It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock star hopes his music is blasted at Bush officials in jail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Rock star hopes his music is blasted at Bush officials in jail

www.rawstory.com

An American rock musician and human rights activist is still holding out for the Bush administration to receive some justice, including that of the poetic variety.

"[H]opefully in the not-too-distant future, when the war criminals of the Bush administration are brought to trial and are one day wearing their yellow jumpsuits and black hoods, it'll be the music of Rage Against the Machine that is pumped into their cells 24 hours a day," Tom Morello, the lead guitarist of Rage Against The Machine, said in a recent interview.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interesting interview and commentary.

So the former guitarist for the very outspoken Rage Against The Machine, notorious for their contempt for gov corruption, has some direct words for the Bush cabal.

Evidently one of the approved torture techniques was to blast RATM's music at the detainees for up to 72 hours straight, to coerce admission of guilt for whatever they might be being held for. The group was actually SO opposed to this that they actually took the government to court over it (although they did not win their case).

Morello says it is his hope that one day Bush, Cheney and the rest of the War Criminals of the admin will have the same music blasted at them when they are behind bars in jumpsuits, haha. Wishful thinking imho, as this current admin and congress is every bit, if not even moreso corrupt, and has shown ZERO desire to investigate the previous ones, because they are carrying on all of the same policies to a tee.

But hey, the world can dream of such a day when criminals at the top are held accountable for their atrocities against humanity...And nice to hear someone with a large audience base speak out.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Putz.

I really don't think that those in the music world have any business telling the general population about the right or wrong doings on govt officials or the govt in general.
Just because they have a platform to do so, does not make them any more right or wrong. Same goes for Hollywood types as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Gotta love it when people try to make celebrities; whether movie, television, or music; sound important in any way. The reason why they are celebrities is because they are entertainers, like court jesters. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thanks for posting, Tom is one of the best musicians out there if not the best guitarist!
I agree with just about everything he is saying n this video.
The world would be a better place if people would just listen to Tom

star n flag for you

edit on 16-1-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Gotta love it when people try to make celebrities; whether movie, television, or music; sound important in any way. The reason why they are celebrities is because they are entertainers, like court jesters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Are news reporters and political pundits any less entertainers than musicians and actors?

Do you really believe it makes a difference?

Everyone has their beliefs, and when given a voice they will usually express that opinion. You are posting your opinion here on ATS, are you not?

Instead of resorting to attacking the messenger, take time to listen to what he might have to say.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If the objective is to make detainees uncomfortable then blast crap like nickelback at them. That would quickly tear down any person and make grown men cry in seconds.

brill

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So by that measure, you should certainly shut your mouth andnever say anything, since you're just a little podunk citizen?

Face it; you only want him to shut it 'cause he disagrees with you.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Reminds me of Panama...

rock music and general noriega - operation just cause

music as torture/music as weapon

First coming to mainstream attention in 1989, when US troops blared loud music in an effort to induce Panamanian president Manuel Norriega’s surrender, the use of “acoustic bombardment” has become standard practice on the battlefields of Iraq, and specifically musical bombardment has joined sensory deprivation and sexual humiliation as among the non-lethal means by which prisoners from Abu Ghraib to Guantanamo may be coerced to yield their secrets without violating US law.

edit on 16-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Nickelback? Nah. Nickelback is too good for them.

LET THEM HAVE CREED!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by macman

So by that measure, you should certainly shut your mouth andnever say anything, since you're just a little podunk citizen?

Face it; you only want him to shut it 'cause he disagrees with you.

Nope, he has every right to voice his opinion. And no, I won't shut my mouth. My point is that people to often put musicians and movie stars on a pedestal of the higher learned then that of their neighbor.
I really don't care if he says something that I disagree with or not, that is not the point.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

News reporters that go beyond reporting the news, and pundits I classify as television entertainers. I have heard Morello's rantings, and have considered what he has to say. That doesn't mean I place any more importance on what he has to say than any other person I've heard voice their opinion. Just because someone can play a musical instrument or memorize some lines of text doesn't make them any more of a political expert than the guy making sandwiches down the street at Subway.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I can certainly understand why he would be offended when they are using his music to violate
principles that he values. That is messed up. But I also believe he is every bit a part of the problem.
He is making his fortune off of the very machine he is raging against. Not only that, but his music
is low frequency..low vibration.(anything that has a heavy overtone of anger is going to be without question).
It might rev you up and get you going, but where will it lead you? Sound is incredibly important and it
affects us in a multitude of ways. Rage Against the Machine may not not agree with our government but
they're contribution is questionable as well. After all, what does that say about your music when someone
uses it to torture another human being?
edit on 16-1-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

lol ^_^ that is great.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/1/2011 by Sauron because: Mod Note and warn

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by brill

Nickelback? Nah. Nickelback is too good for them.

LET THEM HAVE CREED!

Geneva Conventions are put forward for a reason.
Have a heart.

brill
edit on 16-1-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm pretty sure Tom Morello knows more about the constitution than 99% of politicians, media sheep or your neighbors. Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

So what are you saying? That the views and opinions of celebrities dont really matter or are of a lesser value than our officials and politicians??

Well, from the look of the politicians lately, I think Beavis and Butthead are smarter and more competent then most of them. I'll take a celebrity over a politician ANY DAY to lead the country or hear their views or opinion.

I'd take a freaking CARTOON CHARACTER over some of these BUM politicians.

SO what again are you trying to say about celebrities? EH? You'll have your hands full just trying to come up with a valid and convincing argument to support a politician over Beavis and Butthead, not to mention a real life celebrity!!

edit on 16-1-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So, you'd rather the general population listen to the corrupt MSM and their lies?

I hope you're including people such as Ted Nugent and Toby Keith as well. Don't forget, both Arnold and Ronnie were big Hollywood stars.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
reply to post by macman

I'm pretty sure Tom Morello knows more about the constitution than 99% of politicians, media sheep or your neighbors. Just sayin'.

Why, because he says he does on an interview? I trust my neighbor over him any day of the week.
He is a musician. He has a bias in this as he is referencing his band to be used. To me, he is just shilling out his music. Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong. Just he has money to earn now that he has thrown in his opinion and the idea to use his product.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join