It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall On Tylenol, Sudafed and Benadryl - J&J Products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Thought I should share this information so that we are all aware. Johnson&Johnson has had troubles with recalls occurring over the last few years and this one is a result of inefficient cleaning procedures.
Here is a link to specific products recalled PDF: Product List

(Reuters) - Johnson & Johnson faulted lax cleaning procedures and other problems at a manufacturing plant behind massive recalls of medicines like Tylenol, and said it was recalling nearly 50 million more bottles and packages of consumer medicines.

The healthcare company's reputation has been tarnished by repeated recalls totaling nearly 200 million bottles in the last year and it could face criminal charges from the U.S. Department of Justice.

Johnson & Johnson is now recalling bottles and packages of various kinds of Tylenol, Benadryl, Rolaids and other consumer products, it said on Friday.

The company said it recalled nearly 43 million bottles of Tylenol 8 Hour, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Upper Respiratory, Benadryl, Sudafed PE and Sinutab.
Additionally, nearly 4 million bottles, rolls and packages of Rolaids were recalled.
The company last month recalled all batches of Softchews Rolaids produced by an outside manufacturer after people found wood and metal bits in the tablets.

www.reuters.com...
The FDA has already investigated J&J and found this:

But according to FDA investigators, a recent inspection conducted from Oct. 27 through Dec. 9 still revealed problems, most notably, a failure to properly follow customer complaints. An inspection report released Wednesday also made the following observations:
Control procedures that monitor the output and validate the performance of the manufacturing processes are not established.
There is a failure to thoroughly review any unexplained discrepancy and failure of a batch or any of its components.
Records are not maintained that would allow data to be reviewed at least annually to evaluate the quality standards.
Investigations of a discrepancy and a failure of a batch or any of its components did not extend to other batches of the same drug product and other drug products that may have been associated with the specific failure or discrepancy.
Written records are not always made of investigations into unexplained discrepancies.
The responsibilities and procedures applicable to the quality control in it are not fully followed.
See full article from DailyFinance: srph.it...

www.dailyfinance.com...

Just a heads up for those using these products

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It was once thought man could live on bread and water but even these are infected with chemicals etc, the food makes us sick and now the treatment makes us worse, one way to drop the population yet again.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't trust any company who's spokesperson talks about the company being eco-friendly, when all of it's products are in plastic containers. Hello.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I think you will find that *eco* these days means economy

Just another change of words to go into the next dictionary to bamboozle the youth. Remember when gay just meant to be happy. Ask anyone under the age of 20 and they wont believe it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Also posted here www.abovetopsecret.com... in case you didn't see it or want to read the comments there...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks for the heads up. An unfortunate side effect of being such a large site, is that posts disappear into the cyber no mans land so quickly.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i thought that there was also something to do with the synthetic pain-relievers that these products contained...

such that if yo took over the counter tyLenol's, and benAdril's, and even some other products
that you would be overdosing on the pain product (ibuprophen or acetomenophen ??)
and damage your liver irrepairably..

i thought that the sanitation issue was just a cover story ?
until mass instruction was given to the public about taking 3-4-or-5 of these OTC products at once.

correct me if i'm wrong
edit on 16-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

Hey squizzy, agreed, when it comes to money, we so often are secondary concerns.
"Eco?" Now that's funny, the new economy coin phrase, their gonna love it!

reply to post by Iamschist

Maybe they made too much noise like the frito lay bags they switched back from

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks for the heads up Lucidity

Thanks for the comments guys!

spec

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

and yet again the public in general miss the point. Why do they take these medications? It does not cure the problem that they have it only masks or alleviates the symptoms it NEVER cures the problem that caused the symptoms in the first place. The medical profession treat symptoms it has yet to treat the cause. Funny how they so easily get our money off us without actually repairing the problem that caused the pain.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Hey ST. Udio, I think both premises are correct and it was/is the acetaminophen that has caused so much trouble. The sanitation issue being a coverup could very well be true, sounds better that "we need better sanitation" than ""we purposely put risky ingredients in our products" and will deal with it later.
Here's a link supporting the sanitary issue and it claims the medicine smelled old and moldy/musty.
www.csmonitor.com...

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

The medical profession treat symptoms it has yet to treat the cause. Funny how they so easily get our money off us without actually repairing the problem that caused the pain.

Exactly, this is where the problems start, then of course there is lifestyle choices too. But slaves don't have much time to get informed about their health and make better(costly too) decisions about their diet and lifestyle. Gotta work, tend to family and pretend everything's gonna be okay.

spec

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Surely it does not take too much intelligence to work out the fact that if you are ill something is causing it, be it your lifestyle or environment if only people would stop being like sheep and believing the media and just try for themselves to do a process of elimination they may find their lives a little easier. Costly I admit or more hard work involved, sure has hell is hard work digging your own veggie patch lol but at least you know what the food is actually grown in and fed with.
It is also so very hard to get hold of unadulterated foods, seeds etc these days but not impossible. Guess you can work out I dont like big pharma etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

Big Pahrma? Don't even get me going

I think the answers are there, we just need to incorporate them into our lives. But your premise about addressing the symptoms and not the cause is the modality for Western medicine and changing that will be monumental because of the lost profits involved. I am pretty investigative and I do pay attention to these things and make the necessary changes, but I worry about people who don't educate themselves and are tired of hearing bad news, so they go on living reactionary lifestyles. Can't help everyone I guess, but sharing info is important to me.

spec
edit on 16-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I too investigate at great lengths and experiment with *natural* things and am sometimes amazed at how quickly and easily things improve.
I also have noticed how the *safe* levels for blood sugars and cholesterol have been lowered in recent years, especially here in England. At one time if your cholesterol was below 6 you were deemed to be ok and put on statins if it was above. Funny how last year the safe level was only 4. That is a phenomenal amount of people that are now prescribed these statins to keep them *healthy*.
I was also put on them some time ago before I researched it as my level was 7.9 deemed to be really dangerous. I took to eating plant sterols and stopped the statins, on going for my blood results they said how well I was doing with their medication. I pmsl and told them where to shove them. Just another personal proof. I am sure with you in the hatred for big pharma comrade.
Squiz

edit on 16/1/2011 by squizzy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join