It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLOOD! The UK Is Next!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In light of everything it is going on at the moment, this article speaks for itself.

Freak world weather patterns hits the North.

As surging river levels teetered near bursting point today, householders were bracing themselves against floods after heavy rainfall in northern England and Wales.
Temporary defences were put up following prolonged deluges yesterday that prompted the Environment Agency to issue 28 flood warnings in the worst-hit communities.
Forecasters have predicted more rain in northern regions today, adding to fears that some rivers could breach their banks

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

nothing to worry about in the U.K. used to these floodings every year, just bad management of the river and canal systems. get out the sandbags folks,lol

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the post.
My region in the American Pacific Northwest we are currently under flood warning with more rain coming.

Good luck to everyone in these trying times.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We've had a little flooding in Derby apparently

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We have had our fair share of floods in the UK over the years,although nothing like the severity or scale of those happening in Queensland.
I think our recent UK snow blast was linked to the the same process though(el Nina).
She is fierce right now,and more devastation could follow.

Mother nature shows her hand is not always a gentle one.

My heart goes out to the folks in Australia and Brasil who have suffered the wrath of this.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbydazzler

nothing to worry about in the U.K. used to these floodings every year, just bad management of the river and canal systems. get out the sandbags folks,lol

Nothing new to us in the uk . Great reply , Bobby

To the OP . You don't scare us with your fear mongering . Bring it on , mother nature lol
edit on 17-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well my car didn't float away this morning, so we must be OK. If you are going to partake in a bout of fear mongering, do not use the Daily Mail as source Material as it is one of the worlds greatest works of fiction.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Can't see that post lasting long.

Don't know what the OP has done to you to deserve that personal attack but it sure has no place on ATS.

On topic.

Parts of the UK flood pretty regularly, York floods every year I think and who can ever forget the Boscastle flood of 2004.
www.youtube.com...

Still, nothing like they've had to endure in Australia and Brazil.
And no sharks in the UK....I think.
edit on 17/1/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Dont judge a book by its cover, heard that phrase much?

Fear Mongering? It is widely being broadcast on the news, the OP is kindly showing this in light of the recent floods and extreme weather conditions.

Just like you said, disclosure has some good points and rather than spending your time degrading members, try to have an educated discussion instead.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Parts of the lake district have experienced flooding too , but then it is the wettest place in the UK lol

Good for you in standing up to that cyber bully . Have a star on me

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Still, nothing like they've had to endure in Australia and Brazil.
And no sharks in the UK....I think.

Sharks aint the problem, they stay in the water..
It's the crocs and the snakes...Watch out for them...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

What a useless post! Go sober up pal.

Back on topic. I've been wondering also if we're next in the UK, If we are there's not a lot we can do about it I reckon.

The Aussies were overwhelmed despite their massive land mass, so if it happens here, us brits will just have to stand and salute while our little island goes under.

Whatever will be, will be.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery

WARNING drunken rant ahead

Sorry i have to say it because so many of us are thinking it about you after seeing you post your absolute crap

Stop your fear mongering you [snip] if that is you in your profile shot you are a [snip] we can all just look at your picture and straight away know you are a [snip] [snip] if that is not you, why the hell would you have someone who looks like the standard [snip] that go's clubbing and buy's [snip] [snip] [snip] drugs to get high as your avatar, but than again if you are one of who i said, you look just as you should, just like a [snip] maybe if you change you profile pix so you don't look like a [snip] someone besides the stupid trolls will listen to you, as you sometimes have intelligent things to say...

Yes i say it how it is don't like it i'm not changing so execpt to cop it more

Great grammar...you must be a scholar.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
We have had our fair share of floods in the UK over the years,although nothing like the severity or scale of those happening in Queensland.
I think our recent UK snow blast was linked to the the same process though(el Nina).
She is fierce right now,and more devastation could follow.

Mother nature shows her hand is not always a gentle one.

My heart goes out to the folks in Australia and Brasil who have suffered the wrath of this.

El Nina doesnt effect the UK

El Nina effected areas

edit on 17-1-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery

WARNING drunken rant ahead

Sorry i have to say it because so many of us are thinking it about you after seeing you post your absolute crap

Stop your fear mongering you [snip] if that is you in your profile shot you are a [snip] we can all just look at your picture and straight away know you are a [snip] [snip] if that is not you, why the hell would you have someone who looks like the standard [snip] that go's clubbing and buy's [snip] [snip] [snip] drugs to get high as your avatar, but than again if you are one of who i said, you look just as you should, just like a [snip] maybe if you change you profile pix so you don't look like a [snip] someone besides the stupid trolls will listen to you, as you sometimes have intelligent things to say...

Yes i say it how it is don't like it i'm not changing so execpt to cop it more

That's your opinion. Not a very polite one.

I enjoy reading the OP's posts, thanks for asking.

Back on topic.

It doesn't help that the last government allowed so much new house building to be done on flood plains.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes, UK gets floods most winters, and sometimes in the summer, so a flood warning is nothing new. There's nothing to suggest yet that this will be anything other than 'normal' problems, and nothing to suggest it is likely to be on the scale of the tragedies in Australia and Brazil.

The title of the thread is dishonest, imo, since it suggests something other than normal British winter weather, based on no fact. It's sensationalist headlines, like the cheap tabloid press....with a view to aquiring more stars? Tell me that's not the reason!

top topics

join