It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man reports illegal Florida DEP toxic waste dumping, home gets raided.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

In the course of his business, he stumbled upon some illegal activities carried out by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), including state employees dumping toxic waste in Florida water reclamation areas.

On Friday, Hamilton County sheriff’s deputies and Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) agents, dressed in tactical gear and armed with assault rifles, served him with a search warrant. Agents seized his computer, cell phone, video camera, and other items. However, Burton has not been charged with any crime.

Source: 1787network.com...

Sounds like a case of politics as usual in Florida, which of course seems to be at almost Illinois levels of corruption. Its none the less quite disturbing that an organization tasked with helping save the environment has decided instead to help destroy it. The warrant is attached to the article and mystically states "there is probable cause to believe that certain laws have been violated" without bothering to say what laws may have been violated. You would think it would be required that it has to be stated exactly what is being done wrong. But apparently not.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Gee, could the thugs be any more heavy-handed?

Oh wait, they could have pulled a Ruby Ridge and killed his wife or kid.

How does DEP get away with flaunting the judge's orders to release the logs?

This is clearly a crooked mess at DEP; they are guilty of not only violating Florida's Sunshine laws, but also operating under flag of authority to cover up a possible conspiracy and alleged wrong doing in violating their own regulations, and probably federal law as well.

Hell, I bet there's a civil rights violation in there as well that could be prosecuted.

edit on 16-1-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Starred and Flagged!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have become extremely weary of the govt agencies that tell the people what is legal and what is illegal then don't follow the laws and regulations they are tasked with enforcing. Similar to the tax cheats in government like Charlie Rangel. Do what we tell you to do but we will do whatever we want. I call BS.

Then to retaliate against someone who catches you is the height of arrogance.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
S&F for the alert

and what with the situation in the GoM

Greed, that's what it's all about: protecting their disgusting little racket

Isitjustme: no dude, your not the only one.
edit on 16-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & correction

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow,
dump a bunch of toxic chemicals and blame it on the Oil spill and corexit.
sound plausible to me

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry...I posted a similar thread in the "Breaking News" forum. I swear I searched.

Anyhow, good thread! How did you hear about this? I got it from a Tea Party email.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The State's contempt for ordinary plebes knows no bounds.

Bob's house was shot up with automatic weapons recently, and the 911 call reports the shooters to be family members of a Hamilton County Commissioner

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is corruption on third world scale that is happening here. All of this due to the Agenda 21 plans and corruption in the political system. The search warrant says there was a violation of law due to the recording of a conversation with the public official yet these conversations are always recorded and the warrant never said either party did anything wrong.

And to think this is less than 50 miles northwest of where I live, it's scary.

new topics

top topics

join