It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much more are the American people willing to take?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The US wont revolt, rebel, march or protest.

This is a cultural difference between European countries and the USA, where as we EU citizens have shown our governments the power we can still wield and the damage we can do to the economy, the US simply sit back and take it, the middle class sit comfortably, the richer get richer and the poorer continue to live out a desperate existence.

It would take something MASSIVE for the citizens of the US to stand up and voice their opinion, something which effects all classes and walks of life, until then...you will be pacified and your voices will not be listened to.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

WAKE UP Americans.... All the gadgets, thing a ma gigs... new fangled crap... is to keep you distracted.. I have gotten off from fac book, twitters. and etc...... I just read the news, run my small ranch and am getting off the GRID....

People you know do not know your every thought, feeling 24 hours a day....NEWS FLASH they really do not care either.

Americans have LOST most jobs due to corporate GREED... S-I-M-P-L-I-F-Y YOUR LIFE... Go do something in your community, plant a garden, walk, get back to nature....Help someone in need... This is what is important...
Not the new app in a computer screen that will be old on about a week!

This change for Americans is a lasting one. Get prepared to change yor lives, or one day soon you will wake up and be shocked... Good luck to us all.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

It's already happening. One man flies his plane into an IRS building. Another man shoots a congresswoman. People are losing everything. People are losing their minds and lashing out. It's class warfare. The tension is palpable. There's probably a million more like them who are one bad day away from self destructing.

I don't know how I would react to being jobless or homeless or both but I do know it's pointless to blame the elected officials and the bureaucrats. It might be worth it just to leave the country and start over elsewhere in the world. I'm just trying to study up on survival skills, language skills and hoping I can make it to a nice south American country if things don't improve here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
From the day you are born we are assaulted with the NWO adgenda.

Parents allow their own offspring to be drugged before the child has taken a dozen breaths. WHY - brainwashing. It is everyone doctor, nurse, parent that have been convinced by the NWO that this is best for the child. NO it is NOT.
1 child in every 135 develops Autisum in the United States. What is going on? We cannot prove that it is the Vaccination, but Why "roll the dice" with your child's life when the child has a hundred fold better chance to develop a mental disorder than suffering from a childhood affliction ? We have no proof because the research is controled by the NWO.

Then we go on a diet of chemical polluted food and wash it down with floride.

Then we are sent to a Government controlled indoctrination day camp for the rest of our youth.

We are fool enough to sit and watch the control device in the corner hours upon hours, being told what we should think and believe. The assault is not just the message, it is the FLICKER rate of the broadcast.

We allow ourselves to be divided , being told we have a two party polictical system, when in fact it is one beast with two heads. Nothing ever changes. Sold a bill of goods by the last Guy to lie to us - "Change You Can Believe In" WHAT CHANGED ?

In our adult life we have become chemically poisoned, dumbed down, TV watching morons who would rather talk about which team is going to win the big game or who is getting bumped from American Idol.

Most couldn't careless that CCTV cameras watch your every move, EVERY phone call,EVERY key stroke is monitored, repeating the NWO montra :If You Don't Have Anything to Hide etc.bla bla bla. Accepting life in a POLICE STATE.

HOW MUCH MORE WILL WE ENDURE ?

Sadly the answer is we are already overthrown,

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Sometimes i feel it is just as bad over here in the UK.

People are so caught up in their own worlds Celeb magazines and making the payments on their shiny new BMW's that they do not care about bigger picture stuff. The super rich are going to stay that way and everyone else is going to aspire to be them. You could go so far as to say that the Super rich and celebrities etc. are just another control mechanism.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The American people will take it as long as there is sh*t to watch on tv to keep us distracted from the reality we are facing. As long as trvial BS permeate our lives and the places we go, we will never break free from the chains we love so much. I mean, who cares about celebrities? I sure as hell dont! People care about who is dating who in Holywood, but are completley uninterested that our jobs are being shipped over seas, nearly all politicians are greedy money rats and are selling us out to corporate interests while saying they actually care about us.
So I think we will take it right up until we are all in poverty.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

So much truth in this.. I agree with simplifying our lives.. However, our country doesnt want us to do that.. Its all about money. Always has been.. No matter where you go or what you do people are trying to sell you something.. Even church.. You go to church and they are provided you with the word of god, but in return, in most cases, its about the money that the church generates.. Give most people a tv, an Iphone, and a decent car and they are happy.. Our lives have become so easy, we dont have to do hardly anything other than wake up and go to work.. And I feel even worse for the next generation (provided the earth survives that long).

Im 34, but I remember when I was a kid we entertained ourselves.. Sometimes by riding bikes, sometimes by using sticks for guns and playing army.. The kids today are the worst.. 8 hours a day in school, then the rest of the day infront of an XBOX, computer, or cell phone.. Most of them probably dont even know how to pump gas.. Its a shame..

Now dont get me wrong, I love some of the technology we now have, but there has to be a line somewhere. People are becoming helpless and unmotivated..
edit on 18-1-2011 by Remedylane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

thanks for allowing me to comment on your thoughtful thread...

As far as the question du' jour... Methinks that the only way to move any american with money enough to own a computer is to show it on TV.

It seems, much to my chagrin, that if it is on TV then it must be true. Put the truth or even half-truths in movies and we americans eat it up...time and time again, but if it ain't on TV it just simply is not true...

Now...even if the truth is on TV in the form of those 200 hairdoos and talking heads...only 28% would believe it anyway...

Perhaps we could turn this thread into a questions YES or NO thread...such that the question would be simplified to the following:

WOULD YOU (YES OR NO) BELIEVE IT IF WAS ON TV...

Again, thanks for allowing my good half brain to comment...

Good luck with this...seems a thoughtful and well placed thread...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have been telling that to people since I was a kid.But it must have filtered through society because you put it in cyberprint.Seriously how can we compete against countries with a different monetary value and wage expectancy without checks and balances.Why can't Americans learn what a tariff is and what it's purpose is?To me it is so simple.I blame the economics teachers for making the class so damn boring.I for one have had enough but they have got me so broke I will soon lose the ability to pay attention.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join