It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Family Ghost Photographs...Never before seen...Here for Analyisis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You know it's really funny and interesting, the person who I was "rude" with....that coversation has come and gone already. Yet I have others who want to come on and give me their two cents. I got everybodys point about being rude. Quite frankly it is nobody elses business. Be it a public forum or not. Yet I find it hard to believe that nobody can see what I see, my family sees, people who live in my area see when shown. One picture has a definite human face of a female. It can be seen easily, once you see it, it doesnt go away. People talking about seeing things in christmas trees, although entertaining, it just takes away from the images I am trying to get people to see. Apparently it is more of a challenge than what I thought. I mentioned where the objects of interest are. Some people are saying, I see, something here, there, in the tree ect... I suppose this is to undermine and dismiss the photos

Again bringing up images, refering to the persons process of seeing the picture as "looking at clouds" is BS. What it seems to be more likely like is that, A few of you, got offended by my earlier conversation, and my imagined tone in writing...which is hilarious. So the response I get is that my pics are bogus, blah blah blah. Just shoot them down and dismiss them. This has nothing to do with whether I like an answer of not....Nothing to do with it. This has more to do with the fact I am being made an example of, because certain people want to continue to bash me and keep letting me know how wrong I was....I am over it. This thread is a perfect example of how the media controls information and talk to discredit a source. I would appreciate it if you all would refrain from continuing to "Fill me in" on your opinions about my conversation with someone else.

Its funny...There was a picture posted on a campfire with actual smoke around it on ATS. Yet, just because the OP of that thread didnt strike a nerve with someone, his photo is actually being talked about...
I actually dont care anymore, I thought this would be a cool conversation piece, instead it has turned into Teaching me a Lesson thread, with the other half debunking the photos to no end. Its just a shame now...that I have to leave the photos embeded on this site.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I actually saw what virazzto (sp?) saw, what looks like an elderly lady sitting at the table, when I first examined the picture, but since you pointed out the other figure, I can see that too. But I most definitley see the elderly lady at the table.

It's a pity that you don't have a scanner though, the pics may have been much clearer that way. Star and flag for an interesting pic though.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Cool, I actually gave you your first (maybe still your only) star in your second post in this thread. I wasn't trying to be rude.

Jesus christ

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Cool, I actually gave you your first (maybe still your only) star in your second post in this thread. I wasn't trying to be rude.

Jesus christ

OMG! Who said I mentioned anything about you? Again I must point out that this is an example of Media discrediting someone...same thing here. I actually appreciated your anaylisis, but just because I didnt highlight your name, doesnt mean I was at all mentioning you personally.

I do take offense to someone telling me that it is my eyes playing tricks on me. I am well aware of the human mind and its ability to visualize a human face in inanimate objects. I too have been around the net for years, I too educate myself with all aspects of the human condition.

I am confident in my abilites and preception to know the difference. Your comment on the human perception of seeing human faces, or images that appear human like, Can more be attributed to my first picture with mirror on wall. That I will agree on if it is nothing at all spirit related. The face in the kitchen in my second pic does not fall in that catagory for me personally and I do not agree with it.

I went college for art and movie related media. Over the years of creating things from furniture to movie makeup prosthetics, I can say with confidence that I have an eye for detail and the intellect to understand throughly both sides before I come to a conclusion. I am not afraid to admit that I do not know much about Photography. I should though, I lived with photographers for a few years. But I dont.

I dont have any beef with anyone here in ATS, maybe a few misunderstandings, which I will blame on myself for lack of communicating effectively. Like I stated earlier, I do not care anymore at this point where this thread goes, or if I get stars etc... I guess certain things like these photos are better kept to myself in the future, instead of sharing them. Peace JC

Afterthought: Is there anyone here I havent insulted? Unbelieveable

BTW Thanks for the star..lol

edit on 17-1-2011 by Moose318 because: Because I am a lousy typer

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well you haven't insulted me..yet lol..

But what do you think about the elderly woman? I can definitley see her.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
Well you haven't insulted me..yet lol..

But what do you think about the elderly woman? I can definitley see her.

After looking at that highlight of it, I have a better understanding of the matrixing and the Human perception thereof. I personally never seen that myself, until posted here. I was playing around with my ADC software, which is very basic and made the colors appear negative in that picture. The elderly woman..lol that you see,doesnt show up on that...well not as clear anyway... but the image that had always stood out to me still does.

Interesting enough, I see this little guy looking at it..lol

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Christmas tree has a Skull with glowing eyes!

I swear these pics look old but it was only in the 70's LOL I am old!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hey, I saw the face almost immediately, so be kind.

If I remember correctly, Polaroids were highly susceptible to double exposure, particularly with the first shot of the photo pack.

You would snap in photo pack cartridge, shut the compartment door and take an aimless snapshot just to push out the semi translucent carboard lining or overlay.

Many times, that first aimless shot would be enough to allow light to penetrate through the cardboard and partially expose the underlying first print.

Notice the circular pattern concentrated around the ghost woman's face?
... probably the result of the flash.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Hey, I saw the face almost immediately, so be kind.

If I remember correctly, Polaroids were highly susceptible to double exposure, particularly with the first shot of the photo pack.

You would snap in photo pack cartridge, shut the compartment door and take an aimless snapshot just to push out the semi translucent carboard lining or overlay.

Many times, that first aimless shot would be enough to allow light to penetrate through the cardboard and partially expose the underlying first print.

Notice the circular pattern concentrated around the ghost woman's face?
... probably the result of the flash.

Thank you for the info. I will say that I am not sure if it was a Polaroid picture or not. There is a white frame around the picture about a 1/4 inch or 1 centimeter. My grandfather owned several old cameras. I know that a Polaroid was one of them. Again thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
You know it's really funny and interesting, the person who I was "rude" with....that coversation has come and gone already. Yet I have others who want to come on and give me their two cents. I got everybodys point about being rude. Quite frankly it is nobody elses business. Be it a public forum or not. Yet I find it hard to believe that nobody can see what I see, my family sees, people who live in my area see when shown. One picture has a definite human face of a female. It can be seen easily, once you see it, it doesnt go away. People talking about seeing things in christmas trees, although entertaining, it just takes away from the images I am trying to get people to see. Apparently it is more of a challenge than what I thought. I mentioned where the objects of interest are. Some people are saying, I see, something here, there, in the tree ect... I suppose this is to undermine and dismiss the photos

Again bringing up images, refering to the persons process of seeing the picture as "looking at clouds" is BS. What it seems to be more likely like is that, A few of you, got offended by my earlier conversation, and my imagined tone in writing...which is hilarious. So the response I get is that my pics are bogus, blah blah blah. Just shoot them down and dismiss them. This has nothing to do with whether I like an answer of not....Nothing to do with it. This has more to do with the fact I am being made an example of, because certain people want to continue to bash me and keep letting me know how wrong I was....I am over it. This thread is a perfect example of how the media controls information and talk to discredit a source. I would appreciate it if you all would refrain from continuing to "Fill me in" on your opinions about my conversation with someone else.

Its funny...There was a picture posted on a campfire with actual smoke around it on ATS. Yet, just because the OP of that thread didnt strike a nerve with someone, his photo is actually being talked about...
I actually dont care anymore, I thought this would be a cool conversation piece, instead it has turned into Teaching me a Lesson thread, with the other half debunking the photos to no end. Its just a shame now...that I have to leave the photos embeded on this site.

Hi OP,

I was actually with you for a while there, until this little outburst.

Now my only question to you is, how old are you, 12?!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelLily
Hi OP,

Okay...So whats your point? What do you disagree with that I said to make me sound 12?

Again, proving my point as I stated earlier...that this Thread had turned into nothing but chastising me. You act like I am talking to you. Glad to make you feel the need to respond on such a serious and profound topic. Your welcome!
edit on 18-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelLily
Hi OP,

Okay...So whats your point? What do you disagree with that I said to make me sound 12?

Again, proving my point as I stated earlier...that this Thread had turned into nothing but chastising me. You act like I am talking to you. Glad to make you feel the need to respond on such a serious and profound topic. Your welcome!
edit on 18-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

I really don't want to insult you so I won't.

My point was this - When you first posted your pics, I found them interesting. I could also see the images that you could clearly see and so I agreed that just because other people couldn't see the images, didn't mean they weren't there. Now, it may be matrixing, it may not. To me, that didn't matter. The fact was that you, I, and others, could see the images in the pictures that could possibly suggest paranormal activity. So that's where I was with you.

Then, and you did ask for people's opinions, you became a little 'defensive'. No need to be. Ask 100 people what they think of your photos, the majority of them are going to say that there are no ghosts in it. So that's their opinion. I don't like the colour red, that's my opinion. You might like red, that's your opinion. It doesn't make either of us wrong now does it?

As ATS members, we have a duty to be polite and treat each other with a little respect. Just accept that you see what you see in the photos and if you don't want to hear other's opinions, don't ask for them.

You are not being chastised, maybe a little paranoid, but not chastised. I asked if you were 12 because your little outbursts are reminiscant of a 12 year old boy throwing a strop because somebody dared to disagree with him!

Your pics are good, and there will be a number of us who agree with you as to what can be seen. All I'm trying to do is bring a little patience and peace to what should be an interesting thread which has actually turned into a strop-fest. Please, take my advice, and chill out. :-)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Angellily

As ATS members, we have a duty to be polite and treat each other with a little respect.

And saying "what age are you? 12?" is in my opinion just a tad disrespectful...

The OP had already addressed the issue with previous posters dismissing his photos, but then there was just a stream of posts berating him for being annoyed at the very dismissive tone of earlier posts, then the thread went back on topic and then you came onto the thread and rather than give your opinion about the photos, you berated him again, and didn't actually give your opinion until he replied, almost like you were treating him like he was 12 and telling him "well I'm not going to tell you what I think about your photos now, because you've been a bad boy"

It takes a lot of courage to post pictures and experiences on this forum as there will always be skeptics ready to tear anything apart, so I for one am glad the OP posted his personal pictures and I don't think he has anything to reproach himself for!
edit on 18-1-2011 by destination now because: replied to wrong poster, meant Angellily not Moose

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Angellily

As ATS members, we have a duty to be polite and treat each other with a little respect.

And saying "what age are you? 12?" is in my opinion just a tad disrespectful...

The OP had already addressed the issue with previous posters dismissing his photos, but then there was just a stream of posts berating him for being annoyed at the very dismissive tone of earlier posts, then the thread went back on topic and then you came onto the thread and rather than give your opinion about the photos, you berated him again, and didn't actually give your opinion until he replied, almost like you were treating him like he was 12 and telling him "well I'm not going to tell you what I think about your photos now, because you've been a bad boy"

It takes a lot of courage to post pictures and experiences on this forum as there will always be skeptics ready to tear anything apart, so I for one am glad the OP posted his personal pictures and I don't think he has anything to reproach himself for!
edit on 18-1-2011 by destination now because: replied to wrong poster, meant Angellily not Moose

Okay, I take your point, and I respectfully apologise if I have offended the OP or you.

I was truly interested in the pics posted but come back to the fact that if somebody is asking for opinions, they should accept them, either in agreement or not. Now I feel berated, but won't take it too much to heart!

So, lets get back on topic then.

Sorry... :-(

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelLily

No problem...I was a bit angsty as I've just been battling with an incessantly annoying troll on another thread, and it's getting close to my bedtime

Peace

so back to the photos then. When I first looked at them in the second picture I could definitley see an elderly lady sitting at the table, it looked very clear.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

...You know it's really funny and interesting, the person who I was "rude" with....that coversation has come and gone already. Yet I have others who want to come on and give me their two cents. I got everybodys point about being rude. Quite frankly it is nobody elses business. Be it a public forum or not. Yet I find it hard to believe that nobody can see what I see, my family sees, people who live in my area see when shown...

You find it hard to believe that nobody can see what you see ? How arrogant are you ! But wait a minute, if your family see it, plus people who actually live in your area see it too, then who are we to argue - maybe you should post them in your local paper.

....One picture has a definite human face of a female. It can be seen easily, once you see it, it doesnt go away. People talking about seeing things in christmas trees, although entertaining, it just takes away from the images I am trying to get people to see. Apparently it is more of a challenge than what I thought. I mentioned where the objects of interest are. Some people are saying, I see, something here, there, in the tree ect... I suppose this is to undermine and dismiss the photos...

And the 'definite' human face, I'm afraid I can't see that. But don't be too disheartened, as I do see a skull with glowing eyes at the top of the X-mas tree, and Greensage sees it too ! I can't belive I've been using a fairy for all these years, when a skull would suffice !

...Again bringing up images, refering to the persons process of seeing the picture as "looking at clouds" is BS. What it seems to be more likely like is that, A few of you, got offended by my earlier conversation, and my imagined tone in writing...which is hilarious...

I really don't think it's BS, in fact is called Pareidolia (referred to in this thread as 'Matrixing'). And for the record I wasn't offended by your tone, more annoyed, and no, it's not 'hilarious'.

In your first pic, all i see is I'm afraid is a seal - please don't be too upset or feel the need to inform your family, I really don't intend on upsetting anybody.
scarboroughphotographicsociety.com...

The top of the picture is interesting, but my first thought was that it could well be a X-mas decoration that has been hung on the nail ?

The second picture I cannot see anything of interest at all...

Kind regards,

edit on 18-1-2011 by Ir0nM0nkey because: Weird formatting ?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ir0nM0nkey

Not sure why you have posted a picture of a seal

Well I'm not sure how many times the OP has to apologise for being seemingly rude in his initial response, and perhaps if you had an opinion, you should just have come onto the thread and posted your opinion, instead of, yet again pulling the OP up about his initial reaction and posting pictures of seals...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Looks more like damaged old photos.

Not to mention quality and sustainability on older photos is not exactly high.

When you post something up here for opinions do got get enraged with the opinion does not meet your own.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Not sure why you have posted a picture of a seal

Well I'm not sure how many times the OP has to apologise for being seemingly rude in his initial response, and perhaps if you had an opinion, you should just have come onto the thread and posted your opinion, instead of, yet again pulling the OP up about his initial reaction and posting pictures of seals...

Sorry but I am not pulling the OP up on his initial reaction, my quotes are related to his 7th post in this thread, and if I don't actually agree with what he is saying or the tone in which he is replying then I will say so.
Also, I have indeed come onto the thread to post my opinion, although I do like to read every single post before diving in and saying what I think.
Maybe I should have made myself more clear in explaining what I do see, so I apologise for any misunderstanding.

I see the seal in this pic...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

And as stated, I believe the top of this picture frame is an X-mas decoration hung on the nail, hook etc.

I also stated that I do not see anything in the second picture that the OP posted. All the above is my opinion which I have indeed come onto the thread to post.

Kind regards,

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ahh right I understand now. I didn't see anything in the first pic, but I could see an elderly lady in the second, sitting at the table, but apparently that is not what the OP sees.

It is perhaps unfortunate that the OP does not have a scanner as that may have given a clearer image for us to discuss, and maybe the anomoly is not so clear to us as we are looking at a photo of a photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join