It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

questions for creationists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

1. If god created the universe 6000 years ago, how can we see stars more than 6000 light years away?
No, God created the Universe 15 billion years ago, I can explain that

2. Why did god create HIV, AIDS, and Cancer?
Well when he doles out some wrath he does make things like this, I believe he made more than a few pestilences in the bible.
According to a certain prophet (who is still not 100% credible to me) Aids was made because of something bad that happened in central Africa.

3. Why would he create the Earth knowing that, without a doubt, it would come to a fiery demise?
I believe he is looking to populate heaven with lots of Good nice souls, Earth is a sort of brewing pot to get at least some good ones.

4. Why do you disregard some bible stories as impossible, but model you're view of life off of others?
Well personally I believe the bible is heavily modified, and also there is a distinct division between "The Children of Israel" and Christians and the laws each must follow, Christians will make up a sort of lower class hence why our laws are more relaxed but we will be much more numerous.
Which stories are you referring to specifically?

5. Why do you call anything unexplainable in the bible evil?
Well in my case I don't, but in others I imagine its because it threatens their ideas on the bible.

6. Why do you wrack your brains searching for reasons that blatant scientific facts are false, just to prove that your 2000 year old book written by an anonymous author is correct?
This annoys me no end! "Dr Dino" bleh!

7. If you were born without ever hearing of religion, then picked up and read a book called the bible, would you take the stories as truth?
I would have to say no.

8. Do you really, truthfully believe in all of your answers to the previous 7 questions?
Yes

edit on 1-3-2011 by SirMarkth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

There is absolutely no Scriptural proof for man having "free will" or the ability to make "uncaused choices". In every case Scripture shows that it is God who is behind the scene of all circumstances that influence and cause a man to make the one and only choice possible under any circumstance. God states that it is not the foolishness of this world that is stupid, but it is the wisdom of this world that is stupid to God. One of the most philosophical and theological pieces of wisdom that is universally agreed upon in this world, is the belief that man possesses free will. Free will has never been scientifically or spiritually proven. (L.Ray Smith)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
First I'll tell you what a Christian will say.

1. When God created the universe, he placed light from all those stars close enough to the earth so humans could admire his beautiful creation.
2. God did no create those or any disease. The sin of man did.
3. Because man has free will, and his sin is the reason the earth will burn.
4. Most will say they think nothing in the Bible is impossible, but rather an example of God's power and something to model your life after.
5. Not sure what you mean.
6. Because the Bible is the word of God himself and can never be disproved.
7. I cannot say. Every person is born with a conscious and a choice to chose whether or not they accept Christ. In another body, I'd be given the same opportunity.
8. Yes, 100 percent without a doubt.

Secondly, every one of the answers is extremely flawed and non-sensible. However, you'll never convince a strong Christian otherwise. They will take faith over reason any day.

How do you know the Bible is the word of God, himself, and can never be disproved? Were you there when God wrote it or spoke it? Were the authors of the books of the Bible there when God spoke it or wrote it?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Please remember that God does discipline those who mislead....remember that my friend. Why are you calling the OP a moron? Is that part of your christian character? And, many, if not most of fundamentalist christians believe the earth to be only 6000 years old.

I am not understanding your attitude toward the OP, could you explain?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
  1. The Bible says that God created the world as we know it about 6000 years ago. It gives no date for the creation of the Universe, nor does it say exactly how old the planet is (other than it is older than 6000 years, since it already existed at the time of the Genesis Creation).

2. God did not create AIDS, cancer, etc. AIDS is a virus, defined as a semi-living organism as opposed to a living organism (a virus does not exhibit all the signs of life unless and until it enters a living cell). Cancer is a malfunction of the growth regulation in the body, which cause is presently unknown to science. One can no more attribute the creation of cancer to God than one may attribute damage to a Taurus in an accident to Ford Motor Co.

3. We have no proof that the Earth will come to a fiery end... scientists hypothesize that, as the sun expends its energy. In any case, I do not consider myself intelligent enough to answer a question such as that; ask me again when I am (if I ever am) able to create a blade of grass. Or even when the top scientist on the planet can do such.

4. Specifics, please? Which Bible stories am I claiming are impossible?

5. Again, specifics, please?

6. I do not wrack my brain trying to find reasons the Bible is true. I do not attempt to disprove any scientific discoveries I see as credible. I do try to disprove those things I see as incredible (dark matter, dark energy, Anthropogenic Global Warming, macro-evolution). That type of skepticism is the driving force behind science.

7. Probably not at first. But truth has this way of prevailing to an open mind. There are a myriad of questions for which science has no reasonable answers, and most if not all of them do have reasonable answers in the Bible (when read with understanding and taken in context).

8. Yes!

Now, a simple question to you: why is it you feel so threatened by something that you would spend your valuable time trying to disprove it on an Internet forum, when you obviously consider it nothing more than a "2000 year old book by an anonymous author"?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join