It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can our human progress with Space Exploration, confirm alien visitation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think about this notion all the time. In 40 something years we now have a satellite outside of our Solar System. If there are little extremophiles on Mars and somehow can look up at the Mars Rover then we are aliens too. We can take pictures deep into space, and have discovered so many planets and stars.

The odds of another planet's satellite coming into our Solar System, or even space craft, is highly likely. Or at least another planet detecting our presence.

Then the question is, when did aliens first detect our planet? Which aliens? How many different species of aliens?

You can believe what you want about Roswell or the Ancient Astronaut Theory, but where we are with our own space travel kinda confirms other alien species visiting us.

Agree?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I agree with you. Some people won't believe we've been visited until a UFO smashes through the roof of their home, but for me, there's been enough eye witnesses, enough credible whistle blowers, and this can all be traced back through time in paintings on cave walls. I believe ETs want to be known, yet unknown. Maybe it's not time to shake hands with them yet, but I'm sure the day will come.
edit on 16-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well the evidence of E.T's visiting us in the in the past if overwhelming. Even now there is more than enough credible whistle blowers. For a good 3 months this summer when I was working on the highway on the night shift, I would see self luminous objects flying around in the skies. More often than not they seemed to be more or less over and around the all the oil refineries around here.

I am sure with our deep space probes In tens of thousands of years might pass by another solar system and get sucked into orbit. And we do have the technology to get to mars , but for now it is to expensive and would require a global effort. Still our children should be amongst the first to walk on mars and we will be the aliens.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Since when do we have a satellite outside our Solar System?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

voyager is outside the solar system!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
I think about this notion all the time. In 40 something years we now have a satellite outside of our Solar System. If there are little extremophiles on Mars and somehow can look up at the Mars Rover then we are aliens too. We can take pictures deep into space, and have discovered so many planets and stars.
That's true.

The odds of another planet's satellite coming into our Solar System, or even space craft, is highly likely. Or at least another planet detecting our presence.
I'm not sure how true that is. The methods we use to detect the existence of other planets, makes earth-like planets hard to detect using the 2 methods we use to detect them:
1. The Earth doesn't block much of the sun's light in a transit across the side of the sun visible to a distant observer, and
2. The Earth doesn't cause much wobble in the sun.

This is why we haven't detected Earth-like planets yet (have we? though we should soon) and why Earth is hard for others to detect. Even if such planets are detected by us or aliens, the next step, determining if the planet has life or not, will be even harder. Determining if the life is intelligent or not will be harder still.

Agree?
Keep this in mind. Nobody has solved the Fermi paradox yet. We should keep that in mind when we speculate about topics like the subject of this thread. Until we solve the Fermi paradox, we have to be as conservative in our speculation as the Fermi paradox suggests, at least that's my opinion.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I would say that it most certainly does, dinosaurs have lived on this planet for a million years so we have sustained life for that amount of time, perhaps on one of the 50,000,000,000 worlds that there are out there, humoids (or humanoid like beings, intelligent life) has been sustain on any one of those planets for a fraction of that time, I'm almost certain, they would have developed interstellar traveling capabillities

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

well we can't truely believe until we have that, one little piece of concrete evidence, that has narrowly avoided us for all these years, which honestly does seem pretty impossible considering modern day, tracking technologies and what not, we believe but we'd really like to PROVE it you know what I mean

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Then the question is, when did aliens first detect our planet? Which aliens? How many different species of aliens?

Here is the problem i have... If there is intelligent life out there and if that intelligent life has solved the space travel problem and if they have visited us or made contact then there are several reasons for said contact...

1. Scientific interest
2. Just to 'make friends'
3. To invade and make use of Earth's resources
there are probably more but these 3 will do for now...

Ok so only one of those options would require them to stay 'incognito' the other two require them to make themselves known. Ok so now imagine there is more than one type of 'Alien' that has spotted us... They also have a limited amount of courses to take... Eventually the more supposed Aliens that find us and or visit makes option 3 more and more likely.... As option 3 hasn't happened yet I have to conclude that if there is advanced life capable of interstellar travel then they are few and far between.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I have to conclude that if there is advanced life capable of interstellar travel then they are few and far between.
I agree.

I hope there is, and I hope they are friendly, but the "few and far between" is one possible solution to the Fermi Paradox, and in my opinion it's a likely solution though there are other plausible solutions, such as they don't use any technology similar to ours which is why our efforts to look for signs of their technology like electromagnetic radiation, have failed.

Carl Sagan made several estimates of the number of intelligent civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy. With an optimistic set of numbers, he came up with lots, but with a pessimistic set of numbers, he came up with 10. When you consider the enormous size of the milky way, if it's just us plus 9 other intelligences, our nearest neighbor could be quite far. If the Milky way has roughly 8 billion square light years of "area" (I'm simplifying it to a 2 dimensional disk 100,000 light years across, but the fact that it's in 3-D makes it even worse), 10 intelligences would only be one for every 800 million square light years. That's far enough apart that we might not find our neighbors, and they might not know about us.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What space exploration progress do we have? ... We are on a stand still for like 30 years.

Same propulsion systems.
Same crafts except for the ones that were lost in the tragedies we all know of.
Same satelite designs.
Same space station design that is well not efficient by my standards.

No new landing on a planet/moon.
No new important exploration missions.
No plan to inhabit or terraform a planet.
No increasing the speed of crafts.

So what you presented is just some things that are not that much of a progress. Taking pictures of distant planets or galaxies is just a matter of adjusting the lenses and having sufficient exposure and sending a probe outside the solar system is just waiting for it to get there so its not that big of a progress.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
What space exploration progress do we have? ... We are on a stand still for like 30 years.

Same propulsion systems.
Same satelite designs.

No new landing on a planet/moon.
No new important exploration missions.
No plan to inhabit or terraform a planet.
No increasing the speed of crafts.

So what you presented is just some things that are not that much of a progress. Taking pictures of distant planets or galaxies is just a matter of adjusting the lenses and having sufficient exposure and sending a probe outside the solar system is just waiting for it to get there so its not that big of a progress.

I'm sure the government has had much progress that we don't know of.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR

Same propulsion systems.
Same satellite designs.

Getting into Space and interstellar travel is a global effort and we should look to NO specific country for the answers to all these "old" technologies. If you search deep enough the answers are probably right in front of our faces, we just need to look at what the world as a whole has accomplished. Combine it all together and you have our New Space Technology.

Originally posted by apodicticI'm sure the government has had much progress that we don't know of.

I agree completely. We should all keep in mind that the Discovery shuttle program has ended, but that doesn't mean space exploration is ending by any means. The retirement of Discovery is the perfect way to let loose the new technology they have been withholding. I have also heard the speculation that some country has created a working plasma propulsion system.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Since when do we have a satellite outside our Solar System?

lol perhaps making a quick google search before making a comment would benefit you . Voyager 1 and 2 are heading out of our solar system with Voyager 1 just about out side of the solar system . And what do you think happens to satellites we hurl off to the outer reaches of our solar system that they just decide to stop the end of mission. it will be traveling at it's current speed until it crashes into something , while collecting all sorts of particles threw it's endless flight threw space , eventually giving it an appearance of a comet .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I bet we have eyes and ears out there, but the message we receive is "GO BACK TO YOUR CRADLE, YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THIS."

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Keep this in mind. Nobody has solved the Fermi paradox yet. We should keep that in mind when we speculate about topics like the subject of this thread. Until we solve the Fermi paradox, we have to be as conservative in our speculation as the Fermi paradox suggests, at least that's my opinion.

Unless - as some researchers believe - the best evidence of E.T. has been covered up. If that is the case then there is no Fermi paradox to solve.

Another possibility is any advanced races have kept themselves hidden. Humans are a dangerous bunch? Or maybe a policy of non-interference?

Educated speculation I know. But there are many possible answers to the mystery.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Apologies for repeating part of your post. I hadn't refreshed the thread and missed your post.

edit on 17/1/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Here is the problem i have... If there is intelligent life out there and if that intelligent life has solved the space travel problem and if they have visited us or made contact then there are several reasons for said contact...

1. Scientific interest
2. Just to 'make friends'
3. To invade and make use of Earth's resources
there are probably more but these 3 will do for now...

Ok so only one of those options would require them to stay 'incognito' the other two require them to make themselves known. Ok so now imagine there is more than one type of 'Alien' that has spotted us... They also have a limited amount of courses to take... Eventually the more supposed Aliens that find us and or visit makes option 3 more and more likely.... As option 3 hasn't happened yet I have to conclude that if there is advanced life capable of interstellar travel then they are few and far between.

You make a very good point, unless they are just way way too advance for our society, that they wouldn't even knoow how to communicate with us without completely blowing our minds or way of life, ecspecially if they conterdict our religious beliefs, how bad would that throw society into mass caos and confusion, wars have been waged and fought since the begining of time and are still doing so today, so I believe that if there are advanced "peaceful" visitors, that would be the reason for their non disclosure

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
"Can our human progress with Space Exploration, confirm alien visitation?"

I believe it already has. It's just NASA and other space agencies haven't let the public in on that lil secret.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Yeah I totally get what you're saying, that seeing is believing. But we can't overlook the stuff that's right in front of us just because the idea of ET contact is hard for a lot of people to wrap their minds around

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join