It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto to Control Food Industry‏

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh, HELLLLLLLLLLL NO.....

I can't even believe this.... what can we do to stop these people?

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by pianopraze

Its very scary!

www.naturalnews.com...
One of the scariest things we hear from them...

"Hi I am from The Government And I Am Here To Help"

Maybe they should say "We are here from Monsanto"... as the people from Monsanto become the people on the FDA and Supreme Court allowing this to happen! Revolving door policy at it's very worst...

I think we should revolve the door on their butt and kick them out of our country. Maybe put them on a desert island with just GMO food...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I would bet that your doctor eats organic food.
Iwould also bet she knows how harmful GMO food is.

And Ill bet she does not get the swine flu vaccine either.

If you can help it, dont eat that "cheap food"

Soon they will be trying to feed us bugs. Its true!
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Americans have been pwned by the corporations. Soon these corps will have so much power over you and your government that the illusion of choice wont even be necessary. Enter corporate fascism. You are some of the most un-free people on this planet IMHO.

IRM

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That is an excellent video!
It reminds me of the Federal Reserve....
All of the same faces that contolled Goldman Sachs, Chase...

I hope the door hits them in the but on the way out whenever it is!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

That is an excellent video!
It reminds me of the Federal Reserve....

I hope the door hits them in the but on the way out whenever it is!

Absolutely the same thing is happening in almost every aspect of our government.

There is a name for a nation who's government controls it corporations, or corporations control it's government...

but shhhhh..... don't tell anyone. They wouldn't believe it!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The way corporations are structured and managed is one reason why things are getting out of hand. It is very common for board members to sit not just on one company, but many. The revolving door of politics is one example of this. The culture in many board rooms has become sociopathic in nature where decisions are based on money while not properly accounting for all the influences the company makes, just the short term influences that pay the bonuses.
edit on 16-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'short term'

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Exactly. Just like the bankstas borrowed money from Washington (well actually it was stolen from the peasants)
to shore up the "failing" too big to fail instituions...and in turn they whip around and hand out unprecedented bonus to their employees!

I see the same thing coming with Monsanto, and the FDA. They will search till the ends of the earth to find every last small farmer, sue them and bankrupt them. Then...they will hand out big bonus.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I see the same thing coming with Monsanto, and the FDA. They will search till the ends of the earth to find every last small farmer, sue them and bankrupt them. Then...they will hand out big bonus.

They don't have to wait until they are totally bankrupt... many commit suicide to get out the debt they owe Monsanto for the Monsanto crops that keep failing.

But don't worry about Monsanto's bottom line.... the farmers use Monsanto pesticides to kill themselves...

"Farmers' suicides are increasing due to a vicious circle created by money lenders. They lure farmers to take money but when the crops fail, they are left with no option other than death."

But there's more to the story than that. Farmer suicides can be attributed to, "something far more modern and sinister: genetically modified crops," the UK's Daily Mail reports.

Shankara, like millions of other Indian farmers, had been promised previously unheard of harvests and income if he switched from farming with traditional seeds to planting GM seeds instead.

Beguiled by the promise of future riches, he borrowed money in order to buy the GM seeds. But when the harvests failed, he was left with spiraling debts -- and no income.

So Shankara became one of an estimated 125,000 farmers to take their own life as a result of the ruthless drive to use India as a testing ground for genetically modified crops.

And no company has been as notorious in the business as the U.S. agra-giant Monsanto.

Source

edit on 16-1-2011 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If only people could know the truth.

On August 30, 2010, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation purchased 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock. This company has driven thousands of Indian farmers to kill themselves after they were unable to pay mass amounts of debt back to the company. Additionally, the suicide was so prevalent among farmers in the area that it has been dubbed the "suicide belt" of India. Farmers who were promised increased revenue by the biotech giant were soon overcome with debt and regret. Some farmers drank the very insecticide they were given to use on their crops. If the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation were truly attempting to "reduce extreme poverty," like their mission statement claimed, then why would they support an organization like Monsanto?

www.libertynewsonline.com...

And I would wager that the Gates eat organic food, non GMO.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Great thread, burntheships! S & F!

I started making my own body products (oil, soaps, etc.) to get away from the junk in those products. In the process I started learning more about what is in our food, the development of GMO foods, the laws shaping such and Monsanto's role in all this.

I'm trying hard to make a difference by contacting my "elected officials" (and others' as well
), by buying organic products where I can, and boycotting products containing certain ingredients. As many have pointed out, though, if you're not rich, this is really hard to do.

And I try really hard to share information and educate others on the true state of affairs, but the mass majority doesn’t care, or they think such “ideas” are paranoid conspiracies – they just shut their eyes and say “Hogwash, the FDA is protecting us, not hurting us.”

Sometimes I feel like there's no way to beat corrupt corporate america. If 99 out of every 100 people want to keep their heads in the sands, don’t want to be bothered, whatever, what can you do?

Remember a while back when Frito Lay developed the biodegradable Sun Chip bag? Great idea, right? Canada kept it, but the U.S. didn’t - Americans complained it was “too noisy.” Feedback and decreasing sales forced Frito back to the original packaging in the states. That the mentality we’re dealing with.

I'm so depressed

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It's part of his magic formula to get CO2 to zero.... well that would kill all the plants and thus all life on the planet, but just ignore that along with the part about how vaccines will help lower the number of people on the planet....

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

I understand! I can only imagine how the farmers feel!
I tell you its going to be a fight from here on out...

We need to learn to grow our own food if we can.
If not, I suggest your nearest farmers market. Buy seeds!

The problem many people face is they do not have space to garden.
It is going to come down to a choice....we all have to make our own choice.

What is important? Dancing with the stars? The Redskins?
Or food --.real food!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

It's part of his magic formula to get CO2 to zero.... well that would kill all the plants and thus all life on the planet, but just ignore that along with the part about how vaccines will help lower the number of people on the planet....

Oh its really looking like "A Brave New World"

In addition to funding Monsanto, the Gates Foundation has also funded the development of genetically modified mosquitoes. The mosquitoes, developed by the University of Queensland, are modified to stop the spread of a virus carried by the insects. This technology also allows scientists to modify the insects in other ways, such as engineering the mosquito to produce a vaccine in their saliva. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda is currently working on a transgenic mosquito that is essentially a mobile vaccination. If it is successfully implemented, unsuspecting targets will be injected with a vaccination, even if the person is opposed to the science behind most vaccinations.
www.libertynewsonline.com...

Mosquitos that are "mobile vaccinations"? "Unsuspecting targets"?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Oh its really looking like "A Brave New World"

Mosquitos that are "mobile vaccinations"? "Unsuspecting targets"?

A Brave New World indeed... worse than 1984 even.

Check out my thread on this here to see the insanity they brag they are going to bring about.

This all ties together into a picture than most here on ATS are seeing but no one that is brainwashed by the MSM (controlled by the same 4 companies all with huge military industrial contacts) would believe. EVEN WHEN THEY ARE SHOWN IT ... look at some of the posts... people are saying it's a good thing!

They will use GMO to sterilize or kill you, then throw you in these cities where they control where you goto school, what jobs you hold, how much money you make. I.E. a slave race... and I'm sure your right that Gates is not eating this GMO poop.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Starred & Flagged.

Reading through some of those comments...
Its obvious that the Glyphosate took hold on some of them.

Its usually the same posters over and over again.

Lets break out the weedkiller.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If your watching this thread you may want to look into Bill Ryans "Interview with Charles".[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLgHnC6BdE&feature=player_embedded] My intention is not to pull this thread off topic, but in this interview "Charles" (supposedly an insider for the illuminati, breaking out & speaking because he has a terminal disease) talks about what he suggests is the real concern we should all have for the future, food security. To cut a long story short he relays a version of reality where the illuminati or bloodline of 33 control this world & have done for a long time. Apparently they consider themselves caretakers of the human genetic line, but have no regard for the individual. He says our out of control population growth is the biggest threat to the continuation of our species & this planet, & he indicates this is the purpose of "Big Agricultural" & their terminator seeds. Once enough of the worlds food supply is under terminator seed propogation they will have the means to trigger a human population reduction by simply withholding supply. Make of it what you will, but seriously," the elephant in the room" of current world issues is population. There is no sustainable plan to curb this problem & in light of that fact, this scenario is entirely plausible. On population, we are headed full pace towards the precipice. Just have a look an an exponential population growth chart......scary.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Whoops, sorry about the link, still learning....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarpenterMatt
Whoops, sorry about the link, still learning....

Is this the one your were sharing?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Hey, thats it, thank . Mmmm, now I should go read up on how to do that, just lazy.

:@

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join