It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Domino Effect'? More Countries Recognize Independent Palestine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I found this article and was happy to see some positive news. The world seems to be changing around us at an amazing rate. Revolutions, new countries forming and now possibly the creation of the state on palastine.

Guyana became Thursday the seventh Latin American state to recognize an independent Palestinian state. Although the official recognitions are largely nominal, they have irked the State of Israel as they expose its growing diplomatic isolation in the face of the current peace deadlock.

It was the announcement in support of Palestinian statehood by Brazil on Dec. 3 that inspired other countries in the continent to follow suit. Since then, Uruguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, Chile, and now Guyana, have all offered such recognition.

There are now many countries that are recogonizing palastine as a nation, with many more predicted to follow suit including the usa. Israeli officials fear a 'domino effect'
Recent cables suggest that israel has been trying to keep palastine in a state of chaos and i am sure that sadly they will not welcome these changes.

"Time is running out. The Palestinians are going to the UN.

source: www.commondreams.org...

lets hope these changes bring adleast a shadow of peace to the area...

we can but hope

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If obama does this I will forgive him for everything.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
If obama does this I will forgive him for everything.

I agree. Not meant to be offensive, but South American countries recognizing Palestine won't affect anything. China, Russia, Europe, India, and the U.S. are what matters. Of course, the "death blow" would be the U.S. recognizing Palestine and the U.K. would follow, given how close they are in terms of strategy.

new topics

join