It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What are we, strange title you may think. But, what really are we. well i know some of what we are, an organic life form, one of many on this planet. We seem to be the most intelligent life form on earth, ha ha. so what's wrong with the human race, we are all insane. All we do is kill and destroy, lie and steal. No one can say they haven't done one of these things. We talk about peace and love and freedom, but we all live in fear. so back to the question. What are WE. --- WE ARE DEFECTIVE. hope you like my first thread. thank you.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 16/1/2011 by Sauron because: all caps in title

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"We are stardust. We are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I like it.
I think we are a disease and a plague to Mother Earth and don't deserve what we were given and have proved this over and over again.
I laugh when everyone is petrified about the end of the world but just like we look to eradicate disease that ravage and destroy us or look to eliminate any enemy we see as possibly harmful to our future shouldn't Mother Earth do the same to what is harmful to her existence?
We cannot survive without Mother Earth but she can sure do a whole lot better without us here.
The human disease has crossed the point of no return and does not even seek to work together to cure the disease man created so from her point of view the only recourse is to kill off this incredibly harmful disease to save herself.
What would you do if someone or something was destroying you and your family?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
an appropriate clip...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Its all part of evolution, a giant learning curb for us.

We cant be perfect from the beggining, we need to time to learn from mistakes. Although i agree with you in saying we are defective currently and many insane as well. The problems start when we stop learning from mistakes and keep doing the same thing over and over or worse start moving backwards.

Have hope, only us can change the future and the direction we are headed.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

Actually, I haven't stolen anything or lied to anyone. I have never been in a physical fight, cheated or yell at anyone (with the exception of maybe 2 times with my parents when I was little) I wouldn't call myself a destroyer but I guess I can apply a small amount of it to myself; killing ants by stepping on them accidently, polluting earth with my vehicle and water wasting. We are humans, there are more to us then murder and insanity. I think majority of us are beautiful creatures who love one another and would give our lives for others including animals (Whether we know it or not). Yes, some humans turned into robots that loss touch of who they are and what's real, you can blame that on technology. Without it, we would be living a simple life and relying on nature and fresh food. All life forms destroy something whether feeding or building shelter. I guess I don't get what your implying lol If it comes to where we were from? I vote Aliens

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I used to share your optimism, and I'm relieved when I find echoes of that belief in others. What I can't comprehend is why time is needed to correct or learn from our mistakes. Time is a luxury, common sense is a gift. I don't think it shall ever be wise to assess humanity with a guage such as a clock.

Isn't there already enough evidence to support the belief that we've already recrudesced to point from which only technology and the vile uses of it are the only things to progress?

Sure there is some positivity in the world, and there was a time for learning from the past. . .but what examples exist today that say it's not too late?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

I know what u mean. It would be great just automatically know the best way or the correct way. You would think it would be easier but as history has shown it hasnt been easy.

We still fight about the same things and go around in the same circles.

Wars

Economics

Human Rights

The list goes on and on, i could discuss this topic for hours. We do need to be positive and optimistic otherwise things will get worse. As i said we are the ones controlling the future, it doesnt control us, but our past does.

I dont think tech is only place left to progress, as a race we still cant agree on political values, economic structture, religionn, philosiphy and many many others things.

We do have a long way to go yet and as much as i would love to see the whole journey it aint gonna happen. We have come along way as well dont forget our primitive begginings. Yes things could and should be better by now, its upto any of us to help in creating a better a positive future for us all.

If we lose hope, we lose humanity pretty quickly.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

We are a fragment of the Creation. And will one day return to it.
Some will just have to wait much longer than others.

We are defective because of mind control and DNA regression.
But we used to live till like 1000 years old.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

You never lied? I would say impossible. Yet possible. Think back to when you was very young. When you first started learning right from wrong. You was caught doing something your parents told you was wrong, you said I didnt do that. Then lets move up a few years. You have never stretched the truth? O lets say your first job, did you enlighten your resume to help you get a job? what about the time you forgot your homework? you never made an excuse for this? when you was runnign late, you told the entire truth? If you haev never lied then you must be the creator because it is i man to lie from time to time. Just saying you never lied is a lie in itself, because it starts from our first time our parents became upset with us. You need to rethink this lie you so bodly posted in here. no one not even the monks, not the pope, not mother terressa is exempt from lies, no one is perfect it is in our human genes to be imperfect, we are imperfect learning to be better-no you lie just saying you are perfect...peace, i hope you find your truth because the truth you are running from.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

What Are We?

Bi-pedal, dual-hemisphered pieces of grabbastic primordial pond scum that managed to crawl up on the banks and bake in the sunshine long enough to grow ignorant attitudes.

PS: I got a B- in school for that one wayyyy back in the early 70s!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
we are seriously defunct animals. edited to add

edit on 16-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We are the multitude of particles from the dust from which we came and to which we will return.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by golden144
reply to post by Gary13

We are a fragment of the Creation. And will one day return to it.
Some will just have to wait much longer than others.

We are defective because of mind control and DNA regression.
But we used to live till like 1000 years old.

1000 years old? Do you have source, plz?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Music We Are

Did you hear that winter is over? The basil
and the carnations cannot control their

laughter. The nightingale, back from his
wandering, has been made singing master

over the birds. The trees reach out their
congratulations. The soul goes dancing

through the king's doorway. Anemones blush
because they have seen the rose naked.

Spring, the only fair judge, walks in the
courtroom, and several December thieves steal

away. Last year's miracles will soon be
forgotten. New creatures whirl in from non-

existence, galaxies scattered around their
feet. Have you met them? Do you hear the

bud of Jesus crooning in the cradle? A single
narcissus flower has been appointed Inspector

of Kingdoms. A feast is set. Listen: the
wind is pouring wine! Love used to hide

inside images: no more! The orchard hangs
out its lanterns. The dead come stumbling by

in shrouds. Nothing can stay bound or be
imprisoned. You say, "End this poem here,

and wait for what's next." I will. Poems
are rough notations for the music we are.

-Rumi

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. - Willy Wonka

You seem to have lost faith in humanity. I am sorry for that. There are still more good people in the world than bad. We are in a sense defective as you say. But that IS what makes us human. Otherwise welcome to the town of Stepford...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Im not perfect, I have many flaws but no I have never lied. I have no reason to. I can't help when I was 2. I was innocent...Kids don't understand so I wouldnt call it "lieing" and no I dont rememeber that far. I was a straight A student and have had very few late assignments. If I forgot it I would just say I forgot it and ask to bring it in the next day for half credit. I know you don't believe me but I don't ask anyone to. Just replying to the thread

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
To the OP, you need to have hope... thats all i can really say.

When we run out of hope, we lose our foundations and lose control. It's that simple.

So many people think we are headed in a bad direction because our government is taking us that way, well do something about it.
We are all born equal! The moment you were born, you were the same as Obama, Bush, Clinton, Howard, Rudd, Gillard and all the other world leaders.

What defines us is what we do with our lives and what we believe in!
We can make it a better world, we just have to get up off our butts and do something about it. It takes hard work and many years of dedication but it can be done!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

All we are is dust in the wind dude.

Had to be done, good film and has a certain truth about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ReflectedTelevision

no, thats what we will become, just dust in the wind. because thats all of what will be left of us, if we dont stop this madness. stay safe dude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join