It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do members not give their location?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well there could be a series of possibilities to this question, either one I am a spy and trying to gather intelligent conversation for god know's what purposes. Two, I am not a spy just someone cruising online and am bat crap crazy. Three, I am just a dude who doesn't want crazies coming around to say hi without a doctors note, or Four, Cause I just freaking forgot. Which one sounds plausible?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Could be posting off world as well just to add.

UM JUST SAYEN Imagine a friendly E.T. wanted to post from mothership near sun or a Earth or moon D.U.M.B. I mean what location would they use as not to cause disturbance? JUST A THOUGHT

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Well they would just use their handlers location of course.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I would say you just forgot

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I dont care where youre from... you guys are too funny!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

My name says all anyone really needs to know about my location, but I dont have to come from a place to be able to see how rotten it can be . If we were all allowed only to comment on things that happen in our own nations, things would be a lot slower in this site.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I see interesting... Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You have inspired me to post my GE cords if it will accept #'s

Yeah I understand anoniminty sp?and it being a conspiracy site. blahhhh but in my case I have no reason to not say.

Mission accomplished sir.....
edit on 17-1-2011 by Doc Holiday because: damn OCD and blank info bars......

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doyle

i agree

that is exactly why i do not list my location, it is not about hiding it from those in power, they would know if they really wanted to, it is more about strangers knowing, who's motives i have no idea about.

its the same with games, i will not give away details to strangers.

then there is the fraud side of things also, some people put all their personal details on places like facebook, then post comments about when they are going out then wonder why they were burgled.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Because you never know when a person who goes by the moniker “crazy daisy” may come a calling because they don’t like something you say?

For what it’s worth, I am from the place where dreams go to die, Central Ohio, USA.

Pleasure to meet you, well maybe.

Trying to inject some much needed humor into this thread, though I have none of my own.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
No way, no way am I gonna tell 'em where I am man. They're tracking my every move. I've gotta watch my back, check for tails, make sure they're not behind me.

They've got helicopters following me, RFID trackers man, they're onto me.

No way they're going to get me, find me, I have to cover my tracks or they'll be banging on my door at 23 Wood St, Westbourne, Bournemouth.........oh crap!!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
lol mocking does not change the fact that giving out personal details to strangers is not a good idea.
people do not have to knock on your door to get information they can use for fraud or hoaxes or other purposes.

if you do your research you will find there are people out there who target people who give away to many details and personal information.

the video is just an example, it applies to the internet to.

edit on 17-1-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Personally I think ATS having my I.P address is enough .

---------

Though one of the funniest things I`ve seen on the `location` section, was somebody's geographic coordinates and written underneath ..... Please no I.C.B.M`s .

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If you guys will tell me where your located I will send 1000 stars to each and everyone! You've made me

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
common sense says that is personal information wouldn't ya think?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join