It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antipsychotic drug prescriptions triple in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I think a higher point with this 7 year old is, if this child is not able to sit during lessons there is a problem, unless of course the parents allow the child to act out without regards to those around. My grandson was diagnosed with ADHD, overly active could not be quiet, had a hard time sitting still. His mother let docs put him on ridillin, after 3 years of constant hassleing her about this prescription she took him off. after about 6 months he started to slow down a little, but, not enough to listen or be quiet during class, remembering he is not the only child in class. I found alternative ways of dealing with it, natural herbal and skating, football and such. know he can sit still and be quiet during class which includes more children then just him...it is not normal for a child after kindergarden t o be disruptive.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You honestly want to know why? It's because we are pulled so far away from what is natural for a person that they snap. No one knows what they are doing anymore. Kids don't have discipline. We eat garbage. I am one hundred percent certain this is it. Oh and they give us antipsychotics instead of a slap in the face. A good bar fight would straighten them out, make them feel a little more alive. We can't even settle our problems on our own without getting the government between us.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Seems to me at least 50% of my neighbors are losing it about 50% of the time.

40 years ago, only 1% were losing it maybe 5% of the time.

Something's going on. But Big Pharma's cashing in on treating the symptoms - and nobody is admitting the cause(s) or working on prevention.

Unjust. Tragic. Fubarred.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by Advantage

I think a higher point with this 7 year old is, if this child is not able to sit during lessons there is a problem, unless of course the parents allow the child to act out without regards to those around. My grandson was diagnosed with ADHD, overly active could not be quiet, had a hard time sitting still. His mother let docs put him on ridillin, after 3 years of constant hassleing her about this prescription she took him off. after about 6 months he started to slow down a little, but, not enough to listen or be quiet during class, remembering he is not the only child in class. I found alternative ways of dealing with it, natural herbal and skating, football and such. know he can sit still and be quiet during class which includes more children then just him...it is not normal for a child after kindergarden t o be disruptive.

The issue is that kids who DO NOT need it are being forced by the pressure put on their parents to medicate them by people who are playing Dr. The cousins kid was BORED to death. He was put in provate school which was a little under 2 years higher academically than the public one and he was challenged enough to keep him busy. He still speaks loud, but is that really worthy of drugs?? he was NEVER a disruption to class. He'd simply get his work done and be bored to tears.

The point is that no person who is not the childs physician has ANY right demanding that the child be medicated and it is wrong that parents are pushed and bullied into things from people who are not medical professionals. .. but somehow think they have the right to do this.

Then you have the medical professionals who are pushing poison and not diagnosing patients. Ive worked in the medical field for around 30 years. Id say in the last 15 physicians dont " diagnose". They prescribe what they are asked to prescribe.. on label or off.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
How does it work over there in regards to owning or purchasing a firearm if you are on anti-psychotic drugs?

That would be one way to get the gun ownership down, get everyone onto medication then certify them unable to get or own a gun.

CX.

Yo.... that is the intentionally secret result of most every school kid getting perscribed Prozac
or other meds to conrtol their ADD or other problems...
in the near future when they become adult... the ability to have firearms for either protection or for
target shooting will be denied
but the intelligenzia will waiver past meds RXs ...so they will still have the franchise to vote

like its been said a million times before, welcome to wonderland or this is the rabbit hole

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's very interesting. Especially since I thought that anti-psychotics for schizophrenia were primarily to make sure that they didn't snap and engage in violent behavior.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Um.. yes it is normal for kids after kindergarten to cause disturbances.. because they are kiiids!
It's not normal to ask them to sit still for a 7 hour shift.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here's another very interesting and informative study on School Shootings Linked to Psychotropic Drugs Such as Prozac, Ritalin, Luvox, and Paxil

It includes a look at a 2000 report, in the Journal of the AMA, describing a 50% increase in Prozac prescriptions for pre-schoolers. Yes, I said pre-schoolers! What the hell does a pre-schooler have to be depressed about?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I take a drug called cymbalta have been wanting to get off of it i only take 1 pill a day and pay thousands of dollars for insurance a yr in order to pay less money for a bottle of these pills every few months. Everytime i try to get off these drugs its like my body feels like seperating in peices and i feel like hell. If i could only get my body to cope with anxiety and without these drugs maybe i could get ahead financially but the risk is so high that ill be sick that im sucked back into this terrible cycle of having to pay and pay and pay for a pill that is probably going to kill me somehow.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureIsWild If i could only get my body to cope with anxiety and without these drugs

Off subject... but try Gillhams Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement for a few weeks.

Originally posted by fallow the light
adderall is the same thing as crystal meth. and they give this stuff to kids. a lot of kids when they turn 18 wont be able to get adderall any more so they turn to meth because adderall is VERY addictive.

Also off subject... but adderal is actual "amphetamine salt" and crystal meth is "methamphetamine"

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

they are related but quite different in that meth lasts longer (18hrs vs 6) and has much harsher withdrawal and side effects including more pronounced tendency to produce tics and parkinsons like symptoms.

Sri Oracle

edit on 16-1-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
These are the times I'm happy I live in Sweden

On topic though; even here kids are getting diagnosed with ADHD at an alarming rate. Although many cases could be labeled disciplinary issues or bad upbringing, it seems it's easier to just prescribe some stimulants.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by aboveGoos

ADHD is just the most annoying alarming made up disorder ever. The prescription should be a slap in the face of both parents and taking their t.v.s away. Followed by mandatory letting their kids go out and play at the park or with other kids. I mean the stuff they give the kids is just Amphetemine for god's sake. They put my brother on Adderal and I made my parents take him off (when I was like 15 I was of enough mind to know he should be off) they didn't put up a fight and took him off, and I don't blame them for putting him on because it was more about his grades than his disturbances, but the stuff made him a weirdo.

All the stuff does is make a kids mind race so his body wont. All the stuff is is hardcore speed. No miracle.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join