It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthers Usually Some "Cracker" On The Right, Says NBC Anchor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I don't even know why people watch the news anymore. I mean news use to be facts, now it's all opinion. Why would you want somebody else's opinon of the daily news?

We should be getting facts and only the facts. Allow people to make up their own minds.

~Keeper

signature:
You Are Entitled To Your Own Opinions Not Your Own Facts!

Hey...we almost have the same signature line

As for just the facts...ever since the Nightly News had to compete with Cable News...and the Nightly News became a "profit center" rather than a "loss-leader"/public service ...we have been doomed.

Profit demands a predictable viewership for advertisers...and if you want the same people comming back night after night you need to tell them what they want to hear and stroke them. They give bias news...advertisers get a demographic they can target.

As for jus the facts? NPR is the best we can do...they skew about two clicks to the left and hopefully less now that thier Chairman resigned over the Juan Williams debacle.

But 2 clicks to the left is better than the 20 clicks to the left that MSNBC offers or the 30 clicks to the right that Fox offers...CNN seems middle of the road, but too much tabloid for me.

Until we have better choices I stick to NPR and just guard against mild bias.
edit on 16-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Birthers aren't an embarrassment, they are an important part of the GOP/TEA Party platform and they should be embraced by the GOP/TEA Party.

Sure, they have no real evidence, sure, every single case of theirs gets thrown out of court, sure they want the president to constantly stop doing the business of the country to travel to each and every one of their houses and personally show a birth certificate that Hawaii no longer issues.

But they are a necessary and essential part of the TEA Party and the GOP voting base, and I think it's high time that GOP/TEA Party leaders stand up for these people and represent them.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I remain convinced that if Mr. Obama would simply produce that original BC, the birthers would vanish into thin air.

Then you haven't been paying attention. And that is NOT a criticism and is absolutely OK. The wingnuts should be ignored.

Relatively few are claiming he wasn't born in the Hawai'i anymore, the current main birther theme is trying to bear down on jus sanguinis (spelling?) - that is they are more or less agreeing that he was born in Hawai'i, but since both of his parents were not citizens, he doesn't qualify (despite the 100 year old settled law from the Wong Kim Ark case). Or because his father was British/Kenyan, he has dual citizenship and therefore doesn't qualify as "natural born", maybe 'just' "native born" (which implies that foreign country's laws trump American law on American soil and in reference to American citizens).

So, I am therefore suspicious of the reasons why this has not happened.

Well, because it wouldn't make any difference except to a small minority, and two thirds of that minority would scream forgery anyway. The others continue chewing on one of their other fantasies. He has already shown his official birth certificate, signed and sealed by the State of Hawai'i. The Hawai'i official responsible for maintenance of the records has already verified its veracity under oath. The original handwritten paper would provide nothing new or additional with respect to his Constitutional eligibility. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

edit on 17/1/2011 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'll add this mathews observation to all the other charming characteristics. The spittle. The tingles, and now the cracker remark.

obama is worse than bush 2. I knew this before hew was selected over hillary, because he is half black and therefore can be used as a cover for neocon progress. The man must be in hell for the promises he broke and the way he deceived everyone with his 'change'. The media were complicit in making sure his 'victory' was well received. I'm not sure we will ever get the country back.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
And if someone used the term Niggardly the entire media and country would shut down and go on a witch hunt.

Dont give words power over you or your actions. SO what if he said cracker.. let him be seen for what he is by using that word in the manner in which he did. I expect more from civilized human beings than to still function around "power words"... and allow strangers to be in control of your emotions and actions by the utterance of a single silly word.

BTW... Niggardly means stingy or penny pinching. If you reacted in a way which was not normal upon reading that word..... better check yourself for internal PC mode gone awry.
The dreaded N word and niggardly are two words that are etymologically unrelated.

To really send the point home.. here are some interesting definitions:

Nigger: (ethnic slur) extremely offensive name for a Black person; "only a Black can call another Black a nigga" ( this is the first entry in definition)
www.google.com...'n-word'&btnG=Search&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=define%3A+'n-word'&pbx=1

Cracker: redneck: a poor White person in the southern United States ( this was also the 2nd entry in definition by the same source. The first was for a thin salty wafer. )
www.google.com...

Do we see the disparity in racial slurs here.. definitions of these slurs? Why the strength of one and weakness of the other?? WHy is one quoted with a qualification that only a black can call another black a" nigga"? Interesting isnt it? No, Im not being a racist. Im not violating TOS. Im not even white. It has just always been curious to me why that word has so much power when spoken. Its almost magic
I feel the word is not only given power by the black community, but by the PTB in general to widen differences and divisions.
I guess what I would hope is that NO ONE of ANY race buy into this BS.. dont be provoked. Dont be a mind controlled subject with trigger words. These are JUST WORDS to the person hearing them. Judge the person speaking them by the intent and context in which they were spoken.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Advantage because: link didnt paste correctly

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's actually sad how much truth is in this idiot's words. You believe in the NWO but you don't believe that they would find someone qualified to run the U.S.? Think people.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
IMO the birthers are off base on this one. I doubt very seriously that he isnt an American citizen. Its probably something embarrassing like he is listed as white for race or something to do with his name, maybe the dads name was left blank or it was some other name to shield Obama Sr . Barack, Barry, SOetero, Obama, .. who really knows. I just tend not to think the worst every darned time. lts hard to keep up with his name changes and all of that mess.
His mom sure seemed to have an issue and passed on her identity issues to her son. As an adult, he has chosen to be Barack Obama the first African-AMerican president. Be kind of a blow to folks who support him if he had to explain away that no daddy listed or that he was listed as being white or mulatto/mixed.. whatever term they used at that time.

Just as "some guy" and not the guy who flushed the economy among other things.. I feel kind of sorry for him. He certainly couldnt have had any say what may be contained on the birth certificate.. and if its something of that nature.. its frankly none of our nosey butt business other than to ridicule him and his family status. KWIM??
edit on 17-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So what, Chris Mathews is a Tea Partier now?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Sure, they have no real evidence. ..

But from the talking heads of liberal MSM to the liberals posting here, none of you had any real evidence that ANYTHING Palin or any other conservative did caused or even influenced the AZ shootings, but thiat never stopped any of you from shooting off your mouths for political gain.

Now you criticize "birthers" for what you say is doing the same thing?

There's a word for that.

Deny hypocrisy!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by whatukno

Sure, they have no real evidence. ..

But from the talking heads of liberal MSM to the liberals posting here, none of you had any real evidence that ANYTHING Palin or any other conservative did caused or even influenced the AZ shootings, but thiat never stopped any of you from shooting off your mouths for political gain.

Now you criticize "birthers" for what you say is doing the same thing?

There's a word for that.

Deny hypocrisy!

That's 2 words.. and I agree!

I had to stay out of those threads.. thought my head would explode after the first few. Unfortunately there are a few people who claim they are birthers and have been highlighted by the media that I really do not believe are any part of that group. Theyre too wacky. I had thought the govt or liberal plant thing was a paranoid joke until I really listened to a few of the so-called birthers the media was pushing out there and lets say that I am leaning to the plant paranoia these days. Birthers i have spoken to on here and elsewhere seem to have really valid questions. Specifically the military personnel who question it all.. the secrecy and sealed birth certificate silliness. If there were nothing questionable Obama could end the whole issue easily. I do believe there is something on the certificate he does not want public.. but I cant not imagine that he is not an American citizen. I just cant believe it. It probably lists his dad as Malcolm X... there IS a resemblance..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I have never been interested in this where is obama born rubbish.

So i am one that these clowns cannot target with that rubbish.

As long as obama damages usa, who cares where he was born, i do not.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

With slight differences in experience and background...and there are differences and credibility issues all around. Ever look up Hannity's background? Some people just know how to talk, I guess. It's just what infotainment is becoming.

Pretty much - with the crowd (and their like) on both sides of the fence I'm not sure background matters as much as the talent for talk as you put it.

For example, say I've been a doctor for 20 years. Then one day I discover I can make 20 times the money just by getting on TV and spouting off because I'm good at getting people worked up. I'm not sure my background matters as much as my talent for saying controversial things.

It is like if trolling was a recognized profession then Mathews, Olbermann, Beck, O'Reilly, etc would be top of the field.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Like I said I'm no big Chris Matthew fan or defender, but I don't think it was the racial "cracker"

crackers Part of Speech: adjective Definition: insane Synonyms: batty, bonkers*, brainsick, cracked, crazed, crazy, crazy as a loon, cuckoo, daft, demented, deranged, distraught, disturbed, dotty, kooky, loco, lunatic, mad, mentally ill, moonstruck, not all there, nuts, nutty, off one's rocker, out of one's mind, out to lunch, psycho, psychotic, sick, sick in the head, stark raving mad, touched*, unbalanced, unhinged, unsound, wacky

thesaurus.com...

You will see from my other posts that I'm not a liberal Left leaning person. Just being fair, It's still not a nice term, just not the racial one some here think he meant.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Thanks for that. This is what I thought when I first heard it, too. But what do I know...someone obviously took offense, but then someone is always looking hard for something to pick on. I believe we give words their power by our reactions and if we give them power people keep using them. If we don't react to them, they lose their power and then both intentional use for attention and the occasional slips from habit will start to lessen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join