It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductionist Scandal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendPritchett
Here is an excellent article that holds Emma Woods accountable just as much as Jacobs.

This is part of the continued weak defense of Jacobs and Hopkins. According to their supporters, it is never their fault. We don't need to actually listen or think about their allegations, all we need to know is that Emma Woods is crazy and Carol Rainey is a woman scorned. These are red-herrings, nothing in these arguments tells us why they are wrong or why Hopkins and Jacobs are right.

Arguing Emma Woods shares responsibility for Jacobs' behavior is more of the same. It, purposefully, ignores the critical-element of the therapist-patient dynamic, that Jacobs, as Woods' therapist, was seen as both an authority and supportive figure. Woods went to Jacobs for help and trusted him. Even if Woods did not exercise the best judgment or was not educated about the myths and realities of hypnosis (really, the article is just another long-winded, "Emma Woods is crazy" argument), none of that excuses Jacobs' behavior towards her. Even if Emma Woods is crazy, Jacobs still manipulated her. Even if Emma Woods is crazy, Jacobs still behaved unethically, in such an extreme fashion as to make all of his research questionable. Even if Emma Woods is crazy, Jacobs is still a liar. Even if Emma Woods is crazy, Jacobs is still a gullible buffoon.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
So apparently Carol Rainey is now embroiled in some kind of YouTube war regarding Budd Hopkins, who is said to be dying of cancer.

Jacobs' defenders keep trotting that out as if it somehow excuses past bad behaviors, so that we ignore his detractors. And if it wasn't cancer, they would find other excuses. They would say he's an old man and after he's gone, they'll say his critics are bashing a dead-man, still trying to get us to ignore the facts.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hi, everybody. Jack Brewer here from the blog, 'The UFO Trail'. Hope you're all doing well.

Perhaps some of you will appreciate a heads up about the latest post at my blog. It's the first of a two-parter authored by Carol Rainey, former wife of Budd Hopkins. It's an excerpt from her in-progress work titled, 'The Abductionist's Wife: A Memoir', and is titled, 'The Singer's Hybrid Daughter'.

Check it out at:

ufotrail.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It seems that most abduction experiences will come back to the people who have them in time. I know this because I have had recurring dreams of such experiences but can never tell you outright I ever had one. I did have an experience up close and personal late one night in May of 2009. I awoke to find a three foot tall grey figure standing there beside my bed. I quickly sat up but whatever it was was going down the stairs and exiting the house. I followed it into the driveway but it was gone.

As I stood there in the driveway I looked up and from a field behind the house came two bright round lights and inside these lights were figures I knew could see me as I could see them. Yet I had no fear but thought, "what are you?" Almost like a download I had all kinds of knowledge. They related that they were the original inhabitants of the earth and that they were going to take it back. I could understand that they were associated with and still are with the terminology regarding the "nephilim." They were not friendly in any way but had contempt for me and every human. They related that the planet was taken from them and given to human kind and they wanted to rule it again. I understood a plan by mixing their race with humans to do it.

I began to sense danger as it kept coming towards me and was now almost overhead. I thought,"You cannot harm me." and they related, "But others of your kind we work with can." At that point I told them out loud that I was Christian and belonged to Christ and suddenly they stopped talking (or thinking) to me and took off in another direction.

Yet I have dreams about them coming and moment before something happens waking up. Except that last night I had a definite memory. I was younger and this wheel appeared outside of my classroom window. It was big and silvery. I started shouting that they were coming but no one else seemed to be paying any attention. I ran to my friend (we were in first grade I think) and called for him. His name was Abba. I know also that the name meant "father". Suddenly a short being appeared right beside me like a typical three foot tall grey except is was more brown-grey. Some kind of small vehicle entered the room and I next found myself in a room with more than one, and one that was taller and more fierce looking. I went to grab a shovel I found to protect myself and then gave up. Instantly I found myself sitting in a chair and in front of me were other men sitting in chairs facing forward in the same direction in a straight line. The beings were there as well. I cried out, "No, I can't be the oldest of us!" Suddenly the larger one approached me and I was more preoccupied at his appearance and woke up.

The reason I mention the experience and the dreams is because none of it makes sense because even if it did happen and I'm not claiming any of it is real, it a garbled mess and mix of multiple experiences at different points of time. Only the part where the being was in my room and the occurrence in the driveway, that is completely real. Many people have these experiences and they could be nothing at all or something, who knows. I don't ever remember an abduction experience.

I say all this to say that hypnosis will not reveal the total facts, only that which the subconscious can reveal as it knows it to be, not the way it actually is. Even the experiences themselves may be planted to hide anything close to truth in the matter. There is just no way to know for sure. Or they could be mere dreams and nothing more.

edit on 14-2-2016 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jjflash
Thanks flash.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hiya Jack, I'll be over there shortly

The picture is Jerry Clark, Budd, Jacobs, Stan and who's the other guy?

I've just bought your book and haven't read it yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Hiya Jack, I'll be over there shortly

The picture is Jerry Clark, Budd, Jacobs, Stan and who's the other guy?

I've just bought your book and haven't read it yet.

Hey, Kandinsky!

I do believe that's Peter Robbins rounding out the usual suspects.

Thanks for getting my book! Hope it meets your expectations.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjflash
Hi, everybody. Jack Brewer here from the blog, 'The UFO Trail'. Hope you're all doing well.

Perhaps some of you will appreciate a heads up about the latest post at my blog. It's the first of a two-parter authored by Carol Rainey, former wife of Budd Hopkins. It's an excerpt from her in-progress work titled, 'The Abductionist's Wife: A Memoir', and is titled, 'The Singer's Hybrid Daughter'.

Check it out at:

ufotrail.blogspot.com...

Part II now posted of 'The Singer's Hybrid Daughter' by Carol Rainey:

ufotrail.blogspot.com...

Thanks for your interest.

Photo: Budd Hopkins presents with David Jacobs at Intruders Foundation seminar, circa 2004 (Credit: Carol Rainey)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join