It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing new technology: 3D vision WITHOUT glasses !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
OK, now this is bizzare indeed. In this video, the man demonstrates a new technology for manifesting visions of 3D images in space without glasses or goggles.

He affixes two tiny thimble-sized electrical devices to either side of his head. When switched on, they make his eyes blink very rapidly, almost fluttering, with the left and the right blinking at different frequencies.

Through this, apparently, he recapituales the traditional 3D-movie experience. If I understand correctly (and I'm not sure I do), 3D glasses work by creating different frequencies at which the light reaches your left and right eye in the theatre. This invention does it by inducing ultra-fast eyeblinks electrically.

I find it fascinating but the implications are disturbing. It can't be natural to zap your eyelids so they flutter like that, and who knows what the long-term effects could be? Also, there is the whole electic-brain-mind-control-survalience thing (naturally comes to mind at a conspiracy site, of course).

It's a brave new world out there...

edit on 1/16/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
just a beginning of transhuminism! disgusting!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah I don't know how good having your eyes flutter constantly is for your overall eye health. Feels like there would be alot of strain.

Now I know that Sony has a 3D television that does not require glasses, it uses a special pane of glass that simply projects the image in front of itself.

Besides, they should be looking into holograms for 3D effects in the future, it would be far easier to do then actually have something that changes your physical behaviour.

Good find though

~Keeper
edit on 1/16/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Is this for real?
If so, thank you, i prefer even the green-red ones that came with my magazine

Although it'd be quite amusing if this went mainstream.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
thats just freaky man, think about the whole family sitting in the couch blinking their eyes hahaa freaky!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
WTF! that is amazing!

Somehow i just cant see this catching on,that does not look comfortable! lol
edit on 16/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I guess you haven't heard of the Nintendo 3DS? which will also have 3D without glasses, it works because one half of the pixels will aim towards the left eye, the other will aim towards the right eye creating the illusion.

It's much more comfortable than the OP video lol.
edit on 16-1-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just imagine putting those electrodes on the neck or another area of the face. You could get a lot of contractions going in the neck and maybe this would help to exercise the neck. Women would probably pay for something like that instead of getting a face lift. Maybe it would even clear your sinuses. Although those electrodes could probably be pretty dangerous if used near the heart or on the wrong part of the body.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Me thinks it is a ruse.

That kind of application would never hit retail.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I saw that video for the first time yesterday, and it cracked me up. I hope this is only a joke

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That is -CREEEEPY-

It kinda looks like the Matrix whenever they uploaded information to their brains.

Somehow I know this technology can't be healthy for the eyes.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Imagine that your eyes keep blinking for next 10-11 hours for watching the whole Lord of the Rings Movie in one day. I wonder what side effect will it cause?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That rapid blinking effect is pretty freaky though. It would be a good effect for a movie where someone is possessed and they are trying to do an exorcism. It just looks so weird. I wonder how it feels to have the eyelids going like that. It makes my eyes tear up just thinking about it. Maybe it would be a good cure for dry eye though. There are a lot of people who suffer from that. Maybe just get some electrodes instead of buying those artificial tears.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Lol , I totally didnt expect that, too bad Im sure it wont catch on, I would like to try it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Or maybe it would just make you very sleepy. So if you had insomnia, just attach the electrodes and blink your way into feeling sleepy. It would save on sleeping pills.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aslpride

The same effect you will have after 50 cup of coffee !! !! In addition you just risk epilepsy, heart disease and so on...

IMO, this is not going to be the solution for a long watching time...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This will never take on if only because you look even more ridiculous doing this than you do while wearing bulky 3D glasses. People don't like looking ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Uncomfortable, weird, crazy, call it what you like but I would guess that as this is a new way of producing 3D it will not be too long before someone finds a more sinister use for it. Maybe incorporate it with rfid and make people see and hear whatever TPTB want the underlings to experience, just a thought. Most technology ends up being used for a more sinister reason after first extolling the virtues of it to us so that we become used to the new ideas.
Peace and freedom

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I wonder who funded this idioitc technology.

Why one earth would anyone want their eyes doing that? That doesn't seem healthy.

S+F for the strange and unusual.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think this is the same concept as the Nintendo 3DS. They said it was a secret how it worked, I think they use the screen flicker from the two screens to create the same effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join