It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Not Able to Sleep Lately?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I'm glad to hear that you are alive and well. Just bumping my shins hurts!

I'm sure medications can cause sleep issues. I remember once a few years ago I had a cold and I took some cough medicine (the correct dosage), and that alone actually kept me up. I couldn't get my mind to settle down. Do you think that due to your incident, if you don't mind me asking, if it's possible that you have experienced some kind of PTSD? As I understand it, that can also cause sleeplessness.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

You maybe right I am open minded to such things but have a hard attitude when it comes to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

I don't know. Most everyone I know still sleeps like they have always done. Me? Sometimes I can't sleep more than two hours. However, Clary Sage Oil. Great stuff!! Put a drop on your pillow. You WILL go to sleep. Expect to sleep at least 4 hours.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've been a long time reader of ATS, first time I ever felt the need to post.

I live in Minnesota, and I've had more trouble sleeping since around the holidays then usual. I suffer from tinitus, but it seems worse then normal (I can't even hear normal speech it's just so LOUD!) This past week I can count the hours of real 'sleep' I've had on one had and have fingers left over. I'm tired during the day, but can't even seem to get to sleep to take a nap.

The one time I did get some sleep, I had the strangest dream about flu shots... I won't go into it here, it's for a whole other thread.

I'm healthy as I can be. I live in a small town with no major powerlines around it. We do have farms that grow that GMO crop stuff (beans and corn courtesy of Monsanto and DuPont et al)

I'm not the only one it seems. Thank you for that. It means alot to know there are others out there.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
count me in.. my wife too, although, idk if shes not sleeping because im up and down all nite... im having crazy crazy dreams that wake me.. not so much trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep... funny though, i walked in on a conversation at work where everyone was saying their not sleeping well because of their weird dreams.. something in the air? idk..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ERSRHD

ERSRHD,

I know what you are saying about there being a lot of people in the world that have trouble sleeping, and there is a good possibility that this is all just a coincidence. However, I think what stands out in this thread that makes it carry a little more weight is that people who had no sleeping troubles before are suddenly having them. I also find it interesting that a few people who said they used to have trouble sleeping are now sleeping better than ever. I wonder what that means...

P.S. I'm guessing that your cheesy comment was going to have something to do with Sleepless in Seattle.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have been having sleep problems for quite a long time so it is not a recent thing. I would toss and turn for a while before sleeping. And would usually sleep long after my bedtime.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yes, because it's a break and I relax then.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes i have been getting less sleep lately, since mid december, never had any issues with sleeping previously
though. Unlike previous posters i know why, BIRDS! What the hell are birds doing tweetin and chirpin their heads off in the middle of the night? I almost started a thread to see if it was not just my area, when i bring it up among friends they act dispondent and shrug their shoulders n say its just birds. In the middle of the night?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

What the hell are birds doing tweetin and chirpin their heads off in the middle of the night?

Funny that you mention that. I have heard birds late at night a few times recently and thought it was very strange. It's not every night, and it's not the reason that I can't sleep, but I've heard them here as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am sooo in this category. I have doubled the amount of ambien, which without I would stay for days in a row. . .nearly a week.

Then comes doc and ambien. I've taken double the ambien plus two benadryl, and a unisom. And nothing.

But yeah, this has been an ever increasing issue.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
For our family starting in December we had trouble with headaches and vertigo. It's not unusual for me to have dizzy spells, but to have them daily is odd, and for my husband to have them is unheard of, but he is. We've also had nonstop sinus problems, but I chalk that up to germs. My husband normally sleeps great but has turned into an insomniac. The kid sleeps okay, though she has been tense and edgy up until a couple of days ago. I was sleeping fine and then at the end of November I started getting woken up by strange sensations or dreams about being in a haunted house and when I opened my eyes I'd see shadowy forms attached to me and I'd get this weird sensation like I was being pulled out of my body. The feeling would persist even after I was fully awake. As soon as I lay back down I felt like some part of me was trying to float right out of my body. It would be so unnerving I'd sometimes stay awake until dawn then get the kid off to school and nap part of the day. My husband and I are dragging a bit but okay. So I'm getting sleep but not on my regular "school night" schedule. It's kind of wreaking havoc on the volunteer work I want to do. The worst hours for me are around three a.m. That's when the weird dreams and sensations hit me.

I felt so bad reading the post about the little three year old with the speech impediment who says monsters are pulling him up. That sounds like what I have been experiencing. Someone on the paranormal forum mentioned sprinkling some salt on themselves when showering to stave off psychic attacks. I figured what the heck, it couldn't hurt and on nights when I've done that before going to bed I have slept peacefully. Placebo effect? Who knows. I don't ask why, I just go with whatever works.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I've been sleeping a little better lately actually.

Usually an early bedtime for me would be 2am!

On the other hand, my dad and sister who usually fall asleep at reasonable times have been up later.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SurReality

Lol maybe "polar shift" means shifting to the habits opposite the ones you normally have. Insomniacs will become good sleepers and good sleepers will become insomniacs.

Well I guess I'd better be off to bed myself. Tomorrow will likely be a "snow day" here but I will still have to be up early to walk the dog and make breakfast for everyone. Wish me luck. I hope I don't have another "floaty" night. I haven't had one in several nights so I'm optimistic.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

This is weird. I thought it was just me. I work nights and have been getting a maximum of 6 hours sleep up to about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm lucky to get 4 hours. I take melatonin to fall asleep, which usually works, but lately I wake up about every hour and my mind is racing.

The other day I went to bed 2 hours earlier than usual, but that didn't even help. I slept even less. Just tonight this happened again. This has to be more than just stress.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've been experiencing a sort of general anxiety since the first week of the year. Sleep has been OK but not as refreshing as it should be. Some sinus trouble. People at work have been complaining of a strange illness that's a sort of combination of sinus trouble and exhaustion. Lots of people at work complaining about general fatigue.

I've been an insomniac for many years. Got tested for apnea and yes, I have it. Now I use a CPAP machine along with 50 mg amitriptyline (an effective anti-insomnia drug they used to prescribe a lot for depression before the SSRIs took over the market). A 300 mcg melatonin tab rounds out the nightly ritual. Taken with a glass of milk (something soothing about milk at bedtime).

I agree with other posts that there seems to be a big event coming and no one knows what. Feels like a surprise event is already in the works but not yet revealed, if that makes any sense.

The strange, mass animal deaths have me concerned but I have no idea or guess about what that's about. I feel like the media is being fed cover stories --- "It was only fireworks that scared the birds and they fell dead. Just fireworks, that's all." When I hear stuff like that in the media, I believe we're being fed cover stories. Something is up.

The other thing for me has been a sharp increase in synchronicities. Meaningful coincidences. For example (this is real, not a dream), on Thursday of last week, I met someone for the first time in their workplace in a building I had never been in before. On Sunday, the person showed up at my workplace for an entirely different reason than I had when I met the person last week. There are dozens of people the person could have come into contact with and never bumped into me, but by sheer coincidence, there we were again. It took about 15 seconds for both of us to confirm in our minds that we were recognizing each other and then we were both freaked out about this synchronicity. We both said like, "I can't believe it's you, I just met you the other day!" It totally wasn't planned. I live in a large city. It's weird to meet a stranger and then bump into the same person just a few days later in an entirely different kind of place across town. This is just one example of the increasing rate of synchronicities.

Everyone should be sensitive, pay attention, and be on the lookout for synchronicities. I'll bet you experience some if you are tuned in to it.
edit on 18-1-2011 by switching yard because: to add

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Not only are me and mine not sleeping well we are also high strung. Arguing over simple little things that 6 mos ago we wouldn't even bother with. Our finances are good. Our employment situations are well. We are "sad" feeling even though there is no real reason to be. It is a feeling of something amiss. It is like we cannot put a finger on it but something is not right.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What is everyones weather like? I am in Texas and our weather is strange, even for us. I wonder if maybe we all might be experiancing some strange SAD type symtoms? (seasonal affective disorder)

For me, my sleep patterns became wonky once the Christmas school break hit. The kids were off, I could stay up late. And ever since, my sleep patterns have been quite messed up. But the kids have been back in school long enough for my sleep pattern to correct its self.

Unfortunately I do not get the 'oh hell, can't sleep might as well clean the house' insomnia, I get the 'I am a tired lump that cannot sleep' insomnia.

I have always had very vivid dreams, and when I can't remember my dreams that is a problem. My middle Son is starting to have extreamly vivid dreams, and so is my Mom. Nothing scary, just the type that leave you wondering WTH?! type of dreams.

So here I sit at 1:13 AM and already stressing about having to wake up around 6:30 Am to get the kids ready for school. And I am quite over being the cranky Mom in jammies, in the car pool lane. And I am tired of living the 'zombie' lifestyle.

Hopefully those of us who are having sleep problems can finally get some real sleep soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Foggy and rainy, with a smattering of general crapiness here. I have been known to get headaches when the air shifts from low to high, pressure shifts that sort of thing. But I haven't had a really horrible headache that wasn't self induced for quite sometime. With regards to my sleepiness and non of it. It is like I have had too much sleep but haven't slept at all, oddness I say.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I was reading through this thread until I took a break to learn about Apple Cider Vinegar (THANKS - good material).

I’m adjusting to recent retirement (November 16, 2010) and for the first six weeks, with exception to holidays, was mostly up for 12 hours and then slept the other 12 hours.

We have a cat which mostly sleeps during our now cooler winter and sometimes rainy days. After our (central/southern California coast) end-of-the year rains stopped, our cat began to request outdoors about one hour after we went to bed. Until the rains and my retirement, she used to do this before 10pm (our former collective bedtime). Since I’m now retired I figured why not let her out and wait for her to return (I’ll just sleep in longer tomorrow morning). This has slightly messed with my sleep patterns but mostly I’m just physically achy (legs and arms) and tired (hence my interest in the Apple Cider Vinegar material) from tossing and turning. My sleep is not as good but it may be my own fault. Interestingly, my dreams were weirder before retirement than they are now.

Somewhere in my related internet “snooping” tonight, I found reference to Schumann resonances (ignoring for now, whether the Schumann resonance is or is not changing) which led me to a paragraph at www.glcoherence.org...:

There is also evidence in some cases that people’s brainwaves can synchronize with the rhythm of the electromagnetic waves generated in the earth’s ionosphere. When people say they "feel" an impending earthquake or other planetary events, such as weather changes, it is possible that they may be reacting to the actual physical signals that occur in the earth’s field prior to the event.

So, maybe some of us are responding to some kind of planetary change!

I for one am waiting for the next CME so that I can look for correlations in “behavioral” changes (are the "experiences", since the beginning of the year, repeatable?).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join