It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Lazar - a Hired Hoaxer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've done quite a bit of reading and research on Mr Lazar, pretty much just to figure out why he got so much attention in the first place.

Yes, I know, this isn't a very new subject. Though it still holds some interest, I believe.

When he first came out with his incredible story, Mr Lazar instantly got a huge following all over the world. And admittedly, to a layman the man did sound very convincing indeed.

Today, it's pretty much considered a fact that Robert Lazar is, and was a fraud. Stan Friedman for one, did a good job debunking his claims, no doubt.

My personal problem with Lazar is that he seemed to know things that he shouldn't have known had he been nothing but a common crackpot.

Could there be a more deliberate reason for Bob Lazar's claims than him just making up a fantastic story to make money out of? Could it be that Mr Lazar was payed to tell this story based on a mix of lies, halftruths and truths to work as a disinformant?

RR

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
I've done quite a bit of reading and research on Mr Lazar

Somehow your research missed THIS recent thread on Lazar.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RR

I've done quite a bit of reading and research on Mr Lazar

Somehow your research missed THIS recent thread on Lazar.

No. I've read through that thread..

RR

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No. I've read through that thread..

Then why start a new thread on the exact same subject?

By the way, I don't know why everyone always holds Stan Friedman to such a high standard within the UFO community, he's been identified as a CIA disinformation agent in some circles and probably should be looked at with at least the same skepticism as Lazar always is.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's all a hoax, really.

Most of the UFO mythology is a construct of various DIA created fictions, feed to the hungry UFO nut-cases by the likes of Doty (see what happened to Bennewitz).

Lazar is either just another UFO disinformation tool, or is another poor Bennewitz.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
He reminds me of many intel types the Army has working in code breaking or other non-lethal professions within the service. My best guess is his actuall title is "disinformation officer". I bet he is fast w/ the rubix cube though!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
He is bogus!
I could go on and on about why, but the following web site does a pretty good job. This is the site of a guy who has spent alot of time around area 51. Found the remains of a crashed a-12 in the desert and other cool things.

www.serve.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's not that hard to get a little bit of information about a government building's cafeteria.

Lazar did it for the publicity and to make a little money. He's done now.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

By the way, I don't know why everyone always holds Stan Friedman to such a high standard within the UFO community, he's been identified as a CIA disinformation agent in some circles and probably should be looked at with at least the same skepticism as Lazar always is.

I'd have to agree on Mr. Friedman...

BTW, there was another thread on this, as was mentioned. Please reply there, as this will be locked.

Thanks...

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join