It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 to 2012 - Youtube video

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Thanks for the input. This should clarify what can be a confusing issue.

Geomagnetic field

The Earth's magnetic field, also called the geomagnetic field, which effectively extends several tens of thousands of kilometres into space, forms the Earth's magnetosphere.

The magnetosphere is formed by the Earth's magnetic field.

The average magnetic field strength in the Earth's outer core was measured to be 25 Gauss, 50 times stronger than the magnetic field at the surface.

The field is stronger at its source, the core.

I was just reading more of the article and that is a great link I hope everyone reading this thread takes the time to read. Thanks!

The Earth's magnetic field is mostly caused by electric currents in the liquid outer core.

So the field originates in the core, the outer liquid core.
The field weakens the farther we get from the source. Only 1/50 of the strength is observed at the surface.
The field continues up into outer space where there is an interaction between the field and the solar wind.

edit on 22-1-2011 by stereologist because: Thanks for the excellent link

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by heineken

this video shows you a spinner top..while rotating it keep upright due to fact that energy is released both from the side and upwards..

This is simply wrong. Please take the time to understand how angular momentum works.

sry but you are wrong..i was referring to this rule

Right Hand Rule

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
the Mayans did mention the Galactic Alignment with the dark rift...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64994cb1c569.gif[/atsimg]

Stela 11 from Izapa shows Cosmic Father
in the "mouth" of Cosmic Mother, the
"Dark Rift" or "Birth Canal" in the
Milky Way. This is an image of
the celestial alignment which
culminates in A.D. 2012.
edit on Sat Jan 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

sry but you are wrong..i was referring to this rule

The right hand rule is about coordinate systems. It has nothing whatsoever to do with energy releases.

The article is incomplete in that it never mentions the sign of the determinate of the basis matrix is positive for left handed coordinate systems.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Stela 11 from Izapa shows Cosmic Father
in the "mouth" of Cosmic Mother, the
"Dark Rift" or "Birth Canal" in the
Milky Way. This is an image of
the celestial alignment which
culminates in A.D. 2012.

That's a new age hoax plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
we are drifting towards the galactic plain as foretold by the mayans..like it or not its the reality

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i have to go..cya later!!!!

before i go go...

Xibalba

Xibalba From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia In Maya mythology, Xibalba (pronounced /ʃɨˈbɒlbə/), roughly translated as "place of fear",[1] is the name of the underworld, ruled by Maya Death Gods and their helpers. In Yucatec, it was known as Metnal.[citation needed] In the 16th-century Verapaz, the entrance to Xibalba was traditionally held to be a cave in the vicinity of Cobán, Guatemala. According to some of the K'iche' Maya presently living in the vicinity, the area is still associated with death. Cave systems in nearby Belize have also been referred to as the entrance to Xibalba.[2] Another physical incarnation of the road to Xibalba as viewed by the K'iche' is the dark rift which is visible in the Milky Way

edit on 22-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So things change. I think we agree on that. None of these issues indicates that anything is happening. It's just change. In fact, some of these issues are over 30 years.

Did you read this material and research it or is this just some cut and paste from a blog that you did not attribute? The Izapa comment is a cut and paste. Those are not your own words. It is important to show where you get material.

Take for instance the warming of Pluto. That is due to the fact that Pluto just went by its perihelion.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The Mayans did not know about galaxies or the galactic plane. They did not foretell this or make any other predictions associated with the long count calendar. All of that is just made up poppycock. Like it or not the best alignment was in 1998.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The reference to the Dark Rift claim comes from the following write up:
The Mayan Sacbe System Analyzed as an Information Web

Here the author suggests that the Milky Way and the Dark Rift are seen not as galaxies, but as a road. He argues that roads and their connectivity are important images/constructs in Mayan culture. He suggests that white roads such as the Milky Way are important. The write up never mentions the dark rift. In fact, the write up always discusses the white path of the Milky Way as possibly a road to the underworld or even as a continuation of an Earthly road.

So "dark", "rift", and "K'iche'" do not appear in the article being referenced. Ooops! Look like a hoaxer has been at work and didn't think people would check!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So things change. I think we agree on that. None of these issues indicates that anything is happening. It's just change. In fact, some of these issues are over 30 years.

Did you read this material and research it or is this just some cut and paste from a blog that you did not attribute? The Izapa comment is a cut and paste. Those are not your own words. It is important to show where you get material.

Take for instance the warming of Pluto. That is due to the fact that Pluto just went by its perihelion.

are over 30 years..of i course i know why then do you think we went to the moon and never improved in space exploration??

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The Mayans did not know about galaxies or the galactic plane. They did not foretell this or make any other predictions associated with the long count calendar. All of that is just made up poppycock. Like it or not the best alignment was in 1998.

shame...

u are like many other victims of old scientist who doesnt accept they cannot answer how such an ancient civilization was advanced when it comes to timekeeping and the knowledge of the Universe

Astronomy Of all the world's ancient calendar systems, the Maya and other Mesoamerican systems are the most complex, intricate and accurate. Calculations of the congruence of the 260-day and the 365-day Maya cycles is almost exactly equal to the actual solar year in the tropics, with only a 19-minute margin of error.

www.civilization.ca...

Galactic alignment In the mid-1990s, esoteric author John Major Jenkins asserted that the ancient Maya intended to tie the end of their calendar to the winter solstice in 2012, which falls on December 21. This date was in line with an idea he terms the galactic alignment.[56] In the Solar System, the planets and the Sun share roughly the same plane of orbit, known as the plane of the ecliptic. From our perspective on Earth, the ecliptic is the path taken by the Sun across the sky over the course of the year. The 12 constellations which line the ecliptic are known as the zodiac and, through the year, the Sun passes through each constellation in turn. Additionally, over time, the Sun's annual passage appears to recede counterclockwise by one degree every 72 years. This movement, called "precession", is attributed to a slight wobble in the Earth's axis as it spins.[57] As a result, approximately every 2,160 years, the constellation visible on the early morning of the spring equinox changes. In Western astrological traditions, this signals the end of one astrological age (currently the Age of Pisces) and the beginning of another (Age of Aquarius). Over the course of 26,000 years, precession makes one full circuit around the ecliptic.[57] Just as the spring equinox in the northern hemisphere is currently in the constellation of Pisces, so the winter solstice is currently in the constellation of Sagittarius, which is the zodiacal constellation intersected by the galactic equator.[58] Every year for the last 1,000 years or so, on the winter solstice, the Earth, Sun and the galactic equator come into alignment, and every year, precession pushes the Sun's position a little way further through the Milky Way's band. The Milky Way near Cygnus showing the lane of the Dark Rift, which the Maya called the Xibalba be or "Black Road" Jenkins suggests that the Maya based their calendar on observations of the Great Rift, a band of dark dust clouds in the Milky Way, which the Maya called the Xibalba be or "Black Road."[59] Jenkins claims that the Maya were aware of where the ecliptic intersected the Black Road and gave this position in the sky a special significance in their cosmology.[60] According to the hypothesis, the Sun precisely aligns with this intersection point at the winter solstice of 2012.[60] Jenkins claimed that the classical Mayans anticipated this conjunction and celebrated it as the harbinger of a profound spiritual transition for mankind.[61] New Age proponents of the galactic alignment hypothesis argue that, just as astrology uses the positions of stars and planets to make claims of future events, the Mayans plotted their calendars with the objective of preparing for significant world events.[62] Jenkins attributes the insights of ancient Maya shamans about the galactic center to their use of psilocybin mushrooms, psychoactive toads, and other psychedelics.[63] Jenkins also associates the Xibalba be with a "world tree", drawing on studies of contemporary (not ancient) Maya cosmology.[64] Astronomers argue that the galactic equator is an entirely arbitrary line, and can never be precisely determined because it is impossible to say exactly where the Milky Way begins or ends. Jenkins claims he drew his conclusions about the location of the galactic equator from observations taken at above 11,000 feet (3,400 m), which is higher than any of the Maya lived.[46] Furthermore, the precessional alignment of the Sun with any single point is not exclusive to a specific year, but takes place over a 36-year period, corresponding to its diameter. Jenkins himself notes that, even given his determined location for the line of the galactic equator, its most precise convergence with the centre of the Sun already occurred in 1998.[65][66] There is no clear evidence that the classic Maya were aware of precession. Some Maya scholars, such as Barbara MacLeod, Michael Grofe, Eva Hunt, Gordon Brotherston, and Anthony Aveni,[67] have suggested that some Mayan holy dates were timed to precessional cycles, but scholarly opinion on the subject remains divided.[19] There is also little evidence, archaeological or historical, that the Maya placed any importance on solstices or equinoxes.[19][68] It is possible that early Mesoamericans had an emphasis on solstices which was later forgotten,[69] but this is also a disputed issue among Mayanists.[19][68] The start date of the Long Count is not astronomically significant

you see thats why we are divided - all this is still being disputed

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

are over 30 years..of i course i know why then do you think we went to the moon and never improved in space exploration??

The explanation is the funding did not exist. Funding was used for unmanned craft that went further than people could be sent.

What do you think it means?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

u are like many other victims of old scientist who doesnt accept they cannot answer how such an ancient civilization was advanced when it comes to timekeeping and the knowledge of the Universe

This has nothing to do with whether or not they knew about galaxies. The fact is that they did not. There are no Mayan predictions associated with the long count calendar.

Were the Mayans good at making observations using naked eye astronomy. Yes.

And here you make it clear that of all of the ancient systems they had done a great job.

Astronomy Of all the world's ancient calendar systems, the Maya and other Mesoamerican systems are the most complex, intricate and accurate.

Complex is correct. There were many calendars.

If you continue to read down through the page you liked to you read how the Maya did not understand the structure of our solar system.

Here are 2 quotes from the page:

For this reason, the Maya believed that the heavenly bodies needed human help, which was provided through sacred rituals such as self-mutilation, torture, and human sacrifice. To the Maya, offering this help was simply the price to be paid for the continued survival of the universe.

According to the Maya sacred calendar, each 52-year period signalled the renewed possibility of the destruction of the world.

So there have been a large number of times that the Earth could have ended and there was really no effort on the parts of the Mayans to prevent the end of the world. I don't know enough about the Mayan to make this connection, but this page suggests it.

I assume that the second quote which you did not give a link for is from the wikipedia.

This page goes over all of the hoopla and poppycock that hoaxers such as Jenkins have promoted.

Here is a quote from the same wikipedia page.

The present-day Maya, as a whole, do not attach much significance to b'ak'tun 13. Although the Calendar Round is still used by some Maya groups in the Guatemalan highlands, the Long Count was employed exclusively by the classic Maya, and was only recently rediscovered by archaeologists.[26] Mayan elder Apolinario Chile Pixtun and Mexican archaeologist Guillermo Bernal both note that "apocalypse" is a Western concept that has little or nothing to do with Mayan beliefs. Bernal believes that such ideas have been foisted on the Maya by Westerners because their own myths are "exhausted".[27][28] Mayan archaeologist Jose Huchm has stated that "If I went to some Mayan-speaking communities and asked people what is going to happen in 2012, they wouldn't have any idea. That the world is going to end? They wouldn't believe you. We have real concerns these days, like rain".[

If you want to read more about what a hoaxer this Jenkins is and how he makes moolah by using his books to promote his tourism connections then read this:
John Major Jenkins

edit on 22-1-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
this is a very nice video and sand us more info about this thing is going around world chaos at the moment,and who telling this is normal i think he or she go see a docter sry...how are the birds are dying seals,penguins,doves,black birds,etc etc.and the flodding what is happind heineken???sry but my englis is bad pls understand it....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kakku
this is a very nice video and sand us more info about this thing is going around world chaos at the moment,and who telling this is normal i think he or she go see a docter sry...how are the birds are dying seals,penguins,doves,black birds,etc etc.and the flodding what is happind heineken???sry but my englis is bad pls understand it....

my english is horrible too

i can relate XD

about the things that are happening i can tell that more things are coming up..African seismic activity is for sure to be followed, also i'm currently monitoring Sun's activity which you can trust me on this one...we had some huge CME's (Coronal Mass Ejections or Solar Flares) lately...also i cought some spectacular suicidal comets.

thanks for your comments

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kakku

Your English is written well. I appreciate your efforts to converse here. The problem is that these events such as bird and other animal deaths are issues dealing with the Earth and nothing else. Animal die offs of these kinds are not unusual. They happen all of the time. For what ever reason it is a slow news time and the reporters have decided to mention these issues. Who knows, next week it might be some singer that showed us their groodies gets all of the attention.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

There is nothing usual happening heineken. What are suicidal comets? Are these that vaporize on the way to the sun? Are these ones that hit the sun? Are theseones that turn tail and run from the sun?

Your English is fantastic. I'd love to tell you stories about my poor French and how I got into trouble in the middle of the Sahara, but some other day.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
do you ppl think we need part2

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join