It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing new technology: 3D vision WITHOUT glasses !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
HA HA HA thanks For Showing Me That Video It Was Gold... I Havent Laughed Like That For A While.
Not A Hope In Hell Of Anyone Buying That Crap.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Thats funny! What happens though if you get stuck like that for some reason. Its a joke it has to be.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Even though it looks crazy, I can see it hitting the market and selling hundreds of millions of units if marketed by the right company and produced in such mass quantities in a country like China or India in order to keep the price down.

The REM (Rapid Eyelid Movement) caused by the electrical influences at the corners of the eyes would make the muscles in the eyelids much stronger, just like electrical influences can make your abs stronger with much greater muscle tone in a short period of time.

Of course hundreds of millions of people would purchase such a device if the price was right. Who wouldn't want to go and see all of the movies that are available to be seen in 3D right in front of you? I believe everyone would want to see their favorite movies in 3D and their favorite serial shows in 3D also. His YouTube videos have over 1 million watchers already, there is definitely a huge market already for such technology just by looking at the YouTube numbers.
edit on 17-1-2011 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Ya, my first thought was about the eye lids getting super strong muscles in them. That might get kinda freaky after awhile. It would change your appearance for sure.

Once his lids were going full force there was something mesmerizing about it -- kinda like someone fluttering their eye lids at you, but way extreme.

weird

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Okay, I'm gonna say this is a fake. The filming is perfect, editing is perfect, he comes across as an actor. A guy creating something like this would probably not have those kinds of facilities.

The idea seems completely possible, although I'm pretty sure the position of those electrodes is not right for creating that sort of controlled movement. The muscles of the eyelids do not extend around the sides of the skull as far as I am aware.
In addition, you would need a current through the muscle, and this is not supplying that current from one side to the other.
This would also affect the focusing of the eye, meaning that your retina would not have time to adjust for each image. Even if it does, I doubt your vision would be stable for long.

Even if such a thing were possible it would definitely not make it to market in the majority of countries. Even if there are no immediately obvious negative effects, governments would be influenced by health departments and it would be banned.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This has got to be a joke. this looks way worse then glasses.

3d without ANYTHING is what I want.

Could you imagine walking into a dark movie theater, trying to get to your seat, while the whole room is blinking like that. scary #.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

It is not fake in the sense that his eyelids were fluttering faster than without some sort of stimulous. They fluttered opposite to each other as well, which again is not something you could do naturaly; at least not at that speed. So the electrodes have to be effective in at least causing the flutter.

Now whether this alternating fluttering will actually result in 3D is another matter. I would have to assume that the frequency of the fluttering would have to be in complete sinc with whatever is built into the movie/broadcast.

It does seem like sitting thru an entire movie with this thing would be a stretch.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by detachedindividual

It is not fake in the sense that his eyelids were fluttering faster than without some sort of stimulous. They fluttered opposite to each other as well, which again is not something you could do naturaly; at least not at that speed. So the electrodes have to be effective in at least causing the flutter.

I personally think it's CGI. Not hard to do.
They clearly have high quality equipment, this wasn't filmed with a small hand-held camera. So it's not a stretch to me that they would be able to do a little CGI to create that effect.

It is possible to do that just through the electrical stimulation of muscle and tendons. But for this specific effect to be achieved, I believe he would need electrodes at each side of both eyes, closer to the eye.

If you've ever experienced a tens machine it's quickly apparent that this would not be comfortable for long. A person would only be able to suffer this kind of thing for a few minutes before pulling those electrodes off.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This exemplifies everything that is wrong in the world today. So many people appear to be confused between progress and doing things just because we can. This new '3D technology' firmly sits in the later and should be avoided by all and sundry.

IRM

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
wow that is crazy! the fact that there are devices which can do that to your eye lids is unbelievable! It's like something straight out of star-trek or any other sci-fi movie/tv show. Seen so many shows exactly like that where they put 2 metal things on either side of the head. This is so freaking creepy!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ummmmm....

no sir...i will not wear anything that makes any part of my body act in ways it is not suppose to.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can only think that would not be good for you down the road or long term use. Interesting but I just think there are other ways to enjoy 3D, without risking your health.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
LOL wow.. this has gotta be a joke, isn't the "scientist" in that video Balki (If you don't know who Balki is, it's a guy from a show that used to be on TV called Perfect Strangers)

This is who played "Balki"
en.wikipedia.org...

Bronson Alcott Pinchot (born May 20, 1959) is an American actor. He has appeared in several feature films, including Risky Business, Beverly Hills Cop (and reprising his popular supporting role in Beverly Hills Cop III), The First Wives Club, True Romance, Courage Under Fire and It's My Party. Pinchot is probably best known for his role in the ABC family sitcom Perfect Strangers as Balki Bartokomous from the (fictional) Greek-like island of Mypos.

Somehow, I REALLY doubt people are gonna hook up little cameras to their face that make their eyes blink like crazy at different times.. but hey, who knows... I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

One step closer to mind control.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Sure it would be really cool, until of course somebody had a Seizure, threw up all over the place, died, then their family decided to sue the company for a few million dollars anyway...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join