It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Cuffed & Choked to Within an Inch of my Life by 5 Cowards. Now I'm MAD.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
At around 11:30pm Friday night I was attacked by the security detail at a popular Hollywood Bar for no apparent reason. Yes, I know how this sounds, but it is the truth. My 2 friends were witness to the whole scene.

I did not harass, bother or threaten anyone. I was being quite honestly, a great patron. Here's how it went down:

I'm sitting on a ledge about 5 feet from the bar. Comfortable. Laughing. Taking in the night. Yes, I was drinking. Never really liked the scene at this bar but hey, we were here. Security comes up to me and asks me to move my leg out of the path walk-way, so I do. But before I even had a chance to move it, this second security guy comes up right behind the 1st guy and says "You gotta leave" and puts his hand on my shoulder/neck. They were literally 3 seconds apart. At this time, I for one am a little shocked to say the least because this literally happened in 3 seconds time giving me no time to even really ask why I was being thrown out. But I answered "ok" and non-threateningly went to remove his hand from my neck while I was in the middle of trying to say "I know where the exit is, I"m going." I WAS complying because I know how 'ready' these guys are, I've been here before but never thought I'd be in the middle of this kind of thing. I'm too civil. I mean, I am a man but I'm not out to hurt or dis-respect anyone. Anyway before I could even get my sentence out he threw me into a sleeper hold and applied FULL pressure. I was limp not fighting back but for some reason I was immediately surround by 3-4 other security guys as they grabbed my arms and nearly dislocated them around my back. Mind you at this point I'm trying to find air and blood to my head. I was literally about to lose consciousness. I knew it, but I didn't want to go to sleep right there in front of my friends for no reason at all. So I fought to stay awake, not fighting back, but fighting to 'stay conscious'. At this point they are screaming "DON'T RESIST & QUIT FIGHTING!!" But the fact is I WAS NOT. While choking me from the back in a way that was 100% meant to put me to sleep, The other guys proceeded to handcuff me WHILE I'M CONTINUALLY BEING CHOKED. The cuffs went on so tight that now 2 days later I still cannot feel my right thumb and have cuts and bruises on my right wrist. So back to the choking……This was the part that kind of left me with a really bad taste in my mouth. After about a realistic 15-20 seconds I realized that he was not gonna let up on my neck AT ALL. What I did then was a spit-second decision to hopefully gain and OUNCE of mercy from the situation. I faked like I went to sleep. What happened next?? HE DIDN'T LET UP ON THE CHOKE. He kept strangling me. I pretty much felt like he was trying to kill me (If I'm asleep and your still choking me you're trying to kill me.) So here's where I like to think the 'spiritual' aspect of it came in. After about 4-5 seconds I opened my eyes back up and basically just kept fighting to stay conscious for another, get this,,,,,, 20-30 SECONDS OF BEING STRANGLED WHILE CUFFED. My pride was strong and I just couldn't let these cowards lay me out for all to see. IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS. I know what you're thinking. WHERE WERE YOUR FRIENDS?? Well, guys I don't really have an answer for you. I can tell you this. It was fast, over-whelming, brutal and definitely over-kill. My friends were being held back at distance but could see. They have never seen anything like that and were taken back by the episode as well. Anyway back to the story……So after being choked for a literal 45-60 seconds while being cuffed they FINALLY let go of my neck. 3 of them walked me to the curb, handcuffed. My reaction? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DO ALL THAT FOR?? Their reaction "it's protocol"……… bla bla bla…..And GET THIS they even admitted when me and my friends said I was suppose to be asleep a minute ago that they were amazed I was awake too?!?! WHAT THE??!?? I truly believe the only reason why he let go of my neck was because it was becoming practically sad and obvious I was being abused. UN-REAL. So they un-handcuff me and tell me I can't come back tonight. LOLOL Try never you cowards! As me and my friends tried to figure how and why that just happened I couldn't help feeling a sense of anger towards and injustice to somebody who did nothing to warrant being choked to within an inch of their lives. NOTHING.

It would seem as if it were some kind of violent ritualistic satanic right of passage, pretty brutal.

Now I've taken contacts sports like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and karate so I've been in chokes plenty of times. But the choke I was in on Friday had a whole lot of Malice and evil intent in it. I've never in my life seen or been choked like that before. Pretty amazing how brazen men can be when there's 5 of them holding you rendering you defenseless. Do they think they are tough? My friends will tell you they are amazed I was able to pull through without waking up asking them the golden question. WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Thank God Somehow I was given the strength to not let them get the satisfaction of seeing me sprawled out.

I'm injured. I have crushed cartilage in my throat that makes it hard to swallow and eat. Basically my Adams apple has been compromised. My voice is funny. It's pretty painful, even to the touch. My right thumb has no feeling on the skin and has marks and cuts from the handcuffs. My eye has a bit of a blood vessel pop from them trying to literally take my head off. I have pictures of the marks.

I feel Vengeful. Why? Because I didn't do anything. All I did was bring my business. I would love to sue. Normally that is not something I would ever consider, but this time I feel somebody has to pay. It's either that or I go up there and assault them but then that leaves me open to charges. It wasn't like I was violent or being a threat. If that was the case I would just take my lumps and call it even. But this? Un-Warranted. Brutal. Over-kill.

I talked to an attorney who said I have a case but he can't take this one. He said he knows other attorneys will. I have 2 witnesses. I'm sure my case would be better if I went to the hospital and filled out a police report but who really wants to do all that on a Friday Night?

I love the ATS community so I thought this would be a good story to share on the ABUSE OF POWER by coward low-life security at a Crappy Hollywood bar. You guys would laugh if I told you the name of this joint. Hope you enjoyed.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The illegitimate babies!!!

Can you find any video from the bar?
edit to add.
You need to get to a MD, ER and file a police report.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jboogienoj

Sue them. Retaining council seems to be the rational way to proceed.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow, sounds like quite the ordeal. You certainly deserve retribution. You are a bigger man than me taking the legal route. I can't honestly say that's the route I would take in this scenario.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sorry to hear your story brotha. One of my great friends worked bar security before, and he wouldny never do any bitch # like you said. Just trying to say not all security people are power abusing a-holes.

I hope you can find a good attorney...
and if ever placed in a choke keep your chin down tight! if they are choking you with the right anrm, place your chin where the arm bends at the middle and put your chin down, and your shoulders up...and vise vera if they have you with left arm. (put your chin down in the very small area of space where the elbow bends and breath slow)
edit on 16-1-2011 by ReadyPower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yeah bro, seem like an unwarranted set of actions to say the least. A lawsuit sounds appropriate to me, so I hope you're in that process.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Sorry, I do not want to sound un-simpathetic, but what is your point?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sounds like these bouncers get high on harming others. Its the perfect job for these types. I knew a bouncer who steroided and he was dangerous. He got a high off of inflicting pain to others. He would take any opportunity he found to harm someone in the club.
Why they decided to pick on you I don't know. Wrong place wrong time?
edit on 16-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Sue them. Retaining council seems to be the rational way to proceed.

~Heff

I agree.. I just wish he'd have had the sense to go immediately to the ER.. thats going to factor in. That he waited. Interferes with the medical damages that can be awarded and definitely the punitive if even the victim wasnt injured enough to seek medical attention immediately..

link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why NOT say the name of the bar? I really feel like your friends did not do enough for you, and didn't anyone have a cell phone camera on them? I am sorry that you were abused as such, but what can I say other than come forward with the name of the bar to warn others of the tragedy they also may face by hanging out there.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I wonder if they are TSA agents in training?
I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

What? Icould say more but..What?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I feel for you bud, I mean, I've not been in a situation quite like that but in school some ass put me in a choke hold and wouldn't let go. Big difference, but still. Reading your anecdote really got me pretty angry too. I wish you luck in the case, you may not need it, sounds like something you could win, but in any situation...goodluck! Make those guys/that business pay.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago. A friend of mine (large group of people) got kicked out of the bar and so we were all told to leave. Most of us left, as did I, but I waited ACROSS THE STREET from the bar to wait for a few more people to leave too. Bouncer yells at me to leave, and I told him I was waiting for my ride to leave the bar too (mind you, I was totally minding my business and was not the cause of the original problem).
Bouncer yells again, I remind him I'm on a public sidewalk and across the street and that he's not a cop.

Bouncer comes across the street with a large group of people, proceeds to place his hand around my throat and strangle me, and I don't fight back or anything. I just say to him, "Man, I'm not fighting you, you're 100 pounds bigger than me, and I'm waiting for my ride, what the hell is wrong with you?"

He let's me go, and I begin to walk away when someone in the crowd, perhaps the bouncer, hits be in back of the head and I fall down. The crowd begins to beat me to within an inch of my life (as a doctor later informs me if the weapon they had used to hit my head with had been 1 inch further forward, the blow could have killed me).

Cops eventually arrive, I tell a cop what happened and he tells me I'm stupid and to leave.

I couldn't believe it.

Like you, I wanted to get vengeance, but as I apparently had no legal recourse (lawyers said I had nothing - no witnesses), I began to entertain the idea of hurting the bouncer. It made be so angry that he had almost killed me, and also that he thought he could do something like that and get away with it! In short, I went to a very dark place in my imagination.

Thankfully, I spoke about this with my sister, and she said to me, "Dude, it's not worth it. You could hurt this guy sure, and maybe get away with it. But if you get hurt during the process, or get caught, you could end up going to jail for a long time."

She was right. I decided that someone, someday would hurt this guy, because someday he's going to do it to the wrong person, someone who has nothing to lose. I had everything to lose, and decided to move on.

If you do sue, call the State's liquor control commission and report the incident. The liquor control commissions LOVE these kinds of cases because they can use it to fine the bar, and also you might find out if that bar has similar incidents that have happened before.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would sue the hell out of them say your neck hurts

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

get your gun
dont own a gun? buy one
yada yada yada

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
The crowd begins to beat me to within an inch of my life (as a doctor later informs me if the weapon they had used to hit my head with had been 1 inch further forward, the blow could have killed me).

Cops eventually arrive, I tell a cop what happened and he tells me I'm stupid and to leave.

So, when you are almost dead, did you leave?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jboogienoj
I'm sure my case would be better if I went to the hospital and filled out a police report but who really wants to do all that on a Friday Night?

...a sane person would have had their injuries documented by a hospital or 24hr clinic as well as file a police report... your excuse for not being sensible is that you didnt want to spoil your friday night?...

...this is a joke, right?...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
SUE THE SCUM! no doubt man, sounded really awful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join