It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Focardi and Rossi demonstrate Cold Fusion!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just a little research: as posted on the Italian blog mar za forum, Rossi owns or work for the Leonardo Corporation based in Bedford, USA Leonardo Corp

I already posted some info about Focardi in my previous post. Anyway it is getting some attention on the Italian news, at least locally:
Il Resto del Carlino
La Repubblica - Bologna

The Repubblica article says that the scientific world is anyway skeptic because they do not have access to the reactor and cannot have explanations how it works because otherwise Rossi should pay damages to his investors. They also decided to avoid peer-review (they claim peer-review can be a kind of bad spam filter which prevents good ideas to get through). They actually don't know how it works. Focardi says:

I miei colleghi non ci credono, sono scettici. Non so come un protone di idrogeno possa entrare nel nucleo di nichel, ma avviene. Ed è la strada dell'energia per l'umanità

Translation: "My colleagues do not believe it, they are skeptical. I don't know how an hydrogen proton can get into the nichel nucleus, but it do happens. And it's the energy pathway for mankind"

I hope he is right

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeUpOrDie
lets put it this way, these concepts are already integrated into current military technology, which I have seen and used first hand.

Such as?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

lets put it this way, these concepts are already integrated into current military technology, which I have seen and used first hand.

Such as?

I took an oath... believe me, I'd LOVE to share, but sorry

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

But your oath does not preclude you from alluding to them on a public forum?

What branch of the service or agency was this?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Did anybody else notice that diagram of the electron orbiting the proton, and how it depicts the starlike path of the electron as it orbits around the proton?

I was following your links and made my way to random links.. one was about mechanical energy from the vacuum field. This interested me in that it provided a plausible explanation for the orbit of the electron (how it oscillates). The electron shell and proton shell are induced into a state of oscillation by virtual particles popping in and out of existence. It is this random foam that results in quantum behaviour. It is this field which keeps particles from collapsing in upon themselves. It is this field which is responsible for the resulting macroscopic evidence of quantum behaviour.

The double slit experiment shows this wave pattern demonstrating the quantum nature of reality. You see, the zero point field has almost no effect on things if you are looking at a single piece of it (ask about how much of an impact virtual particles have on things and you'll get told basically nothing, unless they get into hawking radiation from black holes inducing real particle creation). If you look at the field as a whole you'd realize that it is massive, and has a massive energy potential which can likely one day be tapped into. And indeed it can once we achieve suitable engineering and precision in nanotech.

Interestingly I beginning to feel that my intuition on the notion of the vacuum field was right -- that indeed it has a huge impact on reality and the universe and yet scientists will say that it is more elusive than neutrino oscillation (which co-incidentally could be explained by the same mechanism -- the vacuum field).

I would be impressed if that thing actually worked, it looks like buddy used some renold's wrap shielding (tin foil from the supermarket) and I don't speak italian so I have no clue. Instead of building it out of a garage they rented some office space and made a presentation in front of a half a dozen people. Not the reception I would expect for working cold fusion, and if I'd invented it I could walk down town and back and get a riotous crowd following me if I claimed I could take them right away to a room and demonstrate cold fusion.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

The identity of people who were in attendance doesn't prove that the device is real. It only proves that they attended the event.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I would actually care, because I'm interested in actually understanding the world around me. And let's see...there's a chemical reaction, nuclear fission, standard or 'hot' nuclear fusion, pv systems, wind turbines, wave generators...I mean, I'd have to exclude everything else.

All I'm saying is that this claim, like many pseudoscience claims, smells fishy. I'm reserving judgment for now on its validity, but it doesn't seem very legit.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I will educate you, but you'll need to drop that ego.

You aren't privy to what I know and have worked with in my profession. but don't be so sure of yourself when replying to folks. a lot of them have made much more accurate statements than you are making and refuting.

Breathtaking ignorance .

You chide madnessinmysoul for exhibiting ego only for you to follow with .....

Not everyone is so gullible . On ATS you are expected to back up any such fanciful claim ...... they are a dime a dozen .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

well madnessman, i hate to burst your ego, but you are looking at this from a layman's point of view while I'm seeing it from 'inside the industry' so to speak. I will educate you, but you'll need to drop that ego.

Logical fallacy x2:
Special pleading (access to special knowledge)
Poisoning the well (claiming I have an "ego" to drop)

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Conjecture and a blatant ignorance of science. There is no such things as 'free' energy. Even cold fusion wouldn't be 'free', it would just be cheap.

Let's not make this an argument about semantics. we all know something is not created from nothing. but cold fusion AND free energy devices both get their energy from a readily available unlimited source.

There is no "readily available unlimited source" or energy. Energy is limited. Were it unlimited it would require an unlimited amount of space to contain it and that would mean we would have a logically contradiction on our hands.

now its nice to see a cold fusion tech breaking into the mainstream... but as they said, FREE ENERGY is where its at, which doesn't require the manipulation of matter at all.

Matter must be manipulated to attain energy. Energy as defined by physics is inherently tied to matter. Energy is the potential of matter to do work.

when we say 'free' we are extracting energy from the fabric of space itself. space is seething with energy.

No, it isn't. This is a shockingly ignorant claim. Space only has a set amount of energy in it. The air in my room has enough energy to move the molecules so that the are heated to...whatever the temperature of my room is, I'm guessing somewhere around 65F. Once you've extracted the energy from my room and the temperature in my room (were it a closed system) got down to absolute zero...you're done. You cannot extract the energy from 'space'.

the trick is figuring out how to extract it when there is no energy gradient. meaning energy per volume of space is equal in all directions making it hard to extract.

If there is energy in 'space'...where is it stored? How is it stored?

Energy is the potential of matter to do work. You cannot extract it from somewhere without matter.

but once it was figured out how our reality itself is continuously created from higher order dimensions and how to access them. they found the gradient they were looking for that allowed for the extraction of the energy. across a 'dimensional gradient'.

Pseudoscientific nonsense.

Special pleading.

Please, provide evidence for your claim.

so someone like you who doesn't have a clue about this stuff to call it ignorant conjecture gave me a great belly laugh. it is you sir who is showing your ignorance.

Says the person who doesn't seem to understand the most basic concepts of what energy is.

We need other scientists to repeat the experiment that purports to be a cold fusion reaction. If those scientists do the exact same experiment with the exact same conditions and don't get the exact same results...well, then the claim is bogus.

blah blah blah. yes this idea is all well and good if the scientist understood enough about the principals involved to recreate the experiment. the problem is, these scientist are funded by TPTB and it has been demonstrated time and time again over the last 100 years that, when the TPTB want to hide something they will.

Claiming that there's a conspiracy doesn't prove the point, you're just arguing that any refutation of the claim is actually validating of the claim. This is purely illogical.

And "TPTB" don't actually exist. There's no evidence for them. They're not even defined.

so your idea is a great one, in the naive world that you live in. unfortunately we live in the real world, where what you suggest has been tried many times over, with TPTB guarantying failure.... and oil continues to rule the world.

Except that "TPTB" would actually benefit from 'free energy' like everyone else. They'd be able to expand consumer culture all across the world and reap enormous benefits.

Yes, because China would just give away devices that violate all conceptions of physics...they wouldn't just use them to dominate the world.

sir, when you have no idea about what is going on behind the scenes, you are not qualified to offer an accurate opinion on China's actions. China is not 'giving away' anything. this tech has been around in the black world as I had mentioned for 100 years. many countries already have this, its not a secret. All China is doing is giving a big middle finger to those who benefit from this technology being suppressed.

Yes, because China itself wouldn't benefit from that sort of suppression. A nation that currently has issues with human rights violations, is going to not benefit from the suppression of technology.

I guess I'm really being a bit unfair to you madnessboy. You aren't privy to what I know and have worked with in my profession. but don't be so sure of yourself when replying to folks. a lot of them have made much more accurate statements than you are making and refuting.

Says someone who doesn't understand basic physics.

but thanks for the laugh

And thanks for reminding me why I don't tend to poke my head outside of O&C and the religious forums. I forget that there are people crazier than creationists.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i didn't say anything that isn't already out there on the net, and that is as much as I am going to say

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

But your oath does not preclude you from alluding to them on a public forum?

What branch of the service or agency was this?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Buddy, when I have personally seen and used for many years the technology you claim doesn't exist, I don't know what to do but laugh. You are a bafoon.

All you did was claim everything I said was 'ignorant'. When in fact, you just saying this only displays how ignorant you are!!!! Have you cracked open a physics book that was written after 1895?

No, it isn't. This is a shockingly ignorant claim

There is no "readily available unlimited source" or energy. Energy is limited. Were it unlimited it would require an unlimited amount of space to contain it and that would mean we would have a logically contradiction on our hands.

Oh yeah... Have you ever heard of an advancement in science called 'quantum physics'. Have you heard of the Casimir effect? Do you know there is enough energy in a cup of space to boil an ocean? Well let me introduce you to 1950s era physics

NASA - Some Emerging Possibilities (current realities)

From NASA
In simplistic terms it has been said that there is enough energy in the volume the size of a coffee cup to boil away Earth’s oceans. - that’s one strong cup of coffee! For a while a lot of physics thought that concept was too hard to swallow. This vacuum energy is more widely accepted today.

What evidence shows that it exists?

First predicted in 1948, the vacuum energy has been linked to a number of experimental observations. Examples include the Casimir effect, Van der Waal forces, the Lamb-Retherford Shift, explanations of the Planck blackbody radiation spectrum, the stability of the ground state of the hydrogen atom from radiative collapse, and the effect of cavities to inhibit or enhance the spontaneous emission from excited atoms.

And if you would have read my earlier post you would see how they went about extracting the energy even though the energy is considered at 'ground state' with no gradient. Do you know what an energy gradient is? Or will you call a concept you never heard of 'ignorant'? I feel like i'm house breaking a puppy dog here.

Also I suggest you start by reading up on the Casimir effect

Casimir Effect

Now I know this stuff might be a little above you head. I would have given you the benefit of the doubt but that comment you made about 'only enough energy to move air molecules around' demonstrates to me you have a lot of catching up to do in the world of modern physics.

So do you see when you claim proven 1950's era physics is a 'shockingly ignorant claim' how silly it makes you look?

Please, as I said earlier, do some research before you make an even bigger fool of yourself

edit on 17-1-2011 by wakeUpOrDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

i didn't say anything that isn't already out there on the net, and that is as much as I am going to say

I was not asking about what may or may not be 'out there on the net', I was asking specifically about allusions you made that referenced the Original Post and are germaine to the topic and which you subsequently refused to reveal.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Energy in "Space" does not have to exist in our plane. If you think of reality as multi-tiered, like plywood (but comprised of space-time) it would be possible to have a plane of pure energy. I don't know. haven't seen or been there, so i can't say, but some may know more.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

SO you have read "the hunt for zero point" I see,
That is where the quote "enough energy in a tea cup to boil the ocean " came from.

Yes every time a thread comes up on the topic of cold fusion there is always someone
who chimes in with info that just happens to be from Nick Cooks book.
I'm surprised it took this long.

I will believe it when I see it.
I hope it's real.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I hear you man. But I'm just saying, I have gotten excited countless times over similar breakthroughs, and literally within days all news of it disappeared and it was never talked about again. No follow up, no "let's see where technology X is now" stories, nothing.

I predict the same will happen with this "world changing device".

Tell you what, Around this time next year, I will bump this thread to remind everyone how quickly this got swept under the rug

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Educate someone? All you've done is say "It's real cause I and my super secret line of work says so".

Most everything you say in your second paragraph there are common knowledge elementary statements and memes related to "free energy". Put another way, you've only made a bunch of claims and failed to show how any of them are proven true. You haven't provided any so-called "education". Only recitation of what others have said before you.

The funny thing is, when you do attempt to get scientific you completely fail to demonstrate knowledge of simple terms. An energy gradient is any change in energy, they are everywhere in space and no one needs to try and seek out higher dimensions to find them. Even Einstein said one of his biggest mistakes was declaring the Universe "static", if you even understand how that applies. Your "higher dimensions" have only been proven on paper and blackboards.

To be honest, it sounds like you are just rewording stuff from another website without knowing what it really means.

Oh, it's true because your super secret Tricorder and Lightsaber really really work?
You do understand that the military would ditch oil tomorrow if they really could.
Being at the mercy of petroleum is a HUGE disadvantage.

You claim you work for TPTB in your super stealthy secret "industry" with your "military" Tricorder and Lightsaber that really really work. So all the **** you talked about the government applies to you as well.

I don't think you understand what peer review actually means, just like your failure to understand so many other elementary scientific concepts like what an energy gradient is.

Now you're an expert on China?
No doubt knowledge learned from your military Tricorder and Lightsaber hardware contacts.

Unfair? You don't even understand that your argument is a complete failure.

but thanks for the laughs.

People don't take oaths to work on secret projects.

They get background checks, and then sign NDAs.

Precisely my point, you haven't said anything special.
Even though you claim secret knowledge and a willingness to "educate" a certain poster.

I'd say you've failed to put your money where your mouth is by claiming to "educate" someone, and then claiming that the knowledge you are gonna educate him with is really secret and you can't tell anyone, so you won't actually be educating anyone with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Again, you claim to have access to super secret Tricorders and Lightsabers. Then you fail to explain how they prove you right.

If you had actually gotten clearance and signed an NDA, you wouldn't even be revealing that you work with such super secret Tricorders and Lightsabers. If any of your fantasy was true, you just let every superpower in the world know that you personally work on super secret Tricorders and Lightsabers and have made yourself a target.

Your claims aren't ignorant, they are lies pure and simple to give you fake credibility. Again, you should stop trying to "educate" people or point out their level of knowledge. You don't even know what an energy gradient is.

All the energy in a cup of anything doesn't prove that space contains unlimited energy, it only proves that energy can be stored. It also proves what I suspected, that you don't understand what you are talking about, and are just rewording something you've read. Kind of like a parrot copies words, but doesn't really know how to use them.

You can yell Casimir all you want, it only proves that a reaction can occur. It does not prove that the reaction is powered by unlimited energy. Again, you've proven your ability to copy what others have said, but you don't understand it....like a parrot.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caymanboi
Amazing invention. As the Federal Reserve is falling and the world leaders seemingly understanding that the petrol/oil run is coming to an end.... This comes in on time. However several years too late still, but great to see this ready for deployment.

I do not think that this one will be shelved after patent purchase... the timing just seems right, I have a feeling this will be released.

Flagged it.

I agree with you, maybe it is time to allow this release. I know that for years their have been patents bought out and shelved because of the danger to the economy of the world. There can be another reason also, maybe many of the elite are dying off and their offspring aren't so into their parents idea of the world. With the gatekeepers dying off nobody is watching the gates and/or don't care. I mean if you where born in the early 70's you grew up seeing science fiction and/or reading it. You also have had your own theories of what the world should be like and someones family ancient belief may not be enough for them. People want the future, and TPTB are doing everything they can to stop it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Certainly, reserve judgement all you want. Just know that the science will follow the practical application.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
things like this are what lead me to believe 2012 is more of a new way of life rather than an "end times" scenario.

cold fusion has so many possibilities. this is HUGE HUGE HUGE and i can't understand why this only has 78 flags. watched cnn and msnbc all day today waiting to hear something. and to no avail, my being naive just wasted my day. i am absolutely shocked that i have heard no news of these events

,,,,,,,,,,HUGE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join