It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Source

Built upon Thirteen Techniques for Truth Suppression by David Martin, the following may be useful to the initiate in the world of dealing with veiled and half-truth, lies, and suppression of truth when serious crimes are studied in public forums. This, sadly, includes every day news media, one of the worst offenders with respect to being a source of disinformation. Where the crime involves a conspiracy, or a conspiracy to cover up the crime, there will invariably be a disinformation campaign launched against those seeking to uncover and expose the truth and/or the conspiracy. There are specific tactics which disinfo artists tend to apply, as revealed here. Also included with this material are seven common traits of the disinfo artist which may also prove useful in identifying players and motives.

While I feel many are aware of these tactics and see through them, I found this to be a semi-concise tutorial. While I find this to be a remedial topic...sometimes it's best to start from scratch and take a step back to see just how easily one can be swayed.

Nothing beats reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War if you really want to see how both verbal and physical conflicts are utilized.

Sun Tzu Art of War

edit on 16-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thank you for your post, this an important topic for discussion, and the more light that can be shed in this area the better. I'm going to post a video that I feel is germane to this subject.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I think number 9,12,13,17,19 are the biggest ones you run into online. I remember the one thread that viewed child support as a form of slavery, I just had to take a break from because of people playing dumb and ignoring rational statements.

new topics

join