It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Family Ghost Photographs...Never before seen...Here for Analyisis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Good morning/evening ATS members.

I have Two old poloroid type pictures from 1972 and possibly 1973. Not sure of date on other photo because it looks like marking was worn off. If it wasn't 1973, then it is 1972. These pictures were passed down through my family and are now in my possesion. Both pictures contain my mother, when she was in her late teens. They were shot at a home in Bridgeport NY. They have not been altered in anyway, other than a slight crop to edit out the names in the picture. They are the originals.

I do not have a scanner to scan them into my computer, so I used my blackberry and also tried my Hitachi handi cam to take pictures. I would like to have then analyzed by someone who knows more about Photography than I do...and I do not know very much at all. This person must know their stuff, not just say that they do.

I don't know much about the style of camera used back then to take these, but if it is a old type poloroid, I would like to know, What are the possibilites that this is a double exposure. To the best of my knowledge I assume that they are not...keep in mind the assumption that this is a old poloroid.

Note these images are both retaken from Blackberry and Hitachi DVD Cam.

Here they are, The first on I like to call Teddy Roosevelt. But my family has always insisted that the ghost image is actually in mirror.

This next one, should be just as easy to see, The first time I looked at this, I didn't see it right away...when I did, It gave me the chills.

Light in upper center from my lamp..sorry

I am looking forward to the analysis. Thanks
edit on 17-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Great pics .
It looks to me that whoever took the pics was smoking at the time . Maybe snapped happily away while holding a cigarette in his/her mouth and accidentally allowed the smoke to drift into the shots .
edit on 17-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Great pics .
It looks to me that whoever took the pics was smoking at the time . Maybe snapped happily away while holding a cigarette in his/mouth and accidentally allowed the smoke to drift into the shot .

Well we did have smokers in the family...However I have seen enough photos with smoke to know that the images in here are not from that... Look at little closer, there are actual faces in both of them. The kitchen is most unmistakenably a woman on the wall, slightly to the right of white splotch.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Great pics .
It looks to me that whoever took the pics was smoking at the time . Maybe snapped happily away while holding a cigarette in his/mouth and accidentally allowed the smoke to drift into the shot .

Well we did have smokers in the family...However I have seen enough photos with smoke to know that the images in here are not from that... Look at little closer, there are actual faces in both of them. The kitchen is most unmistakenably a woman on the wall, slightly to the right of white splotch.

Our minds can play many tricks with us and can make a whole image out of the most obscure detail .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Dude, I hope more people can comment on this besides you. Obviously either you are blind or just ignorant of the facts. The images are not obscure in detail. They are very detailed. As I stated earlier, If you do not know about photography...move on.. Thank you

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
are you able to use ms paint to do an outline?

for the non photo-smart people whom are struggling to see (but are hoping to) what your'e referring too....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TigaHawk
are you able to use ms paint to do an outline?

for the non photo-smart people whom are struggling to see (but are hoping to) what your'e referring too....

In Both? I can, it will take a few mins... I tried to zoom in on what I see... The first one that I always refered to as Teddy Roosevelt, You can see that as the solid figure looking to the left in right corner. The family has always stated they see a woman in mirror right next to that, which they believed to be my dead Great Grandmother. The second picture in the kitchen, looks strangely enough like my Aunt as an adult today...But she always aged well...I will try and outline and post

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Dude, I hope more people can comment on this besides you. Obviously either you are blind or just ignorant of the facts. The images are not obscure in detail. They are very detailed. As I stated earlier, If you do not know about photography...move on.. Thank you

I've been a paranormal investigator for almost 12 years now and my specialty IS with both EVP's and photograph analysis but given how rude you were to that poster above, I'm really just writing to say I'm sure not helping you out.
But I WILL say this: the eyes DO take things and 'create' familiar aspects out of them. It's called Matrixing. It's the same concept we use to find objects et al in clouds. Same thing when we see 'faces' in trees, smoke, markings and so on.
Nothing paranormal in these. They're simply markings and nothing more.
I hope a mod will link you to the correct 'manners' thread that they link to every other rude person who comes here. No one HAS to reply to you. They do so because they want to help.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Stars to gandalphthegrey, by the way.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have seen similar effects created both accidentaly and on purpose.

These effects can happen in two places.. on the negative and on the photographic paper and they occur during processing.. It's normally down to using old chemicals. The chemicals are not as strong as they were so don't 'fix' the image properly.

Another possible cause is improper drying of negative/paper. This can cause streaks and swirls and patches.

Then you can create these effects by general 'dodging' during the processing.

I can't quite see anything that resembles an image of a person/spirit... just streaks, mist and a patch.

This could be accidental, but without proper examination of the negatives and photos these images are questionable. At least you've got more of an idea as to what the possible cause could be.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Stars to gandalphthegrey, by the way.

Thank you , Sarra . I think the OP will be rude to everybody who cannot see what he so wishes them to see .

Regards

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Could be the wall, or matrixing , but this is what I see in this photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7dbe264429ea.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b7a363b2d98.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Whatever to those who disagree without explaining themselves. Just coming on here and saying its smoke and eye tricks is baloney...But I asked for it so be it... Anyways hawk, Heres the images with paint to point out what I see

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c397121f2ee.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Nice up for analysis but shooting down opinions rooted in logic. I saw no face. If you have to stare at something for a long time to make it out, chances are your mind/pattern recognition is doing a lot more of the work than the information on the photograph itself.
That haze could literally be from anything. In those old cameras (shutter speed is a factor too) there was no digital image stabilizing and no compression, what you got was however light interacted with whatever was in the room. Granted this can make for some neat "ghost" pictures, but it's more than likely smoke, hair, jittery hands, etc.

No sense in shooting people down.

nope, still don't see a legit face, at least not one that doesn't look like ET had a lovechild with Alf.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Mr Headshot because: outlinepics

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

A good and honest unbiased explanation . Star given

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If I came off rude, then I do apologize. How ever I expected...ummmm IDK, a few questions about them. I certainly didnt expect, your eyes are playing tricks on you. It wasnt clear to me as well with the kitchen pic at first hand either, Now I can't miss it. As for the pic with the mirror. My TR I never really thought too much of. I just see the black silhouette right away. I can kind of see what the family is talking about but never personally been convinced. The ladys face in the kitchen in the white splotch to right has he very intriuged to say the least.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

If I came off rude, then I do apologize. How ever I expected...ummmm IDK, a few questions about them. I certainly didnt expect, your eyes are playing tricks on you. It wasnt clear to me as well with the kitchen pic at first hand. Now I can't miss it. As for the pic in with the mirror. My TR I never really thought too much of. I just see the black silhouette right away. I can kind of see what the family is talking about but never personally been convinced. The ladys face in the kitchen in the white splotch to right has he very intriuged to say the least.

it's ok , my friend . Remember , not everyone will see what you do and in the words of the great Arthur Conan Doyle " once you have illiminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth"

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

In the Christmas tree picture I see a skull with glowing eyes just below the "D" in "DEC 72".

A frightening pareidolian moment

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

It's cool man, it's just a bad policy to shoot down people who are trying to help you. I've, personally, been around the internet a long time and I've seen many similar photographs. If you like, I can take the pictures and do some quick photoshop work to try and bring out any possible faces present. However, I think it's mostly (with many pictures like this, not yours per se) seeing shapes in the clouds.

Your mind is built and programed to see faces and patterns. The human mind doesn't like ambiguity very much and wants things to make sense in a pattern, therefore you see faces and shapes that may not actually be there. For example, look at these:

Those pictures are so obviously faces to most people, but it's just smoke in the wind.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I looked over both pictures. Here is my opinion of what they are:

Picture 1 (X-mas tree):
The first thing I noticed was hair. There is definitely hair over the camera lense. However, that doesn't explain the wierdness of the picture in the upper right hand corner. The second picture you have shows additional details to the picture, and it appears to be damage to the actual photograph. Given the type of photograph, and the year, it is quite possible the camera was a Christmas gift itself.

You mentioned these were polaroid photographs. Damage such as that is easy to cause and is quite common. Pictures also degrade over time. Given the timeframe of 1972-73, the photographs should have been in color. They don't appear to be black and white, but rather a amber - this is common for photographs that have been exposed to light. The damage on the first photograph does appear to be at a different layer than the rest of the photo. This would reinforce my belief that the photograph is damaged, which is causing the spot.

The face, which is not as obvious as you claim it is, I believe is matrixing, as previous posters already stated.

Picture 2 (Kitchen?)
The problem with this photograph appears to be damage during the developing (improper roller movement), or damage after the fact. It could also be the flash of the camera reflecting off the back surfaces. Sorry, once again I am not seeing what you are seeing.

So, there are my thoughts. I also have to agree with one of the above posters. When you ask a question, and don't get the response you expect, rudeness is not the way to go about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join