It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will we stop being our own worst enemy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

How do you know they're using electronic mind control on you?

I am a TI too and I have had all kinds of strange and sinister experiences, but the whole exotic energy weapons thing, I'm really not sure about that....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I will always be talking about electronic mind control, no matter what happens, these people are out there ruining my life totally.

If you and others think its nonsense, that is your bag not mine, and i know my info is factual on it.

I'd say you're suffering the condition of Persecutory Paranoia and the worse thing you can do is discuss it on a conspiracy website because all the other sufferers will feed your condition and convince you even more that it is real.

When people make mistakes the first thing they do is seek to blame someone or something else. Richard Shaver used to blame the Dero, now it's a secret government agency or aliens. The delusion of 'electronic mind control' covers all bases because whatever goes wrong in your life is "their" fault, not yours.

The downside of blaming others (especially a non-existent enemy) is that you will never get your life back on track. Once you accept that it is you that cocks up on occasion you can start doing things better and with more thought and care. You will then stop the decline and begin to rebuild the current ruins of your life.

edit on 19-1-2011 by torsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

You don't know what you're talking about.

If you've never been targetted and gang-stalked, consider yourself lucky, because yes it's real, and it's essentially slow torture that goes on for years, and years....

Again I don't know about "electronic mind control", but the phenomenon of being stalked and tormented by whole gangs and groups of people is very real.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
reply to post by torsion

You don't know what you're talking about.

I'm talking about the concept of electronic mind control.

If you've never been targetted and gang-stalked, consider yourself lucky, because yes it's real, and it's essentially slow torture that goes on for years, and years....

I'm not talking about gang-stalking. Neither is the person whose post I was responding to.

Again I don't know about "electronic mind control",

So it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about.

but the phenomenon of being stalked and tormented by whole gangs and groups of people is very real.

Haven't been talking about that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I'm not talking about gang-stalking. Neither is the person whose post I was responding to.

Yes, he is. andy1033 IS talking about gang-stalking. That is what it's called.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
we will stop when we mature to certain levels of consciousness. We as a race have not yet risen to such a level.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Are you running for President of UFOlogy, Ignore The Facts? Who's writing your speeches? This thread sounds really familiar from two different OP's in threads that you have authored. It seems like you want to control these boards. People can post whatever they want! I've learned more from hoaxes than anything else and I think I actually speak for a lot of people on the ATS UFO/ET Forums when saying that we all are pretty good at detecting hoaxes and BS. The problem is, a lot of believers wont listen to anything a skeptic has to say and vice versa. There is a very fine line.

Those that know me know my stubborn and slightly rude manner....it's the way I come across on the internet, I swear if we met in a bar over a few beers no matter what our viewpoints we would be having a blast! But I have to ask, when will we, as a community, stop being our own worst enemy? As I sit here and read the threads on this board, I see on thing in common....and that is the quest for answers and the truth. But the other thing I see in common.....is complete and utter nonsense. And I do mean nonsense! I know the whole UFO thing is highly speculative, but I think many use that as an excuse to make complete asses out of the subject (and themselves). It's like anyone can claim "diplomatic immunity" so to speak and get away with saying anything...and worse yet there are many who seem to back them up without so much as...never mind...anyway....

This board is a microcosm of all things that contribute to this subject being a laughable joke (and also to some things that allow a few of us to take it seriously...a good thing I might add). If you step back and seriously read the thread titles along with the first page of replies.....well, I wouldn't blame you for shaking your head and walking away.

The thing is, being infiltrated with so much complete and utter ignorance combined with nonsense, we scare off the very people we want here. I mean, when someone who may have information to share (in a manner that is much harder to dispute than a cheesy personal account of blurry youtube video of lights) does a little poking around this subject, and they do what any sane person would do (walk away..well, maybe run, lol) how long do you think it takes them to seriously take another peek back in? Years, I bet. And when they eventually do...what do they find? They find that the subject has devolved rather than evolved.

So I ask, out of all honesty, when will we stop being our own worst enemy? Serious question, I am curious what you all think.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Having read this forum for a while now, in my opinion, the debunkers are generally rude and ignorant.

In fact, I get the impression that some of the debunkers are only here to spread disinformation. Even when there is evidence to prove they are wrong, they still claim to be right and throw ridiculous suggestions and insults.

There are a few debunkers or people who haven't made up their minds regarding UFOs and ETs, who contribute a lot and give a healthy debate.

People come here to gain knowledge about UFOs, give their opinions and debate them and there are times when both debunkers and believers agree on some things. There is a lot of good information here whether they be photos or videos and the fact that some of them cannot be explained is very interesting and creates a good debate.

Lets put it this way, if I didn't believe in UFOs and ETs or was 100% they don't exist, I wouldn't waste my time here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join