It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity - Did you know...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
...that if you choose to be anything other than a Christian you'll suffer eternal damnation in the fiery pits of hell? It's true. It does not matter how good you are or how many orphans you've fed, if you are not a Christian you will not go to heaven! It's written in the Christian bible somewhere!

So I've compiled a surprising list of those who are melting in Satan's lava well.

Every Pope is / was Catholic! Unfortunately Catholics all go to hell.

Yes it's true, Walt Disney was not a Christian, he was an atheist. That means he's strung up-side-down with his head in a bucket of dung beetles forever.

Another Catholic, Mother Teresa is boiling with the rest in the devil's dinner.

Sorry folks, John Merrick the Elephant Man was not a Christian and he had to go to hell. God can be such a pisser sometimes.

No, it can't be! Yes it's true. Gandhi was not a Christian, he was a Hindu. God doesn't care, and now he must pay!

No, not Screamin Jay Hawkins! Sorry folks, Screamin' Jay had no religious beliefs, thus another burning cinder in hell's oven.

And did you know that everyone who died before Christ died went to hell? (This is all merely speculation on my part.) This includes Mary's parents and their parents and so on!

This goes all the way back to Adam and Eve and their kids! It's all really astounding if you think about it. I'm guessing that anyone who died while Jesus lived went to hell as well. If there is any Christian out there who can explain to me what happens in this scenario I am keen for answers.

Now there is one loophole for anyone who dies after Jesus. What is that you ask? Well, if you accept Christ into your heart while you lay on your death bed, no matter how bad you've been, God has to let you into heaven! It's a fact. You can spend your whole life mugging and pissen' in collection plates, then if you confess your sins and accept Jesus as your savior, he has to let you into heaven!

Jeffery Dahmer accepted Jesus into his heart before he died. God must hate that rule.

This is the route that you take if you have any brains at all. Of course there is the risk that you might die unexpectedly. That's the chance you take. Like Tony Mangan says, you only go around once then you're worm food. You'd better enjoy yourself 'cause you ain't commin' back and that's all part of God's great plan. Make sense?

edit on 16-1-2011 by ac3rr because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2011 by ac3rr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
No, I never did.

How interesting!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This 'god' person sounds like a bit of a jerk.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I won't get into the debate of Heaven and Hell, or even attempt to understand what those terms mean in a Biblical context. What I do know is this, the teachings of Christ have been perverted by religion. Religion is fake as it's completely contradictory. But I believe The Bible is the best guideline for this existence we have. One of my favorite verses- Exodus 3:14
13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Forget Catholicism and religion, but don't rule out the teachings of Christ or The Bible. God made spirituality and is spirituality, man made religion.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hm interesting....cant quite determine whether you are being sarcastic or not

As for the whole "everyone went to hell before jesus came"

In the bible, old testement, if you lived by gods law you were rewarded. So

Jesus was the first to come from heaven and to ascend to heaven, they went to hell.

John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jesus saved them afterwards.

So I was tought. I Dont go to church anymore...its all....crap to me.
edit on 16-1-2011 by capgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Thing is those teachings were in an age when most people were very barbaric by todays standards.

I'd think people today know how to live a moral and spiritual life - yet most choose not to. Regardless of whether they call them self christian or not.

I know right from wrong, I may speak out of line occasionally, but my actions never harm anyone. I help where I can, and I have little of my own yet share.

Tell that to the rich people. They don't even care, be they christian or not.

My point is, I agree with you - but we don't need christs teachings to lead us if we are good people to start with.

edit on 16/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
And that is why i know who my Creator is, God i talk to him all the time, i do believe in my Lord, But because i have always Known MAN to be Corrupt and Evil i practice No religion, I Worship My god As i Walk down the Street, And Gaze out across his Beautiful World that he created for us.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Even though your idea and thread is interesting for those that have never asked about it, unfortunately youre wrong about a lot of the stuff you said and I know this because I've asked many devout Christians all those questions scenarios you can imagine... and believe it or not, they have a fairly plausible answer that they are all ok with that doesn't sound any more remotely absurd than any other religion.

I like your sarcasm but they really do have answers that, well, goes along with the other stuff they believe. I'm sure you'll get a lot of ppl on here that will answer everything you just said and if they don't i'll happily tell you what they've told me.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

We all stand under the same God. If you research different beliefs throughout the ages, there are many similarities between the different religions and beliefs, This can be for one reason, "We all stand under the same God." As I was studying crop circles, of all things, I began to realize this. Many of them are based on sacred geometry. As I studied the different designs, I saw symbols from the different religions as well as life itself. That's when it started to connect for me. We are all the same under one common God. The sooner we can realize that, the sooner we can save ourselves.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Unfortunately, eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was what started this whole mess we know as Earth today. Good and evil was never intended for man, just Being.

Genesis 2:16-17 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Genesis 3:4-7 4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Man trying to be like God is at the heart of every problem in the world, and is every problem in the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ehem... God never said that. Men said something along those lines a few thousand years ago, and since then churches have, well... extrapolated.
God is a pretty good friend of mine, and I don't think he would put Gandhi in hell just because he was born into the wrong faith.

By the way... Where did you hear all Catholics go to hell? That one is new to me, and doesn't make much sense since they are the ones who put the bible together in the first place

edit on 1/16/2011 by BobbinHood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Your so full of it,did you not read the christian bible that states jesus went to another religion?
I will let you read it to find out what religion he went to.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

It does not matter how good you are or how many orphans you've fed, if you are not a Christian you will not go to heaven! It's written in the Christian bible somewhere!

Being 'good' will surely keep you out of jail, it takes the blood of Jesus to keep you from hell. God is perfect, therefore His standard is perfection. I don't have my worst enemies over to my house to live, so why do you expect God to?

edit on 17-1-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

...that if you choose to be anything other than a Christian you'll suffer eternal damnation in the fiery pits of hell? It's true. It does not matter how good you are or how many orphans you've fed, if you are not a Christian you will not go to heaven! It's written in the Christian bible somewhere!

Can you please post the verse from the Bible, about that claim of yours, that i highlighted above??

Peace

edit on 17-1-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, I will tell you all like I tell the Christians that come to my door...the NT was made up. At the time of Jesus, there were many writers who were recording the events of the time, bequeathing us with extensive volumes that could fill a library. One of these writers is named Philo. Philo was famous, and he lived during the time of Jesus in Jerusalem, from 20 BCE to 50 CE. Philo was there when Christ made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem. Philo was living right there when Christ was crucified. He was in town when the earthquake, supernatural darkness, and resurrection of the dead took place. Philo was there when Christ himself rose from the dead and, in the presence of many witnesses, ascended into heaven. There were at least 16 crucified saviors in history.
www.infidels.org...

Yet Philo never once mentioned Jesus. Must have been on the other side of town.

"Shocking as it may seem to the general populace, the most enduring and profound controversy in this subject is whether or not a person named Jesus Christ ever really existed." "Basically, there are no non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any known historian of the time during and after Jesus' purported advent. Walker says, "No literate person of his own time mentioned him in any known writing."

Quote Source

and....

In 2003 Joseph Atwill discovered that the Roman emperor Titus Flavius, working with Flavius Josephus and other authors in his patrimony wrote the New Testament. Atwill deduced this by comparing The 'Judean War' to the New Testament. The 'Judean War', written by Flavius Josephus, was originally part of the Christian Bible, and was removed around 1100 CE. 'The Roman Origin of Christianity', released as 'Caesar's Messiah' by Joseph Atwill documents the creation of the New Testament as a Roman satire devised to win over Judean dissidents by deceiving them into believing that the emperor Titus Flavius Vespasiani was Jesus! I know, it sounds strange, but that seems to be the way it was. Titus took great pleasure in calling himself "the greatest forger in history."

There are now several million persons who know about the Piso Theory, Atwill's book and the true authorship of the New Testament. This page is dedicated to the ongoing discussion, discovery and presentation of deductive proofs that establish, as much as possible, the authorship and motives for the creation of the New Testament.

The True Authorship of the New Testament

FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS WAS REALLY ARRIUS PISO

The Origin of Hell

Defination of "hell"

So, there you have it. It's all made up to control you, and it works, don't it? You will only go to Hell, if your believe in it. Do you believe in it? Then enjoy it.

top topics

join