don't see it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

it's not always about you, you know.

How did you possibly come to this conclusion? I'm simply posting about ATS quality, something you're thread IMO isn't adhering to.

I was stepping away from our conversation and speaking more to the others who said they don't see it.

Feel free to do that but bear in mind if you reply to me, I'll reply back.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
"wholly dedicated to quality discussion and quality research"

Ok, so let's keep the rest of the discussion aimed at the picture, it isn't that hard...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ok, so let's keep the rest of the discussion aimed at the picture, it isn't that hard...

If it wasn't hard, why post an off-topic post like the one you yourself just did?

Hypocrite?

Anyway again, this thread doesn't belong here, It's for paranormal discussion and pics which your op isn't.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
there's a name for people who intentionally derail threads like this...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join