It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigaHawk
I work for the Australian Government.

Does it worry you that i get involved in this site?

It depends... what branch of the Government?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
i mean you have to admit, if you type ATS search on Google comes out various list but one of them is called uncovering government top secrets?? and now youre here.. and that doesn't bother you guys at all? what better way to "uncover" and put it on a site.."deny ignorance"??? is more like a watch list.

And now you're on the secret list yourself. we now have your browsing history, your Email addresses, your SS number and your bank details, because everytime you access this site, cookies send us the most recent information. Also there is a trojan we install on every add that reports your web habits back to us, so we know what you get up to.

You're done now. WE have you under top secret investigation. Expect a knock on the door.

;/a

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I always thought this was a government operated site, to keep track of their enemas

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It bothers me any time the government is involved in anything. That being said, there is too much common sense on this site for the government and we all know how they feel about common sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

i mean you have to admit, if you type ATS search on Google comes out various list but one of them is called uncovering government top secrets?? and now youre here.. and that doesn't bother you guys at all? what better way to "uncover" and put it on a site.."deny ignorance"??? is more like a watch list.

I don't really know who controls/moderates ATS, but I do know it is highly biased. Many of my threads concerning topics that can basically stop alien abduction have been either deleted or moved to the religious area. You don't have to believe me but I feel it is unfair to let some people hold their beliefs of what aliens are and not let others. Either way they cannot stop you having your opinion, but just look at the opinions that take over others to give you a good indication in who actually runs this website.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

Originally posted by TigaHawk
I work for the Australian Government.

Does it worry you that i get involved in this site?

It depends... what branch of the Government?

Citec.

I get teh exciting job of changing tape backups every now and then, and spending the other 11 hours of my shift picking my nose.

Its great.

But i also know this is a prime reason why aus gov is in debt. There are so many people in gov here that get paid purely to arrive at work. And stay in the building from 9-5, and go home.

Heck, theres only 1 of us in our team who does not do shift work - i dont know what she does here - and ive been here 6 months. She rocks up mon-fri - and news/realestate.com all day.

Anyway - back to the subject.....

I feel dirty working for government, because they are government. But i actualy realy appreciate this job. First thign thrown at me in a while that actualy has job security, and leave/sick pay. And unfortunately because im pretty much in a room in the basement all day..... if there is stuff exciting and devious going on here - im missing it

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

1. The idea that there are enough NSA / FBI / CIA minions to monitor and analyze the whole of dissenting voices puts far too much value in the salary budget, the competency of federal employees, and too little value in the shear numbers of dissenters to the status-quo.

2. In my very humble opinion, if one does not agree with the status quo and is not already on a list- they simply aren't doing enough yet.

3. If by expressing distrust in one's government, one may be targeted and scrutinized by said government- this evidences fear, a chilling effect on free expression, disenfranchisement and greater problems than ever could be dealt with by "getting onto a list" somewhere. It contradicts the simple principle of participation (enfranchisement) with politics. It discourages expression and influence, thus further isolating citizens from their means of effecting change. It increases alternative methodology or systems to the status quo.

I say, be honest, be polite, be clear, and speak your mind no who is listening. Don't do any crimes you don't have the time or neck to sacrifice, and role up your sleeves and get involved no matter the sideways glances. Who cares what "they" say if one is unwilling to share their own opinion?

(btw, I know I've gotten onto the list in my day... if I didn't, I wouldn't be doing enough in my opinion ;-)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

Hi TigaHawk

I was just busting your chops. I believe that around 12% of all Aussies employed work with the government at some level. Where would we be without the good folk from Nurses, Fire Fighters, Teachers, Centrelink (okay maybe not Centrelink) etc. I suppose it's just natural to expect that you might be from ASIO or worse still... a politician!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Internet discussion board....
Open debate, informed participants, moderators....
Checks and balances....
Government of the people....
Freedom of speech....
International Diplomacy, Foreign relations, peaceful disagreement/resolution....
Freedom of religion, or no religion

Does the Govt. run ATS? Highly unlikely. Do TPTB monitor activity here? Probably. There are lessons to be learned here, and civility goes a long way.Life, liberty and the pursuit of the perfect thread. Welcome to the world, remain skeptical, pursue knowledge and deny ignorance,

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

mate if u think that they cant control even the owners on here you are out of it. they can still seem to be in control, but guided. anyone can be got to. understand that? if they wanted this site down it would be down, so by it being up youve got to be very weary, especially if you are american! seems they love to get you people to take a swing and then when they got you down they really put the boot in.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I just want to know where I can sign up to get their job

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by golden144

nah man i think im drunk now...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

reply to post by here4awhile

heh..i said involved. not being run.

It would be par for the course for them to have set up a site just like this, watch youtubes videos about the CIA secrets, that is a government production if I've ever seen one, sometimes they will expose small secrets of theirs portayed as a conspiricy theory, to possibly divert from a more lucritive agenda, or operation

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Well, in that case .... let me use this opportunity to say hello to all those brilliant folks for the great work they had been doing lately. Most people don't know how hard you guys work, under so bad conditions, underpayed and working overtime without breaks, besides the lack of benefits like 401k or health insurance.

Also understand how much you may suffer, wearing all day those ellegant suits and dresses....that's tough. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I always thought it would take hardly any resources to put some disinfo agents on here - virtually no cost!! And with some of the nutty things I've seen on here, I'd swear they were posted to discredit the rest of us.

edit on 17/1/2011 by BombDefined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
does it bother you that the government is involved in every aspect of your life and there's nothing you can do about it? i don't care anymore, they can watch and listen all they want. i'll continue to call them all bastards, and if that pisses them off, all the better...at least we can be assured they're hearing us. and if they ever try to abridge my right to criticize and frequent sites like ATS then i'm not embarrassed to say (right here in front of which ever government goon is reading this) that i will join an armed revolutionary movement (to my own peril i'm sure). our government is a busy body, but i doubt that they'll take severe measures any time soon like what i've described or move from annoying little watching brother to big brother. i have an immense amount of faith in our system yet, no matter how corrupt it gets. we just have to say and do what we were going to say and do before, let them get bored.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
John Lear

ATS is CIA Front
Above Top Secretis a CIA Front

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
there are many many serious researchers on this site. there are many many posters whom i feel are running round in circles and there are members who come here for understanding. to the new members (i'm an old member btw) be aware agencies will watch this site. there have been a number of threads started a while ago accusing this site of being a 'cointelpro' (sp) operation and i am sure you will find these on the search engines. they all run into dead ends i am afraid. for those that wish to deny ignorance, carry on, do your research and keep your head down. remember do not feed the trolls.
if there is anyone on this board who has solid proof the agencies have a foothold on this site please do supply the evidence. otherwise continue as per 'normal'.
i will refer all (would be) honourable members to the reply i gave earlier on page 1.
regards f

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Its ironic. Deny ignorance means to deny ignorance exists. In the form of this site. Its obvious. None of it matters though..not really.

Its actually pretty cool once you step back and take it all in

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join