It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Algerian set himself on fire to protest unemployment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Algerian set himself on fire to protest unemployment

www.alarabiya.net

A man has died after setting himself on fire at a government building in Algeria, state radio reported on Sunday, echoing the self-immolation that triggered the protests that toppled the leader of neighboring Tunisia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
looks like the civil unrest first seen in tunisa may be spreading... Attitude is contagouse. Reports have been circling of civil disobendiance and riots in afircan countires. Will what happened in tunisa cause a domino effect...
Time will tell....
The man that set himself on fire has now died. My heart goes out to him and his familiy it is hard to understand what goes through a person to make themself do this...
It may not be reported on mainstream news.. but people will be watching. The internet may be restricted but the information will get out...

kx

www.alarabiya.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yes, it is spreading like a wildfire.
I am also reading there are worries happening in Jordan and Libya.

This is just the beginning, it WILL spread worldwide.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
I am also reading there are worries happening in Jordan and Libya.

libya... Just out..

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ho Ho

Could never understand the motivation of somebody to do this to themselves - is there no other way to make a statement?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I doubt it. Europe and the U.S. aren't being manipulated by an outside influence (Western) or has puppet regimes controlling them. International bankers will find a way to settle Europe and the U.S. Americans will be given another distraction and Europeans' wallets will not be touched. However I do believe the protests will spread enough throughout the Muslim world that it will cause a power shift back into Islam's hands. I think most Islamic countries want to be Democratic while still maintaining their religious values. Nothing wrong with that. This is the chance for Iran to take control of the Middle East in terms of influence.
edit on 16-1-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

I doubt it. Europe and the U.S. aren't being manipulated by an outside influence (Western) or has puppet regimes controlling them

I dont know thats debatable... the banks.. the biderberg group,,,controlled media....zionists...shadow governments.. to name a few possbilties.....

kx

new topics

join