It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DaVinci Code is EVIL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ok, I saw this article here and it struck me as awfully funny,

www.nctimes.com...

"The reason for dismay is the novel's claim of factual grounding for its contention that fraud underlies the New Testament, and Christian history and doctrine. Scholars belatedly realized that people might be taking those charges seriously."

Now look, I have not read the book but I would suppose that people would understand that it is just a book and that many of the information is based on factual speculation and legends rather than fact. It's just like Fahrenheit 9/11, people see it and if it dosen't agree with their point of view they think no one should read/see it. No matter how controversial the book is, it is still just a book and the author has twisted what facts that are involved to make the story more interesting. But oh well.... as long as we keep suing McDonalds for making us fat and putting instructions on toothpicks then we are just gonna be stupid.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What is The DaVinci Code ?? I've seen loads about it but never actually understood what it is

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It is a great book! Got to take some with a grain of salt, but otherwise I thought a good book.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And the Bible isn't a bunch of cryptic mythology? When you base a book like the DaVinci code on a book like the bible (another work of fiction IMO), I think its ok to base fiction on fiction.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
Now look, I have not read the book but I would suppose that people would understand that it is just a book and that many of the information is based on factual speculation and legends rather than fact. It's just like Fahrenheit 9/11, people see it and if it dosen't agree with their point of view they think no one should read/see it. No matter how controversial the book is, it is still just a book and the author has twisted what facts that are involved to make the story more interesting. But oh well.... as long as we keep suing McDonalds for making us fat and putting instructions on toothpicks then we are just gonna be stupid.

Well, actually F/11 is being touted as all fact. Which it really isn't.
While, Davinci Code is fiction that people are taking as fact.

I read his other book, Angels & Demons and was not terribly impressed. I know I wouldn't take anything he said as based on fact unless I knew it were true, or I could verify it elsewhere. I still plan to read TDC, as soon as my turn comes at my local library.

Although I am no big fan of the Catholic Church and I think the Bible is basically moral stories, I feel he has an negative agenda with the Church. He is not impartial, at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
What is The DaVinci Code ?? I've seen loads about it but never actually understood what it is

Stuey, you've been here a couple of months. I'd say it's time to acquaint yourself with the search function, located where it is easy to find at the top of this page. (fourth button from the left!!!)
There's been lots posted about TDC and similar topics.

Happy reading!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Da Vinci code?? Isnt that about Jesus marrying Mary Magadalene, having children?? From the children came the blood line of the European royal families???

Thats a load of steaming **** and its the same **** that is taught at most higher level mystery societies. It is a LIE. Jesus never had children. If he did it would have been recorded.

One of the greatest ironies is that people deny Jesus as Messiah and then deny the bible, but if they at least contemplate the possibility that Jesus is the son of God (and that there is a GOD) then wouldnt this GOD who created everything, including YOU AND ME, be able to tell the truth about his son from the bible, and keep that book correct?? If Jesus is the means of salvation, why would God let his son die for the sins of the world , but then leave out CRITICAL stuff from the very story that teaches the ways of the Messiah Christ Jesus??

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Da Vinci code?? Isnt that about Jesus marrying Mary Magadalene, having children?? From the children came the blood line of the European royal families???

Thats a load of steaming **** and its the same **** that is taught at most higher level mystery societies. It is a LIE. Jesus never had children. If he did it would have been recorded.

One of the greatest ironies is that people deny Jesus as Messiah and then deny the bible, but if they at least contemplate the possibility that Jesus is the son of God (and that there is a GOD) then wouldnt this GOD who created everything, including YOU AND ME, be able to tell the truth about his son from the bible, and keep that book correct?? If Jesus is the means of salvation, why would God let his son die for the sins of the world , but then leave out CRITICAL stuff from the very story that teaches the ways of the Messiah Christ Jesus?? What would God want to hide anyway?? Would God hide that from the very plan of salvation?? And why would he do that after his son died and suffered the penalty for the sins of the world??

Da Vinci code is more **** that is basically put out there to sow DOUBT and to accuse and discredit the testimony and life of Jesus Christ. The fact that people watch it and believe it, or even considers it shows that this generation is the one that deserves such lies as they have so thoroughly REJECTED the TRUTH!!

If you dont believe then thats cool you have a choice. But dont then attack and dismiss it. Da Vinci was an occultist, involved in sorcery and many other things. He wasnt a saint!! Why would anyone even consider anything he has to say ?? Thats like someone listening to a modern day artist and believing their stories about any other religion. Would you trust in Tom Cruise if he told you that Jesus was an alien hybrid and we should all join the church of scientology??

To make my point, this isnt hard to get or understand. The truth from God SHINES in the darkness, it is not the truth that is some SECRET, kept from everybody. Gods plan of salvation and truth is for all of us, and its in the bible in the gospels and thats the whole deal. There is nothing hidden or secret.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
ok so the Da Vinci code can join Harry Potter the Wizard of Oz, The Masons,
The KoP, the PTA and depending on who's list you are looking at Catholics,
Protestants, Lutherans, etc,etc,etc, on the list of being evil, satanic,demonic,
or what ever the particular term of the day is.
the bible has been changed so many times it s validity is questionable at best.
this article is the most recent example,
www.worldnetdaily.com...

( if anyone can locate anything showing this as a hoax please let me know)

as an aside, god didn't write the bible men did. all of whom had their own agenda.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm reading it right now, and let me say that this book is overhyped!

There's some good work of storytelling, there's no doubt on that, but it's so badly written and full of francophobic stereotypes (the "Fache" character being the most gross illustration of the French man... and no, nobody that lives in Paris likes the Eiffel Tower!:@@
. After reading through like 100 pages, this books seems like being just a "xtra lite" version of the "Foucault Pendulum" from Umberto Eco, as Eco's novel was much more well crafted and nuanced, and is based on an historical knowledge base that is a hundred times more exhaustive and captivating. The Da Vinci Code reads like a trendy scenario that cries out for a Hollywood studio to buy its rights and make it for a 2005 or 2006 release into theaters...

And there's all this religious/spiritual propaganda directly inspired from the Talmud and the kabbal... Christ being a pagan messiah, son of Mary and a roman centurion, had a brother who was quite forgotten by history, married and had childrens with Mary Magdalena, and his childrens were the seeds of the european royal families. But all of this is deceptive crap created by old gnostic/hermetic societies as a device to lure Christians out of the traditional belief. It would not surprise me that the autor would be involved into an esoteric society -which would explain his tendency to portray secret societies as the good guys and the Catholic Church as the nasty, idiotic bad guys (of course bad guys always HAVE to be less intelligent than the good guys...)-, he's probably with the masons, or even something more secret...

Still worth reading... but take it with a grain of salt. The book is filled with exaggerations and alterations -like the unorthodox practices of self-mutilation of the Opus Dei, as an instance-, but then again lies (or half-truths) are what makes a book a great book!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

One of the greatest ironies is that people deny Jesus as Messiah and then deny the bible, but if they at least contemplate the possibility that Jesus is the son of God (and that there is a GOD) then wouldnt this GOD who created everything, including YOU AND ME, be able to tell the truth about his son from the bible, and keep that book correct?? If Jesus is the means of salvation, why would God let his son die for the sins of the world , but then leave out CRITICAL stuff from the very story that teaches the ways of the Messiah Christ Jesus??

How can you claim to know anything about Jesus? Cause the bible told you so? Give me a break. You don�t even know his real name. The fact is we don't know a lot about the man we called Jesus. Over half of his life is shrouded in mystery. All we "know about " is from birth to 5 years of age and form 30 until he died. So don't feed me that crap that "Jesus never had children. If he did it would have been recorded." We can't even figure out what he did during his coming of age.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by Stuey1221

Stuey, you've been here a couple of months. I'd say it's time to acquaint yourself with the search function, located where it is easy to find at the top of this page. (fourth button from the left!!!)
There's been lots posted about TDC and similar topics.

Happy reading!

And a very enjoyable couple of months
i consider my backside well and truly kicked

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

How can you claim to know anything about Jesus? Cause the bible told you so? Give me a break. You don�t even know his real name. The fact is we don't know a lot about the man we called Jesus. Over half of his life is shrouded in mystery. All we "know about " is from birth to 5 years of age and form 30 until he died. So don't feed me that crap that "Jesus never had children. If he did it would have been recorded." We can't even figure out what he did during his coming of age.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by DaTruth]

Have you ever read The Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S? It's relates the stories of the "pre-Christ christs" and gives a ton of evidence that the Son of God was really the sun of god.

In my opinion, the historical reality of Christ isn't as important as his teachings. I feel it would be stupid to say that if the story in The Bible isn't real that Christianity is a "bogus" religion.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Word, Biggie. It's the story that matters the most, not if Jesus the Nazarene was in fact from Tyr and that Mary had another son from

And for that story about the "Sun of God" -Horus is his name-, although some things in the story of his life on Earth are very similar to that of the Nazarene, he was hailed as a god hundreds of years before Christ and nothing actually proves that the story of the jewish Messiah that is Christ was just a rip-off from the Egyptian god. One thing that brings down this theory, too, is that Egyptian gods were still largely known under the Roman empire and in Middle-East (there was still a cult to Isis in ancient Rome), and if a bunch of

It's true that the New Testament has relatively superficial information on the life of Jesus, as it's concentrating more on His teachings and miracles than on the more down-to-earth facts on his life, but there's no way I'm gonna buy that the New Testament is a big lie, of a rip-off from something else! Not that I find it offensive for my Faith... it's just that it does'nt make sense. No conspiracy as huge as this one can exist, not in a 2000 years! Only gods could do something as perfect, as effective, but then again why would'nt they have just created a religion for themselves instead creating a fake religion at the image of... someone else???
That's rubbish!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Word, Biggie. It's the story that matters the most, not if Jesus the Nazarene was in fact from Tyr and that Mary had another son from

And for that story about the "Sun of God" -Horus is his name-, although some things in the story of his life on Earth are very similar to that of the Nazarene, he was hailed as a god hundreds of years before Christ and nothing actually proves that the story of the jewish Messiah that is Christ was just a rip-off from the Egyptian god. One thing that brings down this theory, too, is that Egyptian gods were still largely known under the Roman empire and in Middle-East (there was still a cult to Isis in ancient Rome), and if a bunch of

It's true that the New Testament has relatively superficial information on the life of Jesus, as it's concentrating more on His teachings and miracles than on the more down-to-earth facts on his life, but there's no way I'm gonna buy that the New Testament is a big lie, of a rip-off from something else! Not that I find it offensive for my Faith... it's just that it does'nt make sense. No conspiracy as huge as this one can exist, not in a 2000 years! Only gods could do something as perfect, as effective, but then again why would'nt they have just created a religion for themselves instead creating a fake religion at the image of... someone else???
That's rubbish!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

One thing that brings down this theory, too, is that Egyptian gods were still largely known under the Roman empire and in Middle-East (there was still a cult to Isis in ancient Rome), and if a bunch of...

...and if a bunch of sick, deceptive storytellers would have tried to make up a brand new messianic story ripped-off from the story of Horus, then that would have shown, and would have hardly made it's way to Rome.

Sorry, Opera has some problems with this site...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The co-opting of previous religion has always been the expediant way to gain adherents. Early Christianity was practicaly a carbon-copy of Egyptian Mystism. The whole point of The DaVinci Code is that the original message has been perverted to suit the needs of the ruling elite, in this case; The Vatican.

I too appreciated the book as a novel with some little insite into the heresies of the Church. I also agree that Eco's book, Falcault's Pendulum, was better.

ANYONEthat takes-up thier King James Bible, or ANY other version for that matter, and holds it to be the literal "Word of God," is a nieve fool! Wake up! Read! Be informed! Deny ignorance!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
quote:

--------

Ok thats my point in a nutshell buddie. You either BELIEVE it or YOU DONT. And the ONLY method of beliieving in READING THE BIBLE! So why would God leave out stuff?? If God made EVERYTHING, cant he keep his word right, seeing as its the means for eternal life and salvation??? If you think of it differently for a split second, lets say the bible is true and jesus is the son of God right...then why would God leave something like that..only for it to be found out...and cause massive controversy?? There is nothing wrong with Jesus having children, but that was not why he came to us, that was not his mission or destiny. also please pay attention to the occultic source to this. occult is hidden whereas the truth shines in the darkness.

Its about FAITH. The Gospels are the testimony and story of Jesus the Christ, his life and death in the flesh. Believe it or dont believe it, but dont trouse me for believing in a book thats been around roughly 2000 years LONGER than both of us!

[edit on 11-7-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
The DaVinci Code is EVIL!

Greetings Brethren and Fellows,

A quote from the Masonic Ritual of the Rose-Croix... 'Evil is the veil of terror hiding the beautiful countenance of Truth'

I agree with that statement, and therefore I am obligated to agree with the title of your thread.

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

quote:

If you think of it differently for a split second, lets say the bible is true and jesus is the son of God right...then why would God leave something like that..only for it to be found out...and cause massive controversy?? There is nothing wrong with Jesus having children, but that was not why he came to us, that was not his mission or destiny. also please pay attention to the occultic source to this. occult is hidden whereas the truth shines in the darkness.

Its about FAITH. The Gospels are the testimony and story of Jesus the Christ, his life and death in the flesh. Believe it or dont believe it, but dont trouse me for believing in a book thats been around roughly 2000 years LONGER than both of us!

[edit on 11-7-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

Perhaps you might be interested to know that there is a huge amount of controversy, which is why we have hundreds of different Christian denominations, who all believe in different things. And while it would be correct to say that Christianity has been around for (roughly) 2000 years, the Bible as we know it most certainly has not. The much revered King James Version of the Bible was not even the first complete English translation. Unless I am mistaken, that honor would fall to The Great Bible, printed by Myles Coverdale in 1535, which includes 7 more books than most current Bibles. Even now, in 2004, all branches of Christianity do not even agree which books, let alone which translation, should be definitive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join