It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackslap me if this has been asked before: 47.5?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My wife noticed it as I was browsing this forum - she said, "What does '47.5' mean?" I looked, and sure enough, "ATS," the way it is done as a forum logo, looks like 47.5. Does this mean anything...? I know about Hoagland, hyperdimensional physics, and 19.5 degrees, but what about 47.5? Anything??

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I see what you mean, but it's just a side effect of the fancy alien font they chose for the logo.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I never noticed that before, tell your wife she's got a good eye.

I believe there was a thread awhile ago, where the person thought they saw something else, but the answer is the same it was simply the font and how ats appeared in said font.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
C'mon everyone.

We make lousy conspiracists if we can't at least speculate as to the hidden meaning!

My guess is that in a recent poll it was found that 47.5 % of us were actually classified crazy.

The remaining 52.5 % refused to take the poll because the NSA would get their answers.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
C'mon everyone.

We make lousy conspiracists if we can't at least speculate as to the hidden meaning!

My guess is that in a recent poll it was found that 47.5 % of us were actually classified crazy.

The remaining 52.5 % refused to take the poll because the NSA would get their answers.

Funny, funny! Whut's the NSA?? nyuck, nyuck Oh, by the way, my wife thanks you for complimenting her observation.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

My pleasure!
She was the one with the good eye though, as only women can do.I've stared at that image every day since the revamp and never noticed before.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
C'mon everyone.

ok, i'm pretty sure you are onto something here, i hope they are not going to track down my ip address now that i know their secret.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

47.5 + 19.5 + 23 = 90 . its a conspiracy

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
23?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
47.5 of us aren't human?

But..um...this is interesting...paraphrased from the I Ching:

The 47.5 talks about being shamed or humiliated by authority. It also talks about how this oppression resulting from this shame or humiliation gradually lifts and how the release is helped by some sort of sacrifice on your part. If you do not let your standards down, the oppression associated with this will start to lift.

edit on 1/17/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
47.5 is the average age of the fully awakened and enlightened ATS members.

I thought everyone knew this?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's the wrong answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything...

The correct answer being 42.

Don't forget your towel.
edit on 17-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Are you that old already ?

Idea. Roswell event happened on what date exactly ?

edit on 1/17/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Nope, I've got years to go, and can remove the 's' in one.

FortyTwo!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Never noticed that - strange how something can be right there in front of you and you read it as you thought it should be ATS - which I guess it is but now it doesn't look like ATS at all - looks 47.5. Did they change the name of the site while I wasn't looking

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Never noticed that - strange how something can be right there in front of you and you read it as you thought it should be ATS - which I guess it is but now it doesn't look like ATS at all - looks 47.5. Did they change the name of the site while I wasn't looking

Have you ever looked at a picture or photo and were unable to figure out what it was a representation of? Then there is that MOMENT when your mind puts it together, and you can never look at it with the same un-comprehension again - I am in love with that moment of revelation...

top topics

join