It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a ghost? (picture)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thanks for posting it is an interesting picture. I cant really say what the "mist" is but I question if a portion of the illumination of it isn't coming from the dodge truck across the street or possibly a vehicle parked around the corner in the neighbors drive to the left of the picture. The reason I ask is there is a difinite stripe on the tree running horizonally. but the reflection would make the mist to the laft more promanate than the mist to the center of the picture. good picture

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Do you have photoshop or a photo editing program?

Heck, does anyone reading this thread have it?

IF so, could they try applying some filters to the image - see if it enhances the mist at all?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

I ran it on serif with various filters, it does enhabce it some but it washes out more than enhance. That is why I was tying part of it to the morning sun

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theviking727

thank you guys for looking at the photo. feel free to enhance it any way you can if there is a way to figure it out. I put it in mspaint and set it to "negative" and it seemed to enhance it a little. But at the time i was sitting on the porch and i took the picture before 7am and i did not see any vehicles that were running that would produce this type of mist. i am trying to convince myself that it is fog but it was not foggy this morning and i really just have no explanation for it. I would love for someone to figure it out so that i can stop obsessing lol. i am still pretty freaked out about it. If any of you can enhance it and make it look better please post it here and see what others think.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ive got CS5. I'll run it through some of the filters and see what it comes up with.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I ran it through various filters in CS5. Gamma offset,negative correction filters, BW filter as well as warming filters. Looking at the photo there were so other areas of interest. In the middle of the photo it looks like a head and shoulders. you can make out the general symmetry of the face as well as an eye.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit on 17-1-2011 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Interesting pics, especially now they've been manipulated to get different ways of looking at that thanks to the above poster.

I really have no idea what it could be, I think I'd rule out double negatives, smoke, fog or exhaling. It's pretty interesting you mentioned your dad's passing (sorry to hear that by the way) but I'd guess that you ran inside after taking the first image due to the shock of seeing the mist closer than before and right there as hard evidence on your phone rather than a mind trick.

Otherwise, have you felt an interest or felt compelled to look out at that particular part of the yard? I'm not gonna spout off some pro-ghost crap because who knows and there'd be no evidence one way or the other to prove it was a spirit but it all just adds up to me as a sort of reassurance rather than something sinister.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nice picture :O

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Staysay29

Don't be afraid, they will not hurt you. They are empaths, they FEEL you, be nice and you get nice in return. This is your photograph inverted.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I have many of these entities as permanent house guest, they are comforting to have around. With a highlighter and a little work, their images can be clarified.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
At first glance. Looks like the pic was taken inside the house and those are the reflections of the drapes, also that pic has distortion on the rest of the window while the other doesn't.

Who knows. But thats what I see.

This is exactly what I thought. You can see in the first pic that it's taken from inside the house, the pic is hazy because of the glass, and the 'ghost' looks exactly like the reflection of a curtain. The second pic is much clearer so appears to have been taken from the other side of the glass.

Either way, I'm not sure that I'd be shocked and shaken from having taken a picture of what ultimately looks like smoke.

Tip - Don't look for things where they're not!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Staysay29

I think that's from you camera. The picture quality is real grainy and the yellow tinge is washed over the whole pic. Look at the motor home and it's detail, the wipers, the marking detail along the side of the motor home. In the clear pic you can easily see the windshield wipers on the motor home but the quality of the other pic you can't even make them out or some of the other detail. It's very defined in the clear pic. I'm thinking maybe something in the color processing, shutter speed, internal lense reflection etc. The quality between the two pics are night and day and the yellow color wash is all over. JMHO. Cool pic though.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelLily

the op clearly stated both photos were taken from outside the house
i also these things usually out of the corner of my eye

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Picture #1 with the ghost in it is quite out of focus.
Picture #2 ghostless is quite well focused

Both were taken from almost exactly the same point (check the roof corner, slightly different in angle). Nothing moved in the lapse, except light in the sky.

So--

It should be light. Out of focus mobile phone pictures can catch light in certainly singular forms. I personally have caught rays in my hands in the morning. Pale-red rays.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadStarState
Definantly take the picture from outside facing into the house.

Looks like an overexposure.

Is not, if you've ever developed film and likewise used digital, it's apparent that overexposure is not the case here, as long as this photo was taken from a cell phone.

Digital overexposure is a uniform lift, not subject to a particular object or area.

Question is, was this taken from inside and reflecting curatins? Possibly.

But I notice more green haze throughout the fram as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Whatever it is, its a cool pic. Are you a smoker? also, what was the temp. like when the pic was taken?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join