It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls "America" an "Experiment"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Please watch the clip in my OP. That is what I am referring to!
Unless you have taken 10 minutes or so to view it, you will not understand my commentary.
It is analyzing this clip.

The last part of the clip is exclusively about tobacco.

edit on 16-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Yeah right.
It was so empty that an eagle could soar from the east coast to the mid-West and not see a single human town or village?
(Of course here in the narrative it speaks of the settlers' fantasies - but fortunately for them there were always locals to sponge from.)
But maybe the camera chose a trajectory that missed all those inhabited spots?
It could be possible.
But the documentary itself speaks of a kingdom of 20 000 from the Powhatan Nation.
Everybody Hide!!!

I dont recall ever saying that.. wow.
Project much? We DO have very large expanses of land that is uninhabited.. still. I never said there were no settlements or tribal lands between the east coast and the midwest. WHat you saw on your documentary is not me. I did not write your documentary. I did not say those things. YOU choose to watch trash and believe it, thats your problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If you watch the clip, and go back a few posts you will see it was a misunderstanding.
I think anyone can trace back to see who said what.
I would simply like to refer to the clip.
That was my first line, and I don't see how I've provably swallowed any lies.

I'm pretty sure you didn't write the documentary (neither did I), but we have discussed it by choice.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I don't know here - I have a feeling we just went through a needless and major miscommunication.
I was talking about the clip (which I assumed people had seen in my OP), while another member was talking more generally.
We ended up completely talking passed each other.
I do apologize if I said anything wrong or untrue, or got the wrong end of the stick somewhere.
It's never nice to sign off like this.

OK, if people actually disagree about something, that's good.
But what I hate is signing off badly because of a total miscommunication.
Maybe a new day will bring new clarity.
Sucks.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
On the positive side - there are some very fiery, passionate people on ATS recently.
The NWO better start shaking in their boots.
Humanity wins!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
how has this experiment succeeded. when they say 1% of the population has 90% of the wealth, i call that a failure.

when 100% of the population has tremendous wealth, has access to the highest standards of healthcare the world as ever seen, when all of its citizens live in beautiful homes, with gardens and fountains, when everyone drives rolls royces and when everyone sits down at the dinner table dining to a buffet of lobsters and prime rib with the best of wines, then i'll say this experiment has succeeded.

is that video some kind of sick joke. i can't wait until a rag tag army of rebels overthrows this empire.

atleast the majority of the population are already in rags or are going to be in rags in the near future.

that's a start.

men of words write books, men of action write history.

edit on 16-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
is that video some kind of sick joke. i can't wait until a rag tag army of rebels overthrows this empire.

Nope, I wish I could say it was a sick joke, but it is a very popular History Channel feature, and that's just episode 1!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Obama was grown in a petri dish, off an old sweatsock, What an arschgesicht!

edit on 16-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: lol ANFDOSCFH/vuioghugcieh

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The docu-clip clearly states: "America was founded on tobacco."
Just as soon as everything is green with tobacco leaves the commentators talk about an "immigrant tradition" and "ingenuity".

A very strange scenario indeed, considering America's global attempts at enforcing drug prohibition.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Sinnthia

True, fair enough.
However, I wonder how religious people would feel if humanity was called "God's experiment".

Quite honestly, who cares?

As for the US, yes it is double-speak, one can take it in two ways.

We can take all kinds of things more than one way. That does not mean it has to mean all those things.

The face-value is very nice.
The implied conspiracy brings up images of people pre-planning things in secret chambers.

It does seem thought that this implied conspiracy is just kind of some idea you had though and that is about it. Sorry if that seems dismissive but it really seems like you are trying very hard to find something that is most likely not there and if it were, would really have little impact on anything real anyway. Maybe I just do not understand.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yip, I guess you don't.
Some others have tried ridicule or derailing from the focus on the documentary.
Astoundingly it's even been called "my documentary" that "I choose to believe".

This is a conspiracy forum, and if people want to accept propaganda uncritically that's their choice.
Nobody has proven me wrong on the symbolism, from the speech to Mithras.
I thank the few people who have stayed on-topic.

edit on 17-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Yip, I guess you don't.

In the context of this thread, this discussion, and this topic. No, I do not care if religious people were to get upset if one of their group referred to their shared experience in a term, while personally meant altruistically, comes across through misunderstanding as derisive. I do not even get what it has to do with this topic so why is that all that matters to you now?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Sorry, my reply above is meant more generally, and not specifically at you.
No, you may not care if some leader called us God's experiment, but a lot of religious people sure will.
From my experience they'd like to see themselves as part of God's plan, or even Manifest Destiny.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Sorry, my reply above is meant more generally, and not specifically at you.
No, you may not care if some leader called us God's experiment, but a lot of religious people sure will.
From my experience they'd like to see themselves as part of God's plan, or even Manifest Destiny.

I get that.
I do not get what that has to do with this discussion though. I am crystalizing rose petals today.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If President Obama is saying America was an "experiment", then it appears America has failed.

They ran out of others peoples money to steal, borrow, or legislate from them.

Did any of you read the "healthcare" bill Congress and Obama passed?

Page 392, ""It is the sense of Congress that the funds created by this act be Reserved for Social Security""

Wait a minute....I thought the new mandatory Federal Tax was about healthcare? Nope....70 million Baby Boomers need to be funded.

Since Congress has now read what they passed without reading it....they removed that sentence.

But it's too late...hundreds of thousands of Americans and foreign countries downloaded and read what they passed....and now know WHY they had to pass it without reading it.

This Generation has been getting raped, robbed, and now enslaved....by the last Generation that robbed us blind, polluted our country, sent the jobs overseas, spent their SS Trust Fund, overpriced our homes, and now are enslaving us with a new tax to fund them thru their golden years and into the grave.

Obama's not going to be a good portion of future history books. We know what he did.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
America is an experiment. The dark ages killed most the labor workers-the poor. the europenas fished oiut their ocean, killed the wild animals know they are hungry and want more The Lords the rich came to amreica when it was discovered. Then the rich look around and say heck we dont want to labor the land they sent message back to europe lieing to the poor and hungry, come to the land of opportunity, get free land have a new life. all the while knowing they needed them to work the land. The poor foolishly came. yet smart in the same words. no food for them, no place to be.,..rich take it all, as they do know. Only know their are to many people, not enough work. The american project imo has failed. And we did take this land from the native americans...well wait, the spaniards are the ones who discoverd america and sent word to europe, and then we whiteman took over this land of beauty....Why d o we americans try to turn our cheeks and not see the truth? we haev ravaged this land, we have taken nearly half of the wild, eating up the natural resources, and know, we destroy the air, the water and the tress. I see us for what we are. I say we americans are like cockroaches, we eat and destroy everything in our paths...ok slam me for being truthful. Im use to it..at least i can sleep with knowing how we are.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I saw the trailer of the documentary on our History Channel tonight.
Here it is called America: The story of the US
Unless the title on the web so far is an error, there seem to be two different titles, one for inside the USA (The story of Us) and one for outside (The story of the US).
For the international version "America" is not immediately understood as the USA, so it is specified.
edit on 19-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Trying to say America is an "experiment" is just TPTB trying to spin history to make it look like they were in control all along.

America exists because we forced them out. The King of England, the people who controlled trade, money, taxes, all of that. We kicked them out.

They could have kept attacking us but they agreed to let us be our own free nation on the condition that we owed them lots of money. 1812 was inevitable because we were not honoring our debts per the treaty. We were still spitting in TPTB faces.

Andrew Jackson, hero of 1812, got into power and decimated the bankers' power in America. Another kick in the pants to TPTB. In a twist of irony the Federal Reserve put his face on the $20 bill.

Our Civil War. Another war rife with foreign manipulation. British agents abounded in the South prior to and during the war. Lincoln was shot because after taking out massive loans from foreign banks during the war, he refused to pay the enormous interest rates being set, and started printing the first "greenback dollars."

Early 1900's, they finally got the Federal Reserve act passed, and the bankers finally gained a real foothold here, and started buying power everywhere they could, and everywhere they didn't already have it.

And now they're in danger of being kicked back out of power again, by their own blatant arrogance. Some horrible social/political/military disasters may be heading our way but I have no doubt that there are still plenty enough strong individuals left in this nation that we will survive whatever befalls us and we will still be around to make a difference in the future, in one form or another, and we'll see who has been experimenting with who.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join