It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My UFO footage!

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Heyy ATS


So this is my video on youtube.

*SNIP*

And i will describe what happend. I was walking for from work around 6.10 and saw a large blue light in the sky, i watched it and it got smaller ang change colour to white.

Thats where the vid picks up, half way through it goes small and then big again.. whaat? Yeah! You see it happen! It almost vanishes.

Possible explanations:

It is genuine (which i believe)
It was a star (well it got smaller and changed colour so i doubt this)
optical illusion (not really)


What are your thoughts? Please dont trample over me
im just a fragile little poster


xxx
 

Mod Note: ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link. Absolutely no drug talk allowed.
edit on January 16th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: snipped comments that violate T&C




posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Stars DO change color



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hey man I see these things / and much crazier things ALL THE TIME. I don't bother trying to convince many people; after seeing it for myself it totally changed my perspective on...well...everything for that matter. These are definitely crafts of some sort really high up there, and they must be huge being that they appear around the same size of a bright star. Ive been watching them for months now...at first I figured I was witnessing some top secret military tests or something but after them being there EVERY single night, I don't believe that.

I actually think we can all see them, its just that if you don't look and pay close attention for about 10 minutes you would mistake them for planes or stars no question. If you keep an eye on them youll realize that they twinkle and pulse all different colors and quite literally hop around the sky. I hope we get to learn what exactly they are because they are certainly nothing that we know of.

try talking to it... after some tests, I personally believe them to be under intelligent control, but thats a whole other story.



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Stars DO change color


Yes but i dont think THIS intensionally! It was a complete change!!


Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
hey man I see these things / and much crazier things ALL THE TIME. I don't bother trying to convince many people; after seeing it for myself it totally changed my perspective on...well...everything for that matter. These are definitely crafts of some sort really high up there, and they must be huge being that they appear around the same size of a bright star. Ive been watching them for months now...at first I figured I was witnessing some top secret military tests or something but after them being there EVERY single night, I don't believe that.

I actually think we can all see them, its just that if you don't look and pay close attention for about 10 minutes you would mistake them for planes or stars no question. If you keep an eye on them youll realize that they twinkle and pulse all different colors and quite literally hop around the sky. I hope we get to learn what exactly they are because they are certainly nothing that we know of.

try talking to it... after some tests, I personally believe them to be under intelligent control, but thats a whole other story.


Interesting, i will have a go and see what results i get
i will post them on ATS if i get any



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bian101
[mo

I wont trample on you but to be honest i dont see anything ..but hey maybe i need glasses



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by bian101
[mo

I wont trample on you but to be honest i dont see anything ..but hey maybe i need glasses


Hey, maybe im wrong
im trying to be open and intellectual about it however the camera on my iphone is AWFUL



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We can't see much from the video, true, but thank very much for recording and posting your experience! Since the video quality isn't perfect and such, we cannot posit any conclusions. We can attempt some mundane explanations, though. Looks/sounds like Sirius to me - It twinkles and changes color quite rapidly, sometimes appearing to shrink and expand. I have mistaken it for something more many times. It's also a weird star because it is extremely bright and twinkly when it is high in the sky, but even brighter and weirder looking when close to the horizon.

One thing you can do is download the free program called Stellarium, pop in your location and set the time to the same time you saw the object. Then figure out what direction you were looking and see if there is anything in that general area that's really bright. If the object had a trajectory across the sky and seemed to change color/brightness/size, then I would guess it to be a satellite flying by causing the very common sight of a satellite flare. But since it was stationary, odds are it is not a satellite.

Thanks for posting
Good lucking figuring out what it was - it sucks to see something really neat and not have *some* sort of answer for it.



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
We can't see much from the video, true, but thank very much for recording and posting your experience! Since the video quality isn't perfect and such, we cannot posit any conclusions. We can attempt some mundane explanations, though. Looks/sounds like Sirius to me - It twinkles and changes color quite rapidly, sometimes appearing to shrink and expand. I have mistaken it for something more many times. It's also a weird star because it is extremely bright and twinkly when it is high in the sky, but even brighter and weirder looking when close to the horizon.

One thing you can do is download the free program called Stellarium, pop in your location and set the time to the same time you saw the object. Then figure out what direction you were looking and see if there is anything in that general area that's really bright. If the object had a trajectory across the sky and seemed to change color/brightness/size, then I would guess it to be a satellite flying by causing the very common sight of a satellite flare. But since it was stationary, odds are it is not a satellite.

Thanks for posting
Good lucking figuring out what it was - it sucks to see something really neat and not have *some* sort of answer for it.


Wow thanks for looking at my video
and thanks for not derailing it
. I am downloading it now and cant wait to use it!

Its so annoying not finding out what it is yes, but hey thats the whole mystery of it, otherwise we would just say "oh its another et". Also, what you say about Sirius is interesting, but what would make it change size (dramatically) and colour?

Thanks again
xx



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You're welcome!
I know Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky, and also one of the closest stars to us. It is part of a binary system, with two stars in the center of its solar system - I think that we see mostly the brighter star, but the 2nd star which is quite close to it affects its appearance for us on Earth. Honestly, I'm not too sure - but that's what I can think up.

If you look at the sky often, you'll know what a twinkling star looks like and how it might seem to change size just a little bit, and with Sirius as bright and variable as it is, it would be a reasonable explanation.

I can't really tell how much changes from your vid, but I just watched again at 1080p and it is definitely the only light I can see in the video. I can't see any other stars. So it could be Sirius and the camera could only pick it up and not any darker stars. Though that is really weird if it totally disappeared and came back - unless something flew in front of it and blocked it out, that would not happen to a star. It does indeed seem bigger and brighter towards the end of the video than at the beginning. And based on what you showed of the surroundings, it might have gotten closer to the lamp post? Actually, I think that's because you took a few steps and your perspective was altered.

If Sirius is in the same general area on that night at that time, then it's almost certainly Sirius. If Sirius was in a different direction, then I don't know of any explanations (besides the defaults: balloon, chinese lantern, airplane with lights turning off for a bit and its flying straight towards or away from you so it looks like its not moving, etc).



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bian101 Also, what you say about Sirius is interesting, but what would make it change size (dramatically) and colour?

Thanks again
xx


I really couldn't see anything in the video, but here's something on Sirius, if that's what it turns out to be.

Twinkling Sirius

Stars, no matter how large they are, are so far away that even with a large earthbound telescope they cannot be resolved into anything more than a single point of light - we can't observe their surfaces or even resolve them into disks. When the single narrow beam of light from a star enters Earth's undulating atmosphere, it is bent, or refracted, from its perfectly straight path - first directly into your eyes (making it appear bright) and in the next instant away from your eyes (dimming it) - essentially making it twinkle.
The bright white light coming from Sirius is really a combination of all the colors of the rainbow, and atmospheric refraction can split that light into its rainbow components in the same way a prism does. The scintillation then directs and redirects the various colors to your eyes

more:
flhsgeoscience.blogspot.com...



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I did not see anything that looks out of the ordinary.No ufo.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join