It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Focardi and Rossi demonstrate Cold Fusion!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I was watching this video on cold fusion... www.youtube.com...

They say you can use this cold fusion process to transmute materials... they said even into heavy metals. So what i am wondering is if this is why Lazar brought up element 115. Do we use some process like cold fusion to make element 115 which is perfect for making these antimatter reactors?

Another thing I find interesting is that John lear said he had a gold mine didn't he? I wonder what that was about? Is it easier to change gold into this element 115? could that be why he was interested in mining it?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is now on Physorg:

Link

Its finally getting mainstream.

EDIT:

Here are the specifications, here is the paper, here is the patent.

I sincerely hope this wont be another Steorn..

edit on 20/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I am wondering if this could just be the start of a boom in cold fusion type start-ups. I am thinking that maybe these Italian guys just caught wind of this whole revolution and are tyring to cash in on it before the big boys enter the fray like large corporations developing different systems.

I have been following Blacklight Power for a long time and I am convinced they are legit and close to bringing their tech to market. I am wondering if others are trying to gain control of this market as well. Then we will see all the big businesses like the coal lobby and oil lobbies try to stop the tidal wave by claiming this tech is too dangerous and produces radiation etc etc.
edit on 20-1-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

It is great news to hear that they have gotten the patent through. This has been a big stumbling block for many similar projects in the past. Looks like the days of oil running the energy sector are coming to an end. Hopefully all these scams with carbon credits can also get bypassed as the market sorts out the climate issues free from ongoing interference.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I can't believe this post isn't all over the front page of ATS. This is really really big news. Possibly bigger then we can comprehend at this moment.
First I got all excited about it, but then a little worried about the safety of those italian scientists. I bet there are alot of very rich and influental people that would love to see this fail...
Anyway my first ever S&F to you OP!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
This is now on Physorg:

Link

Its finally getting mainstream.

EDIT:

Here are the specifications, here is the paper, here is the patent.
Thanks for the links but according to the physorg article it's not getting mainstream yet:

Rossi and Focardi’s paper on the nuclear reactor has been rejected by peer-reviewed journals
The reason they gave for rejecting the paper at first seems unfair, that they don't have a model for how it works, but I think the reasons go deeper than that:

“Where are the quantitative descriptions of these copper radioisotopes? What detectors were used? Have the results been replicated by independent researchers? Pardon my skepticism as I await real data.”
That sounds like more of a reason to reject it than not having a good model for how it works.

The patent was also partially rejected for the same reason, lack of data:

a patent that has been partially rejected in a preliminary report. According to the report, “As the invention seems, at least at first, to offend against the generally accepted laws of physics and established theories, the disclosure should be detailed enough to prove to a skilled person conversant with mainstream science and technology that the invention is indeed feasible. … In the present case, the invention does not provide experimental evidence (nor any firm theoretical basis) which would enable the skilled person to assess the viability of the invention.
Personally, if they had something with good data and they show it's producing more output energy than input energy, I'd accept their results based on the data even if they don't understand how it works. But the lack of data is a showstopper for me to believe it.

Anyway we'll know soon enough if it really works, by whether it's a commercial success or failure:

“We are arrived to a product that is ready for the market. Our judge is the market. In this field the phase of the competition in the field of theories, hypothesis, conjectures etc etc is over. The competition is in the market. If somebody has a valid technology, he has not to convince people by chattering, he has to make a reactor that work and go to sell it, as we are doing.”
While I'd say that's a partially valid argument, the point at which it becomes persuasive to me is when he has satisfied customers who have purchased the device and can provide testimonials that it works. We aren't at that point yet. (and the lack of data doesn't raise my hopes that it's going to happen, either). But if I'm wrong, and it really does work, the demand will soar and we will all know it and at that point I'd be happy to admit I was wrong. But right now, if I was a gambling person, I'd bet their lack of data is a clear signal something isn't right.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
This is kinda freaking me out simply because I'm sure a member here had been experimenting with a cold fusion thing somewhat successfully in his kitchen the last week or two and now I'm hearing this for the first time.

I'll mention it to him and see if he can bring himself here and discuss whether or not the experiments in this report match what he's been doing because honestly, although I can comprehend a lot of things, the above posts explaining it and this other member's posts lose me in jargon and I just sit thinking "errr......plain english please?" because none of the words mean anything to me.

Shouldn't freak you out at all. Aoi's experiment was obviously a hoax. He shoved a tin can coated with gold in an oven. This is NOT how you attain a cold fusion reaction. Don't be so naive.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Italian cold fusion saga continues with new papers released

pesn.com...

Research papers out of the University of Bologna confirm that much more energy is coming out of the reactor than is required to run the reactor, including a self-running mode; and that radiation is not escaping from the machine.

A couple of weeks ago we reported that the Italian inventor Andrea Rossi has announced that he has a commercial ready cold fusion reactor that is safe and reliable, capable of producing 10 kW of heat; and is in process of going into production, with a 1 MW plant being built ganging 125 of these units together.

They say the main hold up to this 1 MW plant going online, is 'Authorisation' issues (their words).

Take that how you like, but for me it means that tptb are holding it up, either due to safety (radiation concerns) or economic concerns..probably a mixture of both.

They go on to say, that the MW plant should be operational in a couple of months.

In a paper that came out Monday morning (Italy time), Prof. Giuseppe Levi of the University of Bologna describes two experiments. One was performed in December of 2010 and the other on January 14 of 2011, during the public demonstration and press conference. In both experiments Andrea Rossi's cold fusion reactor is tested to determine if more energy is output than input. The results are clear that in both tests much more energy was produced than was put into the system.

In the first test, Levi reported that Rossi's device actually self-sustained for approximately 15 minutes after all power was cut, until they had to stop the reactor by applying additional cooling water. When reading the document one may realize that the output energy for the second test is missing. However, this information has already been posted and was over 10KW.

In the second paper (ref, pp. 7-12) Dr. David Bianchini, also of the University of Bologna, describes his tests to determine if radioactivity is escaping the system for safety purposes, during the January 14 demonstration. He detects no radiation escaping the shielding of the system.

So...here we are folks!

It's *all* happening, every day there are new papers published from physicists that have conducted tests on this thing, and it is gaining positive ground.

Remember folks, 400W input power...12,000W output power.

Oh yeah, just one more thing...where are all you zero imagination 'conservation of energy' and 'breaking the laws of thermodynamics' crowd that have had *SO* much to say on the subject over the last couple of years? Not so convinced any more are you!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
here's an update: nextbigfuture.com...

source close to the recent 18-hour test of the Rossi device gave me the
following figures. These are approximations.

Flow rate: 3,000 L/h = 833 ml/s.

Input temperature: 15°C

Output temperature ~20°C

Input power from control electronics: variable, average 80 W, closer to 20 W
for 6 hours

Notes from Jed

5°C temperature difference * 833 ml = 4,165 cal/s = 17,493 W

if this test was real, it's likely genuine, imho.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

LENR-CANR has a lot of information on their site; www.lenr-canr.org.... No one yet knows how this works but the nuclear physics developed from hitting nuclei at 10's of keV, and more, doesn't seem to apply to interactions of a few eV in condensed matter.

The 2009 DIA report is posted on the LENR-CANR site.

www.lenr-canr.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

FRAUD

The Patent is so vague as to be meaningless.
No patent will ever be granted in the USA based on such a vague description.
Since you could NEVER make the device based on the description it is almost
certainly a fraud. Ok you could make a device but it wouldnt work.

He claims output of 400 times input. If that is possible then it would be a bomb.
Which is a reason why cold fusion might be a very dangerous thing if it worked. The
claims of energy that he could get from ten punds of nickel if released
all at once would blow up Italy.
He also calls his design proprietary, meaning secret. So he is
not going to explain exactly how it works.

According to one aspect of the present invention, the above mentioned aim and objects, as well as yet other objects, which will become more apparent hereinafter, are achieved by a method and apparatus for carrying out a highly efficient exothermal reaction between nickel atoms and hydrogen atoms, in a tube, preferably, though not exclusively made of a metal, filled by a nickel powder and heated to a high temperature preferably, though not necessarily, from 150 to 5000C, by injecting hydrogen into said metal tube said nickel powder being pressurized, preferably, though not necessarily, to a pressure from 2 to 20 bars . In applicant exothermal reaction the hydrogen nuclei, due to a high absorbing capability of nickel therefor, are compressed about the metal atom nuclei, while said high temperature generates internuclear percussions w,hich are made stronger by the catalytic action of optional elements, thereby triggering a capture of a proton by the nickel powder, with a conseguent transformation of nickel to copper and a beta+ decay of the latter to a nickel nucleus having a mass which is by an unit larger than that of the starting nickel.

edit on 3-3-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

All we have to do is to wait for the 1MW unit to see if it works. Calling it a fraud is premature as there is no evidence of fraud.
edit on 3/3/2011 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In a transcript from one of the videos, didn't they say they expected to pump out production models within a month? Haven't seen anything new about this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Noscible

In several interviews, Rossi said that the 1MW thermal plant in Greece would be operational in October.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Now let's be reasonable here. There are not that many ways this can play out:

1. e-cat works as claimed
2. several notable scientists have been fooled and failed to detect the hoax
3. its a big conspiracy involving quite a few parties.

"Any chemical process should be ruled out for producing 25 kWh from whatever is in a 50 cubic centimeter container. The only alternative explanation is that there is some kind of a nuclear process that gives rise to the measured energy production."

We have a juicy case no matter how this turns out. A new way of producing energy, quite a few scientists admitting their lack of knowledge, or a big conspiracy.

Hanno Essén, associate professor of theoretical physics and a lecturer at the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology and former chairman of the Swedish Skeptics Society

Sven Kullander, Professor Emeritus at Uppsala University and also chairman of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences’ Energy Committee

Giuseppe Levi, nuclear physicist from INFN

Hanno Essén, Sven Kullander (April 3, 2011), Experimental test of a mini-Rossi device at the Leonardocorp, Bologna, 29 March 2011

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
Wow, I hate to get my hopes up, but this sounds like this could be some good news for a change.
Here's a link to another site that has some video:
www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com...

that is a blog by Rossi - one of the 2 guys running it.

the wiki article gives some interesting background info - clearly the attempts to suppress this are failing since the powers that be can't'even scare up someone to deface it!

en.wikipedia.org...

If it is as simple as it seems then it should be easily replicable and there won't be any controversy about it at all

But let's face it, the history of cold fusion mostly mostly a history of fraud - and when something doesn't work it is usually 'cos it's not valid, not because tptb have altered the laws of het universe so that it remains hidden.

So always hopeful....always cautious.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I hope so. We need something big to lift up the poor in the world and to prevent climate change from potentially becoming a nightmare. We have so many challenges ahead. Cheap energy is so important. I don't know what this post is really about. I did not click the link. So forgive me if it's garbage science. I look to nuclear, I look to clean coal, concentrated solar, cheap solar, cheap fast growing biomass to replace coal?, few other things. We need something. We need breakthroughs like when we harnessed electromagnetic induction. We're all in this together so follow the golden rule and help your neighbors and be a good friend and always love.
edit on 7-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
After looking into this I am very skeptical. The makers of this technology are being too secretive.

This is more interesting I saw an article in my local newspaper about it:
www.katu.com ...

Can go here to find their website:
www.pacificdomes.com ...

There's something that's real. Well, as far as I can tell.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I can understand Rossi's secrecy. As the lone inventor, he knows that this will be stolen from him and must develop it with as much secrecy as possible. His only chance is to keep ahead of the competition by coming up wth a salable unit before the details get out.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
if its as revolutionary as it seems why try to patent it? why not just release the plans on the internet so everyone can make use of it? if i found out how to get free energy i wouldnt be holding on to it to try and profit i would tell everyone so it cant be covered up and profited from by anyone seeking to keep it hidden and private.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join