It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems With Conspiracies and God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I've noticed that for there to be an adequate conspiracy theory, there must be some form of religion. 9 times out of 10 that religion is Christianity. Now, I am not say anything is wrong with Christianity seeing how I am an agnostic Christian, but the way some people describe their "God" is...retarded.

People base their entire view of their NWO conspiracy from the Book of Revelation. Supposedly this is where there idea of an Anti-Christ comes from. Further investigation (and no, I'm not going to post Bible scripture) reveals that there is no one Anti-Christ. Only the far right and ignorant believe in the existence of a singular Anti-Christ. While this is a broad stoke, in my observations I've found it true. Usually the more educated you are, the more likely you are to see flaws in an accepted fact. This reason, in my opinion, is the single reason that the widely accepted view for of a NWO agenda is false. Yes, there may be a group of wealthy people that are striving to make themselves richer. Still, the points of a world wide domination myth are incomprehensible. The so called "elite" or "PTB" as you like to call them can't stop fighting between them(countries specifically) but can suddenly join forces to rule the world under one person? Wishful thinking at the most. If anything, a united world would bring us closer to your goals of "One" and "Love".

Also, you claim that the people behind this devious plan are the Illuminati, a group that was started, and probably ended in Europe. You claim that the Illuminati and the Freemason are the real masterminds behind this NWO agenda with the only reason as to why they would try to unite the world is to force a false religion of Satanism upon us. Has it occurred to you fundamentalists that Christianity isn't the only religion in the world? What do the Buddhists or the Sikhs think? Do you really believe that anyone who doesn't believe in Christ is going to a fictional hell created by famous poets? Do you really believe in Satan? If you are and believe that only Christians are going to heaven, then you are, in my opinion, brainwashed and fanatical. If you truly believe in this "all in one" crap that most of you spit out with signatures, such as "Namaste" or "Love" or any combination of the two, then you are entirely hypocritical! Thinking that only a select few will get to enter God's kingdom while believing that we are all part of God is hypocritical!

The vast amount of conspiracy theories are based on religion, therefore originating on the far right. If you are truly open minded are filled with "love" or "oneness" then you will realize that all religions are based upon the same foundations. You will realized that no religion is the only way to God, but that they are nothing but road maps, each taking different ways to the final destination, the Almighty himself. You would realize that based upon the previous statement that the idea of one man ruling the entire globe for himself is silly. You wouldn't rule out the other religions. You would do more than tolerate them. You would understand them. You would notice the similarities between, say, Christianity and the ancient religions of Egypt and Assyria. You wouldn't mindlessly attack a religion saying it is copied or a bunch of myths pulled together.

Basically I am saying throw away your belief in religion and invest your time in spirituality. More things will make sense. More conspiracies will obviously be fake because their whole foundation is based on one religion. Jesus isn't the only world-changing figure. If he was then Orpheus, Buddha, and Horus were all the same person as him. Try to see beyond the thought that this world is a battle of religions. See how dumb it is to assign human characteristics to an omnipresent and omniscient God. Why would he care about blessing you more than a flower? Why would he care about making sure that you are safe more than a lone flower is? The truth is God is not human, and therefore has no human qualities. It doesn't care about your exam. It doesn't care about your football game. It doesn't care about you making it home safely. Or does it?

I've prayed valiantly to Jesus/God, but I've yet to receive any type of answer. I still haven't given up hope, but I am thinking that I am doing something wrong. Still, there is something in the back of my mind telling me that God doesn't exist and is a figure of my imagination. My faith is wavering, but is still existent. Questions such as "Why would God let evil exist?" and "Why can science answer almost everything of faith?" almost completely ruin any trust I have in God. I'll continue though, searching for the true meaning in religion.

Do any of you feel the same way?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

I've noticed that for there to be an adequate conspiracy
theory, there must be some form of religion.

What do you mean there must "be" religion? As in, like...it must exist somewhere, or it must have some kind of connection to the conspiracy? People who form the conspiracy must be religious? People who suspect a conspiracy must be religious? For conspiracies to exist there must be religious people involved? Conspiaracies can only exist in societies that are religious?

What connection does religion have to conspiracy?

The vast amount of conspiracy theories are based on religion

No?

How is the theory that president Keendy was assassinated by the CIA based on religion?
How is the theory that the US government had advance knowledge of 911 based on religion?
How is the theory that flight 93 was shot down and then covered up based on religion?
How is the theory that aliens landed at Roswell based on religion?
How is Operation Northwoods, or the Gulf of Tonkin incident, or the Watergate conspiracy, or hey...what about the assassination of Julius Caesar...how were any of these conspiracies in any way based on religion?

Basically I am saying throw away your belief in religion
and invest your time in spirituality.

Ok. But how are you getting from A to B? what does conspiracy have to do with the conclusion you're giving us? And what does religion have to do with conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

See how dumb it is to assign human characteristics to an omnipresent and omniscient God.

Sorry, just a bit confused here, you say that God is completely incomparable to humans, yet you describe yourself as an 'agnostic christian'. Christian, being a follower of Christ and believer that he is a human incarnation of God. Not trying to provoke, just a little unclear.

Now, as this science vs deity dilemma you seem to be having, I think it may be the way you view it. I find that my faith in science has diminished. I knew someone who lived for over a year without a working liver - something that I percieve to be a miracle, and something that doctors could not explain. There are many unknowns - much of science itself is believed to be true, only to be superceeded by later discoveries and better understanding. I dont think that the existance of a deity/s truly conflicts with science or vice versa, I just don't think that the understanding of either are (nor will they ever be) perfect. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Religion is the creation of man . To find " god " we need only look within ourselves .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I'm talking about the various theories that are part of the larger NWO conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No, most of us don't believe in anything that you assume "we" do, so the OP begins with a faulty premise. Next..?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BombDefined

I'm not talking about Jesus, but God. I'm still not sure how they are related, though. Jesus is supposed to be God in human form, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Why would God make a son just to sacrifice him for the rest of us? Maybe that's the loving quality in him. I don't know. Maybe the story is just a metaphor. Religion is confusing.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Ok, consider this. The human being, the latest and greatest part of an evolved creation of a first/last cause as consciousness itself (Monistic Idealism) and the everything everywhere already always and forever (God), who (as human being) in becoming conscious himself, becomes one with God, or God indwelling the human being in the fullness of spirit and truth (pure consciousness). In this way, Jesus, as unblemished consciousness, out of love (love of God to God and from God) accepted, willingly, and of his own free will, to take on the fullness of the sin and sorrow and suffering of the world (evil) as a way of re-creating the world or regenerating it via the human being (himself), by clearing karmic dept (causation of evil) in a radical transformative forgiveness, while at the same time hoping that we, his larger family, would come into full understanding as to his mission and purpose (and his love), but alas we were too dumb and are still to this day, to "grok" of him and his sent calling or mission, most fully.

"Let them be so one that they will know that it was you who sent me."

"And as my father sent me even so send I you."

"I have only one commandment: Love one another as I have loved you."

Jesus Christ is a pattern and a model of authentic leadership and love, yes, even as the begotten son of God, perfect and without fault or blame.

There is nothing "wrong" with it, at all.

It's also an all-inclusive proposition, which does not require worship, although once understood gratitude, and a repentant heart might very well be appropriate, but to each his own of course and love to be love, must be freely given and freely recieved, it cannot be coercive, and this is the problem with "Churchianity".

P.S. God, in fullness as the Godhead, was not fully involved or conscious of himself relative to the human being, until the coming of Jesus Christ, but because of Jesus' coming (being sent from the first/last cause out of love for the human being), the human being is now in full and complete sympathetic harmonious relationship WITH the Godhead, without either limitation or separation, even by sin and evil relative to what is holy, just and perfect, and without sin (God). What we see there in the passion of the Christ, is the height of the twin pillars on the tree of life, that of a severe justice and a tender mercy, while being unwilling to make any compromise with sin and evil. For Jesus (and for those who "grok") is was a perfect and a perfectly neccessary act.

It would be nice if we could understand it, free from any sort of contempuous bias due to "religion" and see and recognize it for it's nearly unfathonable beauty, magnificence, mystery and love, and what it really signifies for the human being, as a point of liberation, set free for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are loved.

edit on 17-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Ok, now how does that translate to other religions? Do you think that Christianity is the only "right" religion?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I don't really want to answer that question until you at least acknowledge what I offered there as an explanation of what Christianity means and signifies, and get honest about the spirit or intent which is motivating that question, and which feels to me more like an attack, and an unwarranted one at that.

Why do you ask?

P.S. It's answerable however, as is everything, my reply here is not because I am trying to evade that question.

edit on 17-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo, slight edit

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

The reason religon is behind all ,IS because god is behind all. You are right about anti-christs--anybody against christs teaching IS AN ANTI-CHRIST.ll But the most powerful 1 will be the last .
To many people think all these churches are full of real christians NOT! Notice the catholic church blessing both sides in ww1--and ww 2. However there are true christians in their church, just not alot. False religions are spread across the world to confuse a person who doesnt do his homework, to lazy to read and study on the bible. GOD ALMIGHTY ONLY COMANDS A FEW IMPORTANT RULES AND TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF HIM AND HIS SON JESUS, thats all---the rest is human intervention and eil doings.
A soldier that fights false wars is not a christian for he didnt do his homework before he signed that paper to join !!did he??? NOW A MURDERER HE IS.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Traditionanal "Religion" (as opposed to mysticism) is a mask and a defence mechanism against having an authentic spiritual experience.
~ Carl Jung

edit on 17-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That wasn't an attack, it was an honest question.

new topics

top topics

join