It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto to Control Food Industry‏

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CarpenterMatt

here you go:

while viewing a youtube video while on youtube's site (not embedded somewhere) if you click the "share" button you will be given a url like this

youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

what you want to do is copy everything AFTER the = sign, then on your ats thread, click the "youtube video" button and paste that code you just copied, and boom your done

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Great post, I do not live in the USA, I am hoping we avoid the deceptions of the evil one and escape this new danger in sights.

Really, Its been about 1 year that I have been researching this life and world, and literally everyday, there is devastating news like this. The evil powers are at work and have grown to be very strong, It's too late to stop this terror, they are too powerful.

I will leave it in more powerful hands of God to save us.

Flagged it (not sure how to 'star')

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by caymanboi

I will leave it in more powerful hands of God to save us.

Find some balls if you want to save yourself, god is busy watching. It is good you have been researching it for a while, let your community know. If enough people know about it then it can present a powerful front to confront these challenges. While they are left ignorant they don't have a chance.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This makes me ANGRY SAD and DEPRESSED!...What are we to do???I grow a garden in the spring and summer but many cant do this....I buy organic,but many cant afford it.....My dd cant afford it....This stresses me sooo much to think my kids and dear grandkids are F**king eating this poison.When will all the MADNESS END in this world.When will all the people be truly FREE!The day can not come soon enough for me.

What make this all even SADDER is people are so asleep they do not even no whats going on and if you tell them they will not believe it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

What are we to do?

We need to build up community awareness and support. Compile the documentation that proves their mismanagement and try and get it out into the community. Simple one page flyers, dvd's of movies and collections of other documentation. While Monsanto have no resistance it will be business as usual for them. When they start facing community backlash and many legal challenges start to build they will need to reasses their approach. Ultimately I would like to see the company broken up into more manageable and responsible divisions. There is a lot of corporate neglect going on around the world and the government does need to make them more accountable for their actions, instead of just taking the money and letting the companies do what they want.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Your good, thanks for saving me some angst.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
This makes me ANGRY SAD and DEPRESSED!...What are we to do???I grow a garden in the spring and summer but many cant do this....I buy organic,but many cant afford it.....My dd cant afford it....This stresses me sooo much to think my kids and dear grandkids are F**king eating this poison.When will all the MADNESS END in this world.When will all the people be truly FREE!The day can not come soon enough for me.

What make this all even SADDER is people are so asleep they do not even no whats going on and if you tell them they will not believe it.

The weapons of our warfare are not physical. They are Spiritual and mental. This site, when you learn the truths that are here can overwhelm. But we must gain perspective through our faiths or mental fortitude and learn to fight now with anger but love, patience, and humility... not that I always succeed

If we are to change hearts and minds we must engage the hearts and minds in such a way as they are motivated. Angering and confronting people (which I did at first) will not work. But as I switched to motivating I gained a valuable insight into the human psyche and people started not only becoming aware of these things but looking forward to the new things I was showing as well as starting to show them themselves. And I am talking facebook and "real life" here, not ATS.

Most... well... many people, here on ATS are already aware. So share to others, in motivating ways like I do in this post.

I've made a blog also which I hope to share with my friends who would never come to ATS.

There is hope. And the battle is fought one heart, one mind, at a time.

It takes you.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Great work my freind!

“Vice president for public policy” means, of course, chief lobbyist. Monsanto had hired him to keep his former colleagues at USDA and FDA, as well as Congress folk, up to date on the wonders of patent-protected seed biotechnology.

“Since 2000,” the FDA press release informs us, “Taylor has worked in academic and research settings on the challenges facing the nation’s food safety system and ways to address them.”

burningbabylon.wordpress.com...

edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who would have thought it 200 years ago?
The founding fathers missed an amendment.
"The rights of the people to keep seeds and grow food shall not be infringed."

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Very sad indeed that this bill got passed, from now on it will just get more and more difficult to make and buy organic food. These fascists won't stop until their genetically modified filth is everywhere.. the salmon in particular worries me, because their hormone-filled version of it will soon cause all natural forms of salmon to become extinct.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Absolutely Awesome

That should be a campaign slogan

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Your comment is profound. I would give you a hundred stars for that!
Who would have thought that 200 years ago we would be dealing with a monster such as Monsanto.

It could be said of them their motto is "No food shall be grown that we dont own".

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

There are two ways to get it passed:

There are essentially two ways spelled out in the Constitution for how to propose an amendment. One has never been used.

The first method is for a bill to pass both houses of the legislature, by a two-thirds majority in each. Once the bill has passed both houses, it goes on to the states. This is the route taken by all current amendments. Because of some long outstanding amendments, such as the 27th, Congress will normally put a time limit (typically seven years) for the bill to be approved as an amendment (for example, see the 21st and 22nd).

The second method prescribed is for a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States, and for that Convention to propose one or more amendments. These amendments are then sent to the states to be approved by three-fourths of the legislatures or conventions. This route has never been taken, and there is discussion in political science circles about just how such a convention would be convened, and what kind of changes it would bring about.

Maybe now is the time to implement the second method for the first time!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join