It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEK (Black Eyed Kids) wikipedia entry deleted???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I suspect they were deleted by people at the top. I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot more BEKs around, and those at the top would prefer people not to know about BEKs so people will just assume they are normal children.

I mean, what sort of person wastes their time trying to delete things on Wiki they don't agree with?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I suspect they were deleted by people at the top. I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot more BEKs around, and those at the top would prefer people not to know about BEKs so people will just assume they are normal children.

I mean, what sort of person wastes their time trying to delete things on Wiki they don't agree with?

Exactly. I dont agree with a lot of things but im not on wikipedia trying to have their subjects removed, regardless of how ridiculous they may sound. Im glad someone sees what I mean!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The deletion rational (and links to earlier discussions) is located here. I opposed the deletion, supplied additional sources, etc.

Despite what policy states, the votes are actually treated as votes. I don't agree with the administration of Wikipedia which is why I no longer contribute as much as I used to because of simply BS like this.

Personally, I feel they used the wrong notability criteria to judge the article (as you can see in my argument), but the admins don't care about quality of arguments. Only consensus (which means votes).

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

OH dude, thats GARBAGE!!! LEt me know if it reopens, can I vote FOR it? I'll back you... I believe it is a subject worth having up, citing hundreds of eyewitness accounts, etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I was just at Wikipedia reading about why the article on BEKs was deleted. It seems the reason highest on the list is that originally, the very first BEK account (by Bethel) was placed on a message-board or old usenet group board online which is not the most legitimate place to call a "source." It doesn't matter that Bethel was a journalist of apparently reasonable reputation at the time or even now - it's that almost all commentary, discussion and writing about BEKs stems from that usenet post of Bethel's in 1998.

I can't find the wiki-page anymore (I'm sorry - I crashed my browser with too many open windows about an hour ago so I lost the link) but I originally found it from the url it was at when it was still published and that was posted on a different forum... the published url quite naturally led to some links about which wikipedia members and authors flagged the article (3 nominations for deletion) to be trashed.

In any case, there were good reasons why the article was deleted from wikipedia, however, I study lore, urban legends, etc., and believe that ALL ACCOUNTS about BEKs are worth checking out. I can't quite believe that an "unexplained" topic that has so much attention all over the net was deemed worthy of deletion and that the discussion page concerning the deletion had links for others to write, if possible, a BETTER, more legitimate article on BEKs to replace the one that was deleted lol

(how will another member know whether or not he/she is writing the same details or not if there is no copy left of the old article?)

How the public reacts to these accounts/stories is as important to me as whether or not BEKs exist or not. I'm a little upset that I can't find the link anymore to the discussion on why the article was deleted - that was important, too, as it showed more of the general public belief and comments on phenomena that is difficult to understand and verify... The fact that BEK accounts keep being posted online tells many things about society, community, possibly even a phenomena we need to pay attention to...

And now I'll stop rambling on and on.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's always curious when things like this are deleted. Suspicious indeed. This is more interesting than some of the eye witness accounts, even ridiculous stuff is allowed on wiki, so why not something like this? It's certainly worth looking into.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

LMAO! Thats right, forgot about him. And no I dont think it did, that was a good while ago rofl. There could be any number of explanations of why people see these BEK's though... from hallucinations to overactive imaginations, to legitimate paranormal activities.

Or just a reoccurring fad.

Many things become popular then fade away only to be brought to the newer generations attention and its all the buzz again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join