It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
No, God created the Universe 15 billion years ago, I can explain that
1. If god created the universe 6000 years ago, how can we see stars more than 6000 light years away?
Well when he doles out some wrath he does make things like this, I believe he made more than a few pestilences in the bible.
2. Why did god create HIV, AIDS, and Cancer?
I believe he is looking to populate heaven with lots of Good nice souls, Earth is a sort of brewing pot to get at least some good ones.
3. Why would he create the Earth knowing that, without a doubt, it would come to a fiery demise?
Well personally I believe the bible is heavily modified, and also there is a distinct division between "The Children of Israel" and Christians and the laws each must follow, Christians will make up a sort of lower class hence why our laws are more relaxed but we will be much more numerous.
4. Why do you disregard some bible stories as impossible, but model you're view of life off of others?
Well in my case I don't, but in others I imagine its because it threatens their ideas on the bible.
5. Why do you call anything unexplainable in the bible evil?
This annoys me no end! "Dr Dino" bleh!
6. Why do you wrack your brains searching for reasons that blatant scientific facts are false, just to prove that your 2000 year old book written by an anonymous author is correct?
I would have to say no.
7. If you were born without ever hearing of religion, then picked up and read a book called the bible, would you take the stories as truth?
8. Do you really, truthfully believe in all of your answers to the previous 7 questions?
Originally posted by Raelsatu
First I'll tell you what a Christian will say.
1. When God created the universe, he placed light from all those stars close enough to the earth so humans could admire his beautiful creation.
2. God did no create those or any disease. The sin of man did.
3. Because man has free will, and his sin is the reason the earth will burn.
4. Most will say they think nothing in the Bible is impossible, but rather an example of God's power and something to model your life after.
5. Not sure what you mean.
6. Because the Bible is the word of God himself and can never be disproved.
7. I cannot say. Every person is born with a conscious and a choice to chose whether or not they accept Christ. In another body, I'd be given the same opportunity.
8. Yes, 100 percent without a doubt.
Secondly, every one of the answers is extremely flawed and non-sensible. However, you'll never convince a strong Christian otherwise. They will take faith over reason any day.